Hi! thanks for this great module!!!!! :)

It installed ok but I have the same problem as photographer, when I write content into the back office, it just doesn't save it, and it doesn't update on front end. I'm using prestashop version 1.5.3.1

Any clues or help will be really appreciated!!!!!!

Vicky~

Okay, well I am banging my head against the wall.  

I will go back and edit the core files, but before I do that I want to give this module a chance. 

The module is functional, but the is a bug, that happens whe you try to save the product information.  

Changes are not saved.  It does not display an error, but simply reloads without the changes. 

I have three extra tabs, on PS 1.5.6

This does not happen all the time. but has to do with wether there are active tabs at the momment.  I dont know the relationship they hold yet. 

sumarizing, 

description does not save (sometimes) and reloads without error with extra tab module activated

Hi! same happens here, but all the time, I couldn't save any changes! I'm using version 1.5.3.1 any luck???

It's work great! Thanks for contribution!

However, i cannot edit the tab content and alter the tab name too...

Example:  

Tab Display Name: Size

I change it to "Size measurement" and click save extra tabs.

However it still display "Size".

In Catalog >> Products >> ProductName >> Extra Product Tabs >> Content

also the same problem happened, I cannot edit the content, after clicking "save",

but I think it does not update the database.

Prestashop version: 1.5.6.1

website: http://eviewtrading.com/denmall/denmall/female-fashion/26-american-polca-dress.html

Edited by Lance Chan (see edit history)

Hi!!

I get the following error:

"Something went error"

I changed the line in adminpanel.js, but the error persists :(

Help!

Thanks!

Seems to work well, thank you!

the only problem I found, is that in module config, when adding tab names, it doesn't work with UTF-8 characters, puts ????? instead of letters. Same happens when editing tab content from product admin. Tried to save files as utf-8 (they are mostly were saved as western), but no success. 

Any ideas?

Edited by iggywebprom (see edit history)

Hi, I can tell in steps how this issue happens at my end:

1. Create one extra tab with the module.

2. Open a product, let's say with name "A", to edit it. When the product is opened for editing, the first screen we see is the tab with the basic info for the product.

3. Choose the extra tab for the product at the bottom of all tabs. Enter some information for the product's extra tab and put a check mark on "Active on this product".

4. "Save" the product.

The product is closed for editing now. The extra tab is visible at the front end for product's "A" page, and everything is working fine.

5. Open again product "A" for editing. The first screen we see is the one with the basic info for the product.

6. Choose the "Photos" tab, where we can add extra photos for the product. Upload a picture for the product. And press

7. "Save" button to save the product.

Then if we go to the front end at product's "A" page, the extra tab is gone. Going back to editing mode for product "A", we see that the information we added for product "A" in Extra Tabs module section is gone, and the check mark for "Active on this product" is gone as well.

If we just slightly change the steps and after step number 6, we add one more step - 6.1 and instead of pressing "Save" right after the photo upload, we go to the Extra Tabs module tab for product "A" and just open it, without even changing any data in it, and then we go to step 7 and press "Save" button, then everything works fine.

I have manufacturer tab on my prestashop V 1.4.9

http://biophoretics.com/blotting-instruments/174-tv100-ebk-mini-electroblotter.html

but unable to display it in

http://goelectrophoresis.com/newbiosite/blotting-instruments/174-tv100-ebk-mini-electroblotter.html

Thanks

Mike

This module is good.

I had no problems installing it and adding a tab then adding content on the tab.

Thanks very much.

PS 1.5.6.2

Firefox 27.0.1

Running locally and then on production server

I tested this module for prestashop 1.6, but there is a problem. In product detail after clicking on the extra tabs will appear text "loading" but the content with form is not loaded.

I tested this module for prestashop 1.6, but there is a problem. In product detail after clicking on the extra tabs will appear text "loading" but the content with form is not loaded.

Unfortunately I have developped the module for 1.5 and there might be some changes in the backend of 1.6

Hi mitsos1os,

great work on this module. However, as mentioned earlier, there is some new bug, connected to the new version of your module. Whatever text I save in an extra tab, in whatever browser, after Saving everything disappears. And not just on frontend, as it was before, but immediately in the backend.

Would you mind checking the code?

Many thanks

Okay, I rolled back to previous version and it is working now. As I am complete amateur, I might only suggest that it has something to do with DB. Sent text was not stored in database, therefore it disappeared.

Hi mitsos1os,

great work on this module. However, as mentioned earlier, there is some new bug, connected to the new version of your module. Whatever text I save in an extra tab, in whatever browser, after Saving everything disappears. And not just on frontend, as it was before, but immediately in the backend.

Would you mind checking the code?

Many thanks

This is a great module!!

But now, I'm using prestashop 1.6.5 and it seems is not working properly now...

This is what happen when I go to the Extra Product Tabs tab: http://prntscr.com/36ff4o and says "loading" forever ..

Any idea?

Thank you very much!!!

Hi thanks for your review...

Unfortunately I haven't got the time to make the module 1.6 compatible right now...

Problem on Presta 1.5.6.2 - don't save the tab value. It's create tabs and display them on product site, but don't display (and save) the content. (sorry for my english). Any idea ?

I'm on 1.5.6.2 and was also having a problem.  The following error was displayed on my screen and in the log file:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/xxxx/public_html/modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php on line 1

I edited ajax.php and everything was on one long line and the first comment caused all the code afterwards to look like a comment. I reformatted the file and, hey presto, it now works!

I have attached the reformatted file, just replace the original ajax.php file.  Also do the SSL fix mentioned previously if you use SSL.

Thanks to the OP for a great module.

ajax.php

The module is for Prestashop version 1.5...

Right now I do not have enough time to update it to 1.6

If I decide to update it, it will go through a complete redesign since I learned from my first experience!!!

If I find the time later I will do it...

Anyone is welcome to try since i give it free..

Thanks

• Like 1

thanks alot for try the help

so sorry web side is company web side. for that one l cant give you server access. dont rong understand me plz. l m sorry.

thanks alot again.

hi, try to use the original files and in the ajax.php file up the first line

<?php
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'../../../config/config.inc.php');
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'../../../init.php');

replace with:

<?php require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'../../../config/config.inc.php');
require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'../../../init.php');
Edited by juancho300000 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the module, it works perfectly.

But can each tab content has a default value, so I don't need set for most of products (just only a few products change the default)?

And how can I change the tab position to other location of product page? I am not a web developer so can you help? Thanks :D

For you, having the error of  "Something went wrong" Message too, when i click on Add new Tab ????

It may be related with this.

Follow the instruction from Magicalname, posted on 10 Jan 2014 - 1:26 PM,

or 

change => url: baseDir + 'modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php',

to  =>  url: 'modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php',

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason is "back office doesn't use friendly urls, so you can use relative paths" 

from US Moderators "vekia".

Prestashop 1.6 "tabs" sux, they are improper called tabs, they are now sections and comes one after another which, in my opinion, look worse than tabs from 1.5

Yes I know..... I have configured the module to have proper appearance for the default 1.6 template. But with a simple .tpl override you can adjust the content to appear in whatever way you want... The thing is the back end adminstration for each product extra tab...

Hi,

I can't add new language tab name when adding a new language after this module installed.

Prestashop 1.5.6

e.g.

When I install this module, I have english in store. After some days, french is added. But the tab display name for french is blank and can't be changed. When I change and save, it is still blank.

• 2 weeks later...

Best People,

I hope i can get a little help

See als my foto Attachment.

My problem is that i have to fill every time again and again the tab fields.

please is there a way that the tekst is keep stay in memmorie /automatic stay in venster?

So that i dont have to fill in every time (i have a lot of cheap product with low proffit ) If there exits is a solution then it save me/you / us a lot of time.

please

we hope to see/hear reaction en tips

greetings,

alex swaan

post-387679-0-81772600-1403166213_thumb.jpg

Edited by annegirly (see edit history)

Hola mitsos1os, sólamante quería decirte que he instalado tu módulo en un PrestaShop™ 1.5.3.1 y me ha funcionado a la primera y sin ningún problema, muchas gracias por la contribución, creo que estas pequeñas cosas que son necesidades esenciales debería de incluirlas PrestaShop™ y no tener que pagar por ellas, aunque sea poquita cantidad.

Muchísimas gracias por tu contribución, un abrazo!

• Like 1

Best People,

I hope i can get a little help

See als my foto Attachment.

My problem is that i have to fill every time again and again the tab fields.

please is there a way that the tekst is keep stay in memmorie /automatic stay in venster?

So that i dont have to fill in every time (i have a lot of cheap product with low proffit ) If there exits is a solution then it save me/you / us a lot of time.

please

we hope to see/hear reaction en tips

greetings,

alex swaan

Hello annegirly,

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to fill the same extra product tab info for all products.

In order to do that with my module in a fast way, you would have to use a mysql query loop which enters the same information for every product id in extraproducttab_product_lang table in your database. But even that would fill out every product that already exists in your database. For every new product you would have to reenter the information or re rerun the mysql query.

Unfortunately there is not an other easier way that predefines the tab's content.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, im trying a similar thing. ive been able to add an extra tab. now i just want the field on this tab(whose value im saving in the db) to be shown at the time of billing. any help how to proceed. which hook should i use??

Welcome.

I have a problem on PrestaShop 1.5.6.2. The module installed correctly. Correctly added extra tab. When in the product description adds extra text in the extra tab and I click save the text disappears and nothing saves in the database. When I tested the unit decided to add text using phpmyadmin to the table ps_extraproducttab_product_lang. The text on the client side display correctly. In the back office in the description of the extra tab nothing has come despite added by phpmyadmin test text. If you enroll in the back office product description data added manually by phpmyadmin table ps_extraproducttab_product_lang disappear. Please help me solve this problem. I guess it's about the same insert command. Unfortunately I can not cope with the repair.

Information about the server

Information about the server: Linux # 201405130835 SMP Tue May 13 12:36:42 UTC 2014 i686

Version of the server software: Apache / 2

PHP Version: 3.5.28

Memory limit: 64M

Maximum runtime: 30
Information about the database

MySQL version: 5.5.25-log

Engine MySQL InnoDB

Prefix tables: ps_
Information about the shop

PrestaShop Version: 1.5.6.2

URL store:

Currently used template: zandress
Setup Mail

Type your e-mail: Do you use the PHP mail ().

P.S. Przepraszam za mój kiepski angielski ;/

Regards
Daniel

I have a problem woth this module. I have prestashop 1.5.3. When i try to add a new tab and save,i get this error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop\rubinoarredamenti\classes\controller\AdminController.php on line 1223 and don't add the tab. How can i solve this?

Welcome.

I have a problem on PrestaShop 1.5.6.2. The module installed correctly. Correctly added extra tab. When in the product description adds extra text in the extra tab and I click save the text disappears and nothing saves in the database. When I tested the unit decided to add text using phpmyadmin to the table ps_extraproducttab_product_lang. The text on the client side display correctly. In the back office in the description of the extra tab nothing has come despite added by phpmyadmin test text. If you enroll in the back office product description data added manually by phpmyadmin table ps_extraproducttab_product_lang disappear. Please help me solve this problem. I guess it's about the same insert command. Unfortunately I can not cope with the repair.

Information about the server

Information about the server: Linux # 201405130835 SMP Tue May 13 12:36:42 UTC 2014 i686

Version of the server software: Apache / 2

PHP Version: 3.5.28

Memory limit: 64M

Maximum runtime: 30

Information about the database

MySQL version: 5.5.25-log

Engine MySQL InnoDB

Prefix tables: ps_

Information about the shop

PrestaShop Version: 1.5.6.2

URL store:

Currently used template: zandress

Setup Mail

Type your e-mail: Do you use the PHP mail ().

P.S. Przepraszam za mój kiepski angielski ;/

Regards

Daniel

Hi! I am not sure what happens, I will need backend access to check it. PM me your details if you want.

I have a problem woth this module. I have prestashop 1.5.3. When i try to add a new tab and save,i get this error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop\rubinoarredamenti\classes\controller\AdminController.php on line 1223 and don't add the tab. How can i solve this?

I do not interfer with the Admin Controller so probable it must be a function that I use that has changed in later versions of Prestashop. I have developped the module under 1.5.6

Hi! I am not sure what happens, I will need backend access to check it. PM me your details if you want.

I do not interfer with the Admin Controller so probable it must be a function that I use that has changed in later versions of Prestashop. I have developped the module under 1.5.6

I try to add a table in phpmyadmin,becouse the error is caused by a void tab. It seems work good.

Hello!

This module works perfectly in the back office but in the front office tabs are not displayed.

All I can see below the product is the tab name and below the contents.

In the original theme it works great. What modifications do i have to do in order to work with my theme?

I'm using a theme from template monster and my prestashop version is 1.5.6.1

Thanks

Hello!

This module works perfectly in the back office but in the front office tabs are not displayed.

All I can see below the product is the tab name and below the contents.

In the original theme it works great. What modifications do i have to do in order to work with my theme?

I'm using a theme from template monster and my prestashop version is 1.5.6.1

Thanks

In order for the module to work in your theme, you must change the content of producttab.tpl and producttabcontent.tpl to match the implemenation of your themes tabbing where more info appears.

I mean the divs, classes and stuff..

sorry for my English :unsure:

I use version 1.5.6.2 

Install, can not get correct. 

I think the problem is that all tables are not created 

Only make ps_extraproducttab

• 1 month later...

Seems to work well, thank you!

the only problem I found, is that in module config, when adding tab names, it doesn't work with UTF-8 characters, puts ????? instead of letters. Same happens when editing tab content from product admin. Tried to save files as utf-8 (they are mostly were saved as western), but no success. 

Any ideas?

I have same issue with Greek characters, does anyone have a solution?

yout database table that this module creates is based on utf-8 coding too?

also, columns in database are in utf-8 too ?

You were right, tables are not utf-8.

But the strangest part is, and i found it just now, that is in latin1_swedish_ci which i have no idea why is also present in some other modules tables!!

I only have Greek and English language in my site, how could this happen? Is it ok to leave it like this?

EDIT

Problem solved after following Vekia's instructions here

Edited by yanc (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to add php code to the extra product tabs. I would like to put a table in the tabs induced the code:

if(mysql_num_rows(mysql_query("SHOW TABLES LIKE '".$nazwa."'"))==1) echo $nazwa;
else echo "Table does not exist";
/* zapytanie do konkretnej tabeli */ 
$wynik = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `".$nazwa."`") 
or die('Błąd zapytania'); 

echo '<table style="border-color: #fff;" border="0" cellspacing="2"> <tbody>';
 echo "<tr>";
 for ($i = 0; $i < mysql_num_fields($wynik); ++$i) {

$field = mysql_field_name($wynik, $i);
    if ($field=='s'){
    echo  '<td width=25px; style="background-color: #c7cfef; border-color: #fff;" border="1">L/M</td>';
    } else {
	echo  '<td width=25px; style="background-color: #c7cfef; border-color: #fff;" border="1">'.$field.'</td>';
	}

}
 echo  "</tr>";

while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($wynik)) {
    echo '<tr>  ';
    foreach ($row as $key => $value) {

if ($value != null){

if ($value<=1){
             echo '<td width=25px; style="color: #fff; font-size: 10px; background-color: #2c3f88; border-color: #fff;" border="1"><p title="'.$key.'-'.$first.'" style="display:block;"><button style="background-color: #2c3f88; width: 100%; min-height: 14px; border: none !Important;"></button></p></td>';   
            } else {
                echo '<td width=25px; style="background-color: #cfd0d4; border-color: #fff;" border="1">'.$value."</td>";
                $first = $value;
            }

} else {
            echo '<td width=25px; style="background-color: #f0f0f0; border-color: #fff;" border="1">'.$value."</td>";
        }

} echo "</tr>";
}echo "</tbody></table>";

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I have bought module for Prestashop 1.6. But i use tabs like in 1.5.
What i need to do to add extra tab in the same line as other tabs?
What file i need to change?

Tnahk you

Hello. I have bought module for Prestashop 1.6. But i use tabs like in 1.5.

What i need to do to add extra tab in the same line as other tabs?

What file i need to change?

Tnahk you

Hi, this is the free module section... Please contact me through addons platform to solve issues with the paid module.

• 2 weeks later...

After install i have error:

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• - extraproducttab :

If i test add new tab, button not work... :-/

Prestashop 1.5.4

have you solved the problem ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good Morning,
I installed the module but I get the error "Something went wrong." I followed all the guides but nothing yet.
The site is installed on PS 1.5.6.2.
you can figure out how to fix the error?
The form I am very interested thanks
:(
Edited by rancla (see edit history)

Hi, the main cause for this error, is when you access your admin backend from a different url than the one specified at prestashop settings.

For example if you have www.yourshop.com set as your shop's url and you access your admin panel with yourshop.com/adminpanel (without the www) you get this error.

Please make sure that you use the specified url to access your admin panel.

Hello thanks for the swift response. I checked into the backend and the url is correct as written. I log onto the www in front of the address of the site.
I would not know how to solve. I need this form
I hope you have a solution

I am sorry... But I cannot understand like this... I do not want to be sneaky or anything, but this was a really premature version of the module that I created, If it suits your needs, then go for it, but if you want steady and without problems operation you can check the module I have for sale on prestashop addons, which appears on my signature, thanks

I downloaded the file (assuming that is the latest one) from the first post.

Got the popup error message "Something went Wrong".

I thought this problem was already fixed.

I'm running version 1.5.6.1

I'm running at https

This is what I did:

--> I disabled the SSL and logged in as http://www.xxxx.com/admin

--> not more "Something went Wrong"

But Now receive this error message :

syntax error, unexpected end of file in /public_html/modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php on line 1

PROBLEM SOLVED BY another member (see previous forum post):

I'm on 1.5.6.2 and was also having a problem.  The following error was displayed on my screen and in the log file:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/xxxx/public_html/modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php on line 1

I edited ajax.php and everything was on one long line and the first comment caused all the code afterwards to look like a comment. I reformatted the file and, hey presto, it now works!

I have attached the reformatted file, just replace the original ajax.php file.  Also do the SSL fix mentioned previously if you use SSL.

Thanks to the OP for a great module.

Edited by bodyfaceshop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, 

I am using PrestaShop™ 1.6.0.11. The Free module installs and I can create new tabs under modules, BUT under products it just says Loading and I can't select save at all. Any solutions? HELP!

Edited by RE20 (see edit history)

Hi there, as I say in the first page, this free module was designed for PS 1.5 If you wish, you can buy the paid version I developed for PS1.6 and also support it. You can find the link in my signature.

Thanks

Hey, 

I am using PrestaShop™ 1.6.0.11. The Free module installs and I can create new tabs under modules, BUT under products it just says Loading and I can't select save at all. Any solutions? HELP!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you.. This is nice module but I am facing one error in edit product page click the extra product tab not showing tabs just showing loading image

Please help me...

Thank you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as ganeshshige. After adding a new tab from the module's configure page it does not load when editing a product.

I'm using PrestaShop Version 1.6.0.14. When I open the console there's a javascript error that comes up after clicking the "Extra Product Tabs" option. Here's the error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'add' of undefined

For some reason the event isn't being passed into the tinySetup() function correctly.

Hopefully this information helps.

Edited by cbleisch (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

post-1073302-0-86708300-1439865511_thumb.pngHi, I already install your module, it works but I confused how to insert a module in to a tab. I want add module agile messenger in to Q&A tab, then add rating comment review  in to comment tab, then add seller info and map in to info & map tab. Anybody can help me?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

help tab1.PNGHi, I already install your module, it works but I confused how to insert a module in to a tab. I want add module agile messenger in to Q&A tab, then add rating comment review in to comment tab, then add seller info and map in to info & map tab. Anybody can help me?

Hi. I am not sure about adding a module into an extra tab of mine.it depends on how the other module works. However embedding maps and other info is okay. You need to adjust the module template files to match your theme's product.tpl

This free module was my first attempt to create a complete module. That is why I give it for free. After acquiring the necessary experience I created a complete and bug free module for both v1.5 and 1.6 PS version that I am giving to the prestashop addons market

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can i use your free download on 1.6.1.3

Hi I am afraid the free module is only compatible with PS 1.5 version. Feel free to take a look at my Extra Product Tabs Module in Prestashop Addons. You can find info in my signature

• 1 month later...