Design and styling on CMS pages

Hello 

I am a rookie when it comes to building webpages.

I tried to design my CMS pages in Presta Shop 1.5.4.1 with an html table to make different zones on the page for different content. This didn't work too well in various browsers. It looked awful in on mobile devices and only looked good in Firefox.

See for instance: http://ocean-going.com/en/content/9-contact 

Is there an easy way to create zones for different content on the CMS pages?

Best

Rasmus 

Hello

I used a 3 column html table without borders. first column is for the photo and text second column is for "space", and the third column is for the graphics on the right side.

The trouble is it looks awful in safari and chrome (but alright in IE and Firefox). And the responsive design is completely lost when you try to view the pages on tablets and phones.

So I was wondering if there is a better and easier way to design (or is style?) the content on the cms webpages in prestashop? Like a module where you can make different zones?

Or will I have to design the cms pages with one very wide photo and then text below and skip the graphics on the right side?

Best,

Rasmus

Hi Rasmus,

By default tables are meant to run across (as in columns) and by default not suited to be viewed in smaller devices.

* But there are means to achieve responsiveness in tables either by arranging columns as 2-column vertical wise.

* Or using a scroll bar. http://css-tricks.com/responsive-data-tables/

You should be able to insert tables. The output will vary depending on how your theme handles tables within the CMS pages. So you should insert tables within CMS and then edit your CSS to make sure the tables don't look awful.

• Like 1

Hi ibndawood

rows run across, right? and columns go up and down? I made a tabel with three fields side by side... But you are saying perhaps my problem will go away if i only use two columns?

Also, thank you for the link and the advice on CSS. I am pretty hopeless at programming (I haven't really got a clue), so I better get someone a bit more knowledgeable than me to help, if that is the solution.

Do you know of any pther solution if you wanna style the cms pages? Is there a module that allows you to create different zones for different content?

It seems like Wordpress for instance offers more possibilities through the wysywig editor...

All best,

Rasmus

Hi Rasmus,

What I meant by running across is that when you add more columns you cannot simply wrap them instead it keeps going from left to right as we add more columns.

Wordpress and Prestashop uses the same WYSWIG editor which is TinyMCE (though the skins are different). If you need help, you can ping me via skype and I'll be glad to help.

What is your requirement about different zones ? I am sorry I didn't understand that part.

Hi again

I was thinking of having zone which is a little less wider than the width of the entire cms page as it is now and perhaps a zone for widgets like you have in Wordpress, where you can add various content to the right side...

I don't quite understand the wrap thing either. Do you think I should take off on column and that might solve the issue?

Perhaps I can try and reach you on Skype in 5 hours time - I don't know where in the world you are. Is ibndawood your skype name?

Best

Rasmus

You can compare widgets to modules. Sidebars to Left and Right Column hooks.

I can take a look at what you have and then suggest something.

My skype id is ibrahimibndawood and you can find it in my profile. I am from India and 5 hours from now is my midnight :D