PayPal Advanced Setup - setup that works

ajs6116

All:

Why is this so difficult? Is there a set of instruction on setting up PayPal advanced that works? I have tried the suggestions listed here with no success. The instruction in Prestashop says:

For PayPal Payments Advanced to work properly on your store, please adjust your PayPal settings by following these steps:

• Log-in to Paypal Manager
  • Select Hosted Checkout Pages, then select "Setup"
  • Under Security Options, set the "Enable Secure Token" to "Yes". This change is required in order for your checkout to work, and it is required to be set by you personally for security reasons. Please do not change any other values on this page or on the Customize page, as PrestaShop will pass these values on your behalf for ease of configuration.

I have done this but it does not work.  What are all of the steps necessary to have a working paypal advanced/prestashop intergration?

Thanks,

Art

What problems are you having?

The checkout is not working.  I have configured as listed above.  My understanding is the ONLY way to use PP advance with Prestashop is to use layout C. However, layout C requires an error and a return url. None of the prestahop documentation states where to find these URLs or how to configure them.

The instructions in Prestashop state: Please do not change any other values on this page or on the Customize page, as PrestaShop will pass these values on your behalf for ease of configuration.

That make sense in that the prestashop system will supply the needed parameters to ensure smooth integration.

When I run a live transaction I get the payment page with paypal payment options intergrated into the page. But when I process a payment it does not go thru or it returns my url in a frame in Prestashop. So it looks like my site is embedded with in mysite.

I dont get any error messages. I ran in Firefox and it just returns to my site with the embedded change. When I run on crome the payment processing banner just spins. The item to be purchased is not removed from the cart. There is no confirmation or error information displayed.

I have cycled my paypal manager options thru all 3 hosted page settings (layout A, Layout B and Layout C) with the same results.

Again, I am surprised at how difficult this is and the lack of clear documentation/instruction on how to configure the engines.

Bottom line is I have a shopping cart that does not have a working payment method and I am missing sales at a critical time of year.

So any help in getting the integration working is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Art

You need to enter a error and cancel url to choose layout c. After you save and publish you can go and remove them.  I had to manually enter the return url.  Here's what I did to get it working.

In PayPal Manager -> Service Settings -> Setup under the Payment Confirmation heading, for "Show Confirmation Page" choose "On my website"

Then for "Enter Return URL"  enter "http://yoursite.com/.../validation.php

For "Return URL Method" select "Post" from the drop down menu.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Save Changes"

That being said the orders are going through but the customer info is not getting passed to paypal, so I'm still working on it.

• Like 1

You need to enter a error and cancel url to choose layout c. After you save and publish you can go and remove them.  I had to manually enter the return url.  Here's what I did to get it working.

In PayPal Manager -> Service Settings -> Setup under the Payment Confirmation heading, for "Show Confirmation Page" choose "On my website"

Then for "Enter Return URL"  enter "http://yoursite.com/.../validation.php

For "Return URL Method" select "Post" from the drop down menu.

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Save Changes"

That being said the orders are going through but the customer info is not getting passed to paypal, so I'm still working on it.

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested and it seem to partially work. When the system returned I got a blank panel in the middle page. But no money was processed and the items were not removed from the cart to indicate that they were processed.

I get the same thing but my payment box turned gray

I gave up and configured Stripe. From start to end it took 20 mins to get payment set and tested for 2 websites. I am not crazy about per transaction fees for some of my smaller items but at lease I can get paid.

It still blows my mind that it is so difficult to get paypal working with Prestashop.

Moving on,

Art

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Me too .. getting tired of PayPal errors and lack of documentation!! Considering payment modules are the number one modules we need to collect sales $$ smoothly and effectively, it baffles me why these modules (PayPal in particular!) experience so many issues so often and with seemingly no sense of urgency or importance to get them working well in Prestashop.

Off to find another payment processor ... and possibly another e-commerce platform along with it :( 

• 1 year later...

This is ridiculous.  It's 2017 now and I am having the same problems.  WHY is this module so difficult to setup and why is there no clear documentation on how to do so?  I started with one problem using vouchers with PP Standard and Express - so i PAID MORE MONEY to Paypal to setup a Paypal Advanced Payments account - and now I STILL can't process payments on my site with Paypal.

This module appears to ONLY work well on Standard or Express when you have no vouchers in use or other complexities.  WHY has nobody addressed this?

I've followed detailed explanations on how to "fix" the issue but still can't get it working.  I can't even get to the point of seeing PP as a payment option at checkout!