mitsos1os

Free Exrta Product Tabs Module

Hi Guys,,,, not much to say. I wanted an extra product tab module but didn't want to buy one for something so essential... So I did my first try of creating a module of my own.... The module is not tested thoroughly and please before any complains keep in mind that it's my first module...

A few words for the module:

It allows you to add as many extra tabs in the module configuration with multilingual displayed titles.

And per product activation or not for each tab with multilingual content...

Feel free to customize or make it better!

Open to reviews!

I just put it here for anyone who wants to download and try.

Hope I help someone...

Link Updated! (Fix for deleting the tab after product save)

The module is for Prestashop version 1.5  Right now I do not have the time to update it to 1.6... Maybe if I find the time later I will do it... Thanks

This version will remain as it is promised, free!

I developped an improved version for Prestashop 1.6 which you can find here:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/16830-extra-product-tabs.html

Free version for 1.5:

extraproducttab.zip

Added by mdekker - DO NOT REMOVE

Warning: this module has several issues:

- SQL injection is possible through /modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php. The ajax call does not require a security token and all the SQL queries in the file are not escaped (pSQL(), bqSQL() or cast). Also check the queries in the other files.

- This module is not compatible with PrestaShop 1.6

These warnings can be removed as soon as they have been resolved.

Edited by mdekker
Security issues (see edit history)
  • Like 14

Thanks. 

I unzip and upload, then try to install. 

I get the following error, when i try to install:

"Module not found". 

how do you  install it?  ..... Please Help. 

Edited by photographer (see edit history)

Thanks.

I unzip and upload, then try to install.

I get the following error, when i try to install:

"Module not found".

how do you install it? ..... Please Help.

Don't unzip. Just upload it as it is through add New module. Then simply install. I have done it many times without any error, please try again and tell me if you got the error again.

Don't unzip. Just upload it as it is through add New module. Then simply install. I have done it many times without any error, please try again and tell me if you got the error again.

Thanks for the relply.  Uploaded zipped file through add a new module. Then tried to install, I got the same error. I am using version 1.5.6. with defauklt theme. 

Edited by photographer (see edit history)

I am sorry. I cannot reproduce your problem. Even tried a fresh prestashop installation and it installs normally. Maybe some other user's opinion???

I tried to build it with standard methods so no custom configuration needed.

I already tried to install it in different ways.  I would love to listen other user´s experiences. 

I have edited core files to make free tabs.  Its not a module but I am able to have what I need.... For free!

I tried with presta 1.4 and 1.5 and had the same issue., says module not found.

The module won't work on 1.4 I have made it and tried on 1.5.6 and 1.5.6.1

I can't understand what is going on really. As I said I tried a fresh prestashop installation and. It installed without a problem. Maybe enable developer mode in defines.Inc.php so that it displays any errors during install?

Ok after searching in the forum I found that you need to edit $this->_name on the main php with low letters. I was testing on Windows where it does not make difference. I will correct it too when I get to my computer. Sorry for the trouble

Ok after searching in the forum I found that you need to edit $this->_name on the main php with low letters. I was testing on Windows where it does not make difference. I will correct it too when I get to my computer. Sorry for the trouble

No problem mate. I have been looking for a free module like this for two years. It will be great if i can get this to work :) . Thanks for your contrib.

Ok. I updated the attachment and links. Please try again now and tell me your impressions. The problem was that I was testing the install on a local Xampp Server on Windows and lower case letters made no difference. After correcting the $this->name = 'extraproducttab' with all lower case and deleting the cache config.xml it works on an online install too...

Hi

It installed properly now, but nothing happens when i click on create a tab.

Ok... Let me have a look. it seems that there are some disssimilarities between windows and linux development... 

I will take look as soon as I get home and upload the correct version.... Sorry for the trouble...

Was too eager to contribute... hahhah

It is a fantastic idea.  I followed a few tutorials on how to edit core files to add new tabs.  I would really like to see this module work.  Just because upon upgrade this could still work, and I am sure core edits will be gone with an upgrade.

Anyhow, I am on an inmotion server, dunno if they have got linux or windows.  Should it work on one or the other as of now?? Should I try it? Is it dangerous?  Lask question is cucoo.  I am getting also too excited about this contribution!

After many tries, I think it is ok!!! At least it is now fully tested on Online Linux Hosting where lowercase -capital letters matters!

I am really sorry for the trouble....

For those of you who tried to install it earlier, the module propably created some tables in your database:

ps_ExtraProductTab, ps_ExtraProductTab_lang, ps_ExtraProductTab_product,ps_ExtraProductTab_product_lang...

because of the difference in lower-upper case it couldn't find and delete them when uninstalling. Please delete them manually before reinstalling the fixed version..

One small bug is that as soon as you install the module it enters its configuration page, but no css and javascript is loaded. Just go back and re enter the configuration and you 're all set.... Only happens the first time exactly after install...

Hopy you enjoy and thanks to photographer and indus for ther trial and error attempts....

Okay, well I am banging my head against the wall.  

I will go back and edit the core files, but before I do that I want to give this module a chance. 

The module is functional, but the is a bug, that happens whe you try to save the product information.  

Changes are not saved.  It does not display an error, but simply reloads without the changes. 

I have three extra tabs, on PS 1.5.6

This does not happen all the time. but has to do with wether there are active tabs at the momment.  I dont know the relationship they hold yet. 

sumarizing, 

description does not save (sometimes) and reloads without error with extra tab module activated

• Like 1

Hi,

I am afraid I cannot reproduce your problem... In my installation works very good. I tried to change extra product tab content, information content of the description , etc and also tried it with save and stay, and save alone.. it works all the times..

I am really sorry if it doesn't work... 

Unfortunately I do not have the time to find out what is going wrong with you... Maybe if you told me exactly what happened and you could reproduce the issue every time with exact steps...

Create three new tabs.  Edited product information.  First selected part of the description.  cut and switch to extra tab. then paste in any space. 

Then save.  The tabs saves the changes, but not my description.  

If I delete the product description while the extra tab module is activated on some products doesnt make any changes. 

Cleaning cache and fiddling around did had an effect.  but it didnt solve the main issue.  

When I get a chance I will post a clear step by step procedure to replicate the bug. 

Thanks anyhow for your interest.  

When i try to click 'add extra tab' nothing happens.

I just installed this in version 1.5.5.0 with no problems besides the known issue with configuration immediately after installation (but that's a minor problem) and it appears to work just fine. Thanks for sharing this module.

Thanks for sharing.

I am glad this works for someone else too except for myself. Hahaha B-)

As for the guys it isn't working maybe if you PM'ed me your site front and admin url and credentials, I could get a look in the weekend, but I cannot promise that because I am really stressed out and with no free time right now..

Hola:

He instalado el mçodulo sin problemas, pero no me funciona en 1.5.5. El botón de añadir TAB no hace nada.

Gracias y saludos

thanks to the help for debugging of photographer.. new version is uploaded where bug of information not saved is fixed!

hey there mistos. 

I have worked many hours in the previous version of extratabs module.  

I would like to patch the old version instead of deleting all the files I had in my database already.  

Do you have any suggestions??

Just replace all the module files with the new ones in the prestashop module directory ex, /yoursite/modules/extraproducttab without uninstalling and you will be ok.

It would be better to copy the new folder over the old one with ftp because there is also a new file inside

(Translated with Google)

Thank you very much, great module. Works great in version 1.5.6.1.

It is very easy to configure.

:)

post-726082-0-88684500-1387749526_thumb.jpg

post-726082-0-47497500-1387749543_thumb.jpg

post-726082-0-61508800-1387749556_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am having one problem with product tabs which perhaps you can help with. When viewed on a mobile phone, the extra product tabs don't appear. I can guess why. This problem is also true for the Prestashop provided comments tab. I suspect, when displaying the mobile version, the Prestashop core is not aware of anything besides the default product tabs so they are not rendered in the mobile version. That's my guess. Can you think of any way to register the extra product tabs with Prestashop so it will know to render them in the mobile version? Or can you think of any other reason why the mobile version of Prestashop would not display extra product tabs? I've tested this with a clean installation of Prestashop 1.5.5.0, using the default theme and default products.

• Like 1

(Translated with Google)

Thank you very much, great module. Works great in version 1.5.6.1.

It is very easy to configure.

:)

Very Happy to see that!

I am having one problem with product tabs which perhaps you can help with. When viewed on a mobile phone, the extra product tabs don't appear. I can guess why. This problem is also true for the Prestashop provided comments tab. I suspect, when displaying the mobile version, the Prestashop core is not aware of anything besides the default product tabs so they are not rendered in the mobile version. That's my guess. Can you think of any way to register the extra product tabs with Prestashop so it will know to render them in the mobile version? Or can you think of any other reason why the mobile version of Prestashop would not display extra product tabs? I've tested this with a clean installation of Prestashop 1.5.5.0, using the default theme and default products.

hmmmm.... I suspect that there must be other hooks that need to be called when on mobile theme.... I will take a look at it when I find some time and maybe release a new version....

Thank you very much for this. I was surprised it wasn’t a default PS feature and that there are no free alternatives. This seemed like just what I needed. Its much appreciated. :)

However, I can’t make it work. :(  When it installs it takes me to the module page, where clicking the buttons doesn’t do anything. If I go out and in the modules’s configuration again, the “add extra tab” button gives me a “Something went wrong” message.

I’m using PrestaShop 1.5.6.1

What could be causing this?

Thanks again!

post-741775-0-39438700-1387857550_thumb.jpg

Edited by HellboySoto (see edit history)

Hi HellboySoto,.... Make sure you are using your set url in preferences in order to access the back office.

For example if you have set www.mysite.com as the main site url in preferences -seo url, make sure you are using www.mysite.com/adminurl and not mysite.com\adminurl

No, I'm using the correct URL to access the back office (without www).

Just for a test I tried with www with the same result.

Thanks.

Does not work for me yet. Nothing happens when i click on create tabs. No worries, at least it works for some people :)  I too get the something went wrong message now, so i guess somethings are new :D

Edited by indus (see edit history)

Thanks for the module, work fine with me.

version 1.5.6.1. - clean install

It is true that on some installations it does not work, but I did not understand why.

No, I'm using the correct URL to access the back office (without www).

Just for a test I tried with www with the same result.

Thanks.

Try it with this file. The original is missing a "}"

ajax.php

Edited by Ventura (see edit history)

Thank you Mitsos, great work ! Absolutely needed module, should have been included in PS by default from the beginning.

I am testing it and so far all is good, no problem in installation or functionality.

One question though, how can I made the extra tab available to all products from the beginning?

An sql query? Do you have an suggestion?

P.S. I mean that in the ps_extraproducttab_product_lang I have for now only a record with the product I have added a tab text to. I would like to have all the active products in this table. 

SOLVED: Please don't mind, I have solved it by some SQL queries. 

Edited by Rho_bur (see edit history)

Thank you Mitsos, great work ! Absolutely needed module, should have been included in PS by default from the beginning.

I am testing it and so far all is good, no problem in installation or functionality.

One question though, how can I made the extra tab available to all products from the beginning?

An sql query? Do you have an suggestion?

P.S. I mean that in the ps_extraproducttab_product_lang I have for now only a record with the product I have added a tab text to. I would like to have all the active products in this table. 

SOLVED: Please don't mind, I have solved it by some SQL queries. 

Hi rho_bur! I am glad it works!

The module automatically creates in the table ps_extraproducttab_product_lang only the records for the products that you actually add some content to the extra tab....

So if I understand correctly if you want the same content across all the products' extra tab, you should use a query that inserts all the product ids for the same tab id and lang id with the desired content...

If anything else please post here...

I am sorry if I take some time to reply but I am quite busy! Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hi rho_bur! I am glad it works!

The module automatically creates in the table ps_extraproducttab_product_lang only the records for the products that you actually add some content to the extra tab....

So if I understand correctly if you want the same content across all the products' extra tab, you should use a query that inserts all the product ids for the same tab id and lang id with the desired content...

If anything else please post here...

I am sorry if I take some time to reply but I am quite busy! Thanks again!

I did exactly that and I am happy to report all is OK. The modules works as a charm!

Thank you again for your time and work!

All the best!

Iam so damn jealous, i have been wanting this for years and it doesnt work on my  server. :D 

Iam so damn jealous, i have been wanting this for years and it doesnt work on my  server. :D

Hello Indus, if you want pm me your backend url and login details and I will take a look when I find the time....

Hello,

Thank you for the module. Everything installed properly and it seemed to work properly as well by the time I had to add some additional pictures to one of the products, after saving, the extra tab disappeared from the product's page, my observation is that it happens if I enter in edit mode of the product and I edit some other standard product tab without opening at all the "Extra Product Tabs" tab. I'm trying to figure out what is causing the problem, but not successfully.. whether there is some check if the product's extra tab information had been updated before trying to resave it in the database on product update action?  If you have any idea what could be the reason?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for the module. Everything installed properly and it seemed to work properly as well by the time I had to add some additional pictures to one of the products, after saving, the extra tab disappeared from the product's page, my observation is that it happens if I enter in edit mode of the product and I edit some other standard product tab without opening at all the "Extra Product Tabs" tab. I'm trying to figure out what is causing the problem, but not successfully.. whether there is some check if the product's extra tab information had been updated before trying to resave it in the database on product update action?  If you have any idea what could be the reason?

Thank you!

Hi thank you for your time.

I tried what you said and it did not happen to me...

It works as it should....

Hi, in my previous post by saying "the extra tab disappeared from the product's page", I meant from the front end of the site, it is staying in the back end of the site as it is supposed to be, just the content of the specific tab disappears.

Thanks for checking. I guess that there is some problem at my end.

Thank you again, it is a great module.

Hi, in my previous post by saying "the extra tab disappeared from the product's page", I meant from the front end of the site, it is staying in the back end of the site as it is supposed to be, just the content of the specific tab disappears.

Thanks for checking. I guess that there is some problem at my end.

Thank you again, it is a great module.

This happened to me too. The tab was still showing on one product but gone on the other. The one that it vanished on lost both extra tabs. So I had to just re-do the tabs.

I presumed I did something to conflict with it - such as a product name change/edit??? 

This happened to me too. The tab was still showing on one product but gone on the other. The one that it vanished on lost both extra tabs. So I had to just re-do the tabs.

I presumed I did something to conflict with it - such as a product name change/edit??? 

I am sorry to hear that.... Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue... I tried product name change and upload new picture while I had already saved some extra tab content... Upon changing the fields I mentioned and saving the product, extra product tab was still in the back end....and front end too..

Maybe if you told me the exact 1 by 1 steps to reproduce the issue and if I cannot get it to happen, maybe pm me your back end details to see it for myself and fix it when I find the time...

There are so many things to try to guess for different installations that it gets overwhelming.. hgahahaha

I got the "Something went wrong" Message too, when i click on Add new Tab ????

_____-

Update....

All is running perfectly now!!!

My Shop is running with ssl so i had to change the url Path in adminpanel.js

in Line 11 and in Line 59

url: baseDir + 'modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php',

change (to your needs) to

url: 'https://www.yourshop.tld/modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php',

Great Module   :D

Thank You mitsos1os

Edited by Magicalname (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi, I can tell in steps how this issue happens at my end:

1. Create one extra tab with the module.

2. Open a product, let's say with name "A", to edit it. When the product is opened for editing, the first screen we see is the tab with the basic info for the product.

3. Choose the extra tab for the product at the bottom of all tabs. Enter some information for the product's extra tab and put a check mark on "Active on this product".

4. "Save" the product.

The product is closed for editing now. The extra tab is visible at the front end for product's "A" page, and everything is working fine.

5. Open again product "A" for editing. The first screen we see is the one with the basic info for the product.

6. Choose the "Photos" tab, where we can add extra photos for the product. Upload a picture for the product. And press

7. "Save" button to save the product.

Then if we go to the front end at product's "A" page, the extra tab is gone. Going back to editing mode for product "A", we see that the information we added for product "A" in Extra Tabs module section is gone, and the check mark for "Active on this product" is gone as well.

If we just slightly change the steps and after step number 6, we add one more step - 6.1 and instead of pressing "Save" right after the photo upload, we go to the Extra Tabs module tab for product "A" and just open it, without even changing any data in it, and then we go to step 7 and press "Save" button, then everything works fine.

Edited by itdes (see edit history)

Hi, I can tell in steps how this issue happens at my end:

1. Create one extra tab with the module.

2. Open a product, let's say with name "A", to edit it. When the product is opened for editing, the first screen we see is the tab with the basic info for the product.

3. Choose the extra tab for the product at the bottom of all tabs. Enter some information for the product's extra tab and put a check mark on "Active on this product".

4. "Save" the product.

The product is closed for editing now. The extra tab is visible at the front end for product's "A" page, and everything is working fine.

5. Open again product "A" for editing. The first screen we see is the one with the basic info for the product.

6. Choose the "Photos" tab, where we can add extra photos for the product. Upload a picture for the product. And press

7. "Save" button to save the product.

Then if we go to the front end at product's "A" page, the extra tab is gone. Going back to editing mode for product "A", we see that the information we added for product "A" in Extra Tabs module section is gone, and the check mark for "Active on this product" is gone as well.

If we just slightly change the steps and after step number 6, we add one more step - 6.1 and instead of pressing "Save" right after the photo upload, we go to the Extra Tabs module tab for product "A" and just open it, without even changing any data in it, and then we go to step 7 and press "Save" button, then everything works fine.

I followed your steps exactly one by one...

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue....

My extra product tab appears after the second save both on the front and back end...

Maybe some other module conflict???

I don't know, I don't use any additional modules for product modifications.

If I figure it out somehow, I'm going to share here.

Thank you for the module and assistance.

Hello everyone 

first of all thanks for the module is very practical is great.
I have a problem when implementing it:
* When I insert tabs and information does everything well.
But when I want to update the product erasing some short description or large description, delete the informationfrom the tabs and I have to re-capture all again.

Anyone have this problem too?

regards

PD. Sorry for my english  :P

Hello everyone 

first of all thanks for the module is very practical is great.
I have a problem when implementing it:
* When I insert tabs and information does everything well.
But when I want to update the product erasing some short description or large description, delete the informationfrom the tabs and I have to re-capture all again.

Anyone have this problem too?

regards

PD. Sorry for my english  :P

Since there are other users with the same issue, there has to be a bug in the module...

But I cannot reproduce the issue... so in order to see and understand what is happening I need one of you to give me back end access...

Does this happen on a fresh install too??? Can someone with the problem try and tell us?

I just tried on a fresh install, latest version of PrestaShop 1.5.6.1, without any changes or modules activation... The same problem occured again, after adding the tab and then saving, everything was fine, but when I opened to edit the product's basic info, after saving, the extra tab information disappeared from the product's page at the front end.

Edited by itdes (see edit history)

I can now reproduce the bug.... I will try to fix it and post an updated version...

Please be patient

• Like 1

I have found the bug that you complained about...

Actually it is not a bug with my module but with prestashop's inner structure of handling any extra tabs out of its original installation..

The problem details are this...

Whenever you open a product edit page, prestashop loads its tab content from the sidebar like basic info, prices, seo etc....

After all tabs are loaded it reveals the save and save and stay buttons.

However during tab loading it does not take into account any extra content like my tab 'Extra product Tab'.

So the save buttons appear before my tab is loaded. So if you simply make a quick change before the loading is complete and you press save, my tab contents will be still empty and it will post an empty variable regarding my module, so that's why it will delete the already existing content. Because according to my implementation, it will think that you erased the old content and simply submitted blank!

If you just give it some time to complete the loading process around 10 seconds, you will also notice a very quick reload in the browser status icon. That's when my tab finishes loading. You can try it for yourself. Just open product edit page and wait 10 seconds (you can see the time needed when you notice the small refresh in the status icon of the browser webpage in the address bar) before you save. Then everything will be ok.... That's why if you visit the tab directly before save you have no problem, because then you can actually see the loading process (the spinning arrows) until it is loaded.

Anyway, in order to circumvent this situation, since I do not know where to edit prestashop's code in order to take into account all the tabs loading before enabling save, I made an addition to my code, that hides the save buttons when you open the edit page and enables them only after my tab is loaded. So when they appear it will mean that everything is ok and you can press save!!!

I already updated the module zip for a new installation, or if you want you can simply replace this file with the one attached here in /modules/extraproducttab

extraproducttab.php

and in the /modules/extraproducttab/js this file

extraproducttab.js.txt

(Just remove the .txt ending extention because the system wouldn't let me upload .js file)

Thanks

Edited by mitsos1os (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thank you very much for providing a solution for this issue. Everything is working fine now at my end.

• Like 1

hi nice modül

but it dosent work with prestashop 1.5.4.1

can you help me plz. 

hi nice modül

but it dosent work with prestashop 1.5.4.1

can you help me plz. 

If you are using ssl when then you must use Magicalname's correction http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/292948-free-exrta-product-tabs-module/page-3?do=findComment&comment=1519836

Or if you are using different domain than the one you state in your shops configuration that's the problem...

For example if you have  www.mysite.com as your url and you use mysite.com/adminurl then it is a problem. You must use the same.

If it is something else, I am afraid I do not know...

Maybe send me a private message with your site and login details and I can take a look...

• Like 1

I got the "Something went wrong" Message too, when i click on Add new Tab ????

_____-

Update....

All is running perfectly now!!!

My Shop is running with ssl so i had to change the url Path in adminpanel.js

in Line 11 and in Line 59

url: baseDir + 'modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php',

change (to your needs) to

url: 'https://www.yourshop.tld/modules/extraproducttab/ajax.php',

Great Module   :D

Thank You mitsos1os

hi

l try it but it dosent change anything..

Do you have cleared browser and smartycache after change the 2 lines?? Understand me right you have to change 4 Lines in adminpanel.js

2 Lines at the beginning of the document and 2 lines down below

When Yes i think the module is not working with 1.5.4.1 Version, all my Prestashops are running 1.5.6.1.

Iam not a Pro in this Stuff i only can tell you what worked for me.

Test to run the Prestashop Developer Modus and see if you get a Error Message.

Run Firebug and look what he said. Send me a Server Access via PM and i will see what i can do for you.

Sorry for the bad English  :unsure:

Greets Magicalname

• Like 1

Do you have cleared browser and smartycache after change the 2 lines?? Understand me right you have to change 4 Lines in adminpanel.js

2 Lines at the beginning of the document and 2 lines down below

When Yes i think the module is not working with 1.5.4.1 Version, all my Prestashops are running 1.5.6.1.

Iam not a Pro in this Stuff i only can tell you what worked for me.

Test to run the Prestashop Developer Modus and see if you get a Error Message.

Run Firebug and look what he said. Send me a Server Access via PM and i will see what i can do for you.

Sorry for the bad English  :unsure:

Greets Magicalname

thanks alot for try the help

so sorry web side is company web side. for that one l cant give you server access. dont rong understand me plz. l m sorry.

thanks alot again.

Installed perfectly, works like a charm! Very happy with it! Thnx for the effort you've put in, highly appreciated.

Hi mitsos1os

...thaks a lot for your work...this is really a needed module.....

I use until now PS 1.4.7.3 with some manual core override, tpl and db mod to display extra tabs on my shop products...easy work

i'm now in the way to upgrade to PS 1.5.6.1 and my mod are not working, so i installed your module

everithing is working nicely, install, db table, module configuration, product edit menu etc....

but i realize one problem:

I try to explain....

in the Product edit extratabs, if i digit some text  on the editor and hit save, everithing is saved and displayed as it should be....

But if i copy-paste some text inside the editor, both in the html or view mode...when i hit save, my tab content instead of be saved in the db, get cancelled from  the editor and nothing is displayed

i checked the module and PS files to try to understand the problem, but no luck

Any idea what can be? can you pls help to find a solution?

hope  i've explained my problem clearly.....my english is quite basic

thks a lot for your effort

ariom

I have tried it too, and by me its all okay...I can paste into the Textarea dircetly and also in the html section. All works how it should be.

• Like 1

Hi mitsos1os and magicalname....

thanks for your time and your efforts....

i will inspect on my side what can be the problem.....maybe some mod i've done ^_^

I want to thanks again for your nice work

Okay, I did find one a bug of some sort in the BO. After installing this module, the 'help' button in the top bar (next to 'save' etc) is gone and some other features in the BO stop working like showing values which are assigned to attributes (you hit the little + sign, nothing happens). It's only a visual thing in the BO since the front-end doesn't really seem to mind, but still somewhat of a pain when you're dealing with lots of attributes and values. Also the live edit starts throwing errors like 'module list not loaded'.

Still, good work!

Okay, I did find one a bug of some sort in the BO. After installing this module, the 'help' button in the top bar (next to 'save' etc) is gone and some other features in the BO stop working like showing values which are assigned to attributes (you hit the little + sign, nothing happens). It's only a visual thing in the BO since the front-end doesn't really seem to mind, but still somewhat of a pain when you're dealing with lots of attributes and values. Also the live edit starts throwing errors like 'module list not loaded'.

Still, good work!

Hi, I tried what you said and it works correctly. Both the help button and the + sign in the attribute values works correctly. Are you sure it is my module that conflicts with them?

Well, there's a difference between 'being sure' and and making an educated guess. This one is an educated guess.  ;)

At first I wasn't sure what caused it so I did a new install on a different server and started to add stuff untill the problem occured and it occurs after installing this module. De-installed the module, problem solved. Help button actually is gone after installing the module. The plus button next to the attributes is there but doesn't seem to function.

So, I was toying around and tried to back-up my data and at that point I got a message about the extratab tables giving trouble, meaning after de-install of the module, the tables remained. Phpmyadmin didn't let me drop the tables due to some restriction. Something to do with database type I guess. It was late, so I just dropped the dbase and posted the previous message.  :lol:

Still, just a minor glitch and your work and effort are highly appreciated! If you need some specific info or whatever, just ask.

Hi thanks for this module but small issue here

apostrophe " 's " can not saved in editor for extra product tab.

can anyone help me to fix it ?

Thanks

Hi mitsos1os

...thaks a lot for your work...this is really a needed module.....

I use until now PS 1.4.7.3 with some manual core override, tpl and db mod to display extra tabs on my shop products...easy work

i'm now in the way to upgrade to PS 1.5.6.1 and my mod are not working, so i installed your module

everithing is working nicely, install, db table, module configuration, product edit menu etc....

but i realize one problem:

I try to explain....

in the Product edit extratabs, if i digit some text  on the editor and hit save, everithing is saved and displayed as it should be....

But if i copy-paste some text inside the editor, both in the html or view mode...when i hit save, my tab content instead of be saved in the db, get cancelled from  the editor and nothing is displayed

i checked the module and PS files to try to understand the problem, but no luck

Any idea what can be? can you pls help to find a solution?

hope  i've explained my problem clearly.....my english is quite basic

thks a lot for your effort

ariom

Actually yes, I am getting the same problem too. Any help would be great. 

Actually yes, I am getting the same problem too. Any help would be great. 

Yes I got the solution here :

GO to line no. 231 in file : modules/extraproducttab/extraproducttab.php

change $tabContent to mysql_escape_string($tabContent)

and same change for line no 239

• Like 2

Works perfect Sentinel! You're the man!

Just an FYI for others my 2 lines were 230 and 237. Regardless it was easy to find!

• Like 1

Hi guys. I was away for a few days...

Yes this is very correct sentinel. I have forgotten to escape the content of the tabs. Thank you for your contribution. I will correct it and upload new version.

Ok LInks Updated!!! I have used the mysqli_real_escape_string because the other sentinel mentioned is deprecated from php 5.5

Try it and tell me if anything is wrong...

Also if you only want  to use the updated file here it is:

extraproducttab.php

Thank you for your help

This is also fixed my problem!

Perfect module!

thanks for a wonderful module. best wishes to its author. 

wanted to ask a small question. no support for the Russian language in the sense that when I do add and write in Russian, then there are exclamation marks instead of words. means no support for Cyrillic yet huh?

Hi, i try installed and testing now, it WORK !

by the way, the tab is after the comment tab, how to position the tab ?

in module configure tab position, how to do this setting ?

Thanks for your GREAT WORK !

Hi

my theme is responsive, when view in mobile phone,

the extra tab won't display...How to solve it ??