VPS server overloaded/hanged, just 80 products - need help

I was running my eCommerce shop from last 2 years on host gator basic hosting and there was no issue at all, I had 80 products and have to generate product combinations, generating products combination took much resources and host gator warn us about it, so decided to move on VPS hosting.

Purchased bluehost VPS hosting with 2.4 Ghz process, 2gb ram, 30 gb had drive,

but after upgrading,  my server is going overloaded from last couple of weeks and website is very slow.

it normally consumed 16gb or ram and 30-40 times more load compare to what resources has assigned to me, so blue host has given me warning..

I tried to sortout the issue, but unable to solve it.

I monitored the mysql and got few sessions are hanging up, which is overloading server.

Can anyhone help in it, ready to pay for resolving this matter.

from the information provided it can be hard to give a proper response. 

I've often seen loading issues caused by malicious code injections, however in your case someone needs to take some time to profile the application especially that you have a VPS and it's possible directly on your hosting account.

As nemo asked, it's the exactly set up, nothing changed, no theme added, no plugin installed?

• Like 1

Thank you for your prompt response, website has been changed, like I have installed new theme, few addons and modules are installed. you may visit it..

scottishkiltshop.com

I have tried every thing upto my knowledge but unable to resolve this issue, had many hours of conversation with tier 3 technical support of blue host, but they are unable to help.

Sitelock is installed and all files are cleaned, nothing bad is injected in database..

my cpanel is showing database size about 404 bytes...

when I reboot my server, it stay cool for some time and start consuming resourcing after few hours it goes upto max.

one more thing, I have installed comm 100 chat support software on website, and it shows random 40-50 or 100 + immediate users on it, believe some one is spoofing.. 

you said that you're on VPS, so  suppose that you've got possibility to configure own server.

increase limit for max user connections

in your mysql configuration file should be line similar to:

#max_connections        = 100

remove hash and define own max connections value. i think that 100 will be enough :-)

Here are sql quereis hanging up in process list

4 | scottiv1_user | localhost | scottish_shop | Query | 114 | Sending data | SELECT p.`id_product`, product_shop.`condition`, p.`id_manufacturer`, sa.`quantity`, p.`weight` , m. |

| 4 | scottiv1_user | localhost | scottish_shop | Query | 291 | Sending data | SELECT p.`id_product`, product_shop.`condition`, p.`id_manufacturer`, sa.`quantity`, p.`weight` , m. | | 28 | root | localhost | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | show processlist | | 51 | scottiv1_user | localhost | scottish_shop | Query | 108 | Sending data | SELECT p.`id_product`, product_shop.`condition`, p.`id_manufacturer`, sa.`quantity`, p.`weight` , m. |

• Thanks 1

if the server works properly after a reboot and gets progressively worse, then you have a memory leak or inproperly configured mysql database.  Sounds like you just need some plan of tuning of the VPS server.

This is something bluehost should be doing for you, as the hosting provider

• Like 1

Here are sql quereis hanging up in process list

4 | scottiv1_user | localhost | scottish_shop | Query | 114 | Sending data | SELECT p.`id_product`, product_shop.`condition`, p.`id_manufacturer`, sa.`quantity`, p.`weight` , m. |

| 4 | scottiv1_user | localhost | scottish_shop | Query | 291 | Sending data | SELECT p.`id_product`, product_shop.`condition`, p.`id_manufacturer`, sa.`quantity`, p.`weight` , m. | | 28 | root | localhost | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | show processlist | | 51 | scottiv1_user | localhost | scottish_shop | Query | 108 | Sending data | SELECT p.`id_product`, product_shop.`condition`, p.`id_manufacturer`, sa.`quantity`, p.`weight` , m. |

Hi Chugtai, can you confirm that this issue has been solved via your later thread here, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/294884-solved-prestashop-1561-googlebot-crawl-slow-blocklayered/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1488956

This thread was solved and it is similar to the problem you are describing now. Thank you for the clarification. 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...