Paying with Paypal does not carry through to customer's order history

bykrmom

I have run many searches here in the forums to find an answer to this to no avail, and I am desperate now.

I am setting up a Prestashop store for a programmer who has created a module for Prestashop. It is a download only shop, and extremely simple, using just a few active modules in the most recent version of Prestashop.

We have had many annoying issues with permissions, inability to upload files, and inability to get the files ready to download. We think we may have overcome most of these.

Now, however, we are testing the payment functions through Paypal. We activated the Paypal v 1.6 module (Not the Paypal API yet) and we immediately ran into trouble. We have set up paypal and the back office as instructed, but there is never a follow through with Paypal after payment.

The paypal page sets a link back to the shop after payment, but dumps us back into the shop just prior to ordering. Payment is made to paypal, but the order does not pass through in Prestashop and there is no order history recorded. The product is still in the cart, and without the order history there is no way to obtain the download link.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so how did you solve it???

I had problems with PayPal too when I first started using Prestashop. When I opened modules/paypal/validation.php in my browser, I got an Internal Server Error. I finally fixed this by changing the permissions on modules/paypal/validation.php to be 644, then I got the white page as expected.

I still had problems with PayPal orders not getting to the website though. I used the PayPal developer tools to send test IPNs to my website, and found they weren't getting through. I kept getting an error message. After calling up my host and explaining the situation, they changed a setting on the server and then the IPNs starting reaching my website successfully.

I'm not sure whether your problem is the same as mine, but I hope my story gives you ideas of things you can try.