[SOLVED] Removal of subcategories at the top of a category’s page?

I forgot to mention, I'm using the default Prestashop template. I've seen sites with subcategories in their category menu, but no subcategories shown at the top of the main category page... I'm pretty sure some of them were using the same template I am using. I'm also pretty sure it's a simple thing to do once the lines of code that need to be edited are identified. I'm just having some trouble identifying them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am under some pressure to have this site finished by the end of the weekend.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

You need to go to category.tpl in your theme's directory and {* comment out *} the following code:

{if isset($subcategories)}
<!-- Subcategories -->

{l s='Subcategories'}

{foreach from=$subcategories item=subcategory}

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
               {if $subcategory.id_image}
getCatImageLink($subcategory.link_rewrite, $subcategory.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="" />
               {else}

{/if}

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{/foreach}

{/if}

Thank you so very much for your help!

I spent a good amount of time trying to figure this one out with no success. Your solution works well... and I like how easy it will be to get my subcategories to appear again if I decide to go that direction.

Thanks again,
Jason