Upgrade 1.5.6 to 1.5.6.1 -> Admin page keeps logging off

HI there,

I had upgrade PS version 1.5.6 to 1.5.6.1 via the one-click upgrade module and after the upgrade I be logged in for a long time. I get disconnected in a short period of time. maybe around 3-4 mins then when I click on another page it just send me back to the login page and I have to login again. How can I rectify this ?

This is soooo frustrating....

Regards

Shukrie

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem, mine is brand new installation.

I can get in for the first time, but everytime I try to access other function in the backoffice, it kicks me out to the admin windows and asking for username and password over and over.

HELPP

Mely

Me too! I cannot login to BO after updating the shop to 1.5.6.1. The BO admin login page just reloads. But if I use a wrong password, there is an error message that says that the employee does not exist. I have cleared the browser cache, changed browsers, and cleared the smarty cache. Anyone can help?

• 4 weeks later...

how many ppl have this problem and prestateam noting to do , it is ok you can to clean your cash browser , but can you tell to all your customer : hey if you can not login please clear your browser cash and cookies and call me i will clean smarty cache then you can login , it is 3 days im trying to fix this bug , still no chance and no proper answer , just searching in google to find a way and all first page different topic to resolved this problem 

Dear Mely, cookie28 and shahriar,

Have you guys tried using a different computer on a different internet connection? I fount out that the using a different computer and internet connection has different results, meaning I can login without getting logged off very quickly. Now I have just upgraded to 1.5.6.2 .... hopefully this upgrade will not mess up.

The issue is quite simple really.  Your browser has cached javascript and css, as well as stored many cookie values in order for your previous version to work properly.

Now you have upgraded to a new version of Prestashop, which supplies new javascript and css files.  And those old cookie values may or may not be valid any more. 

So a conflict exists, where you have old code in your browser, and new code on the server, and as a result, you get unexpected results.

Simply clear your browsers cache and remove your old cookies for this domain and then log in again, problem solved.

• 1 year later...

Cleaning the Cache doesn't seem to help.. 

Ive used all different browsers, clean my cache consistently and it logs me off repeatedly. Its not only annoying but frustrating when you are trying to migrate and build the site .. what is the real solution for this? as a fresh install - with NO prior instance of presta shop on my computer.. AND my laptop... AND my other laptop-- ALL are doing it