New Jewellery Site

Sp4c3d

Hi all,

My [spam-filter] and I have finally managed to get our site how we want it to look and feel. Some of the content needs completing and photos adding, but we would really welcome any constructive criticisms or suggestions at this stage.

The site can be found here http://www.carmenjones.co.uk

We are trying to achieve a simple and elegant design to showcase my wifes designs. 

Neither of us are developers so please be gentle.

Thanks in advance for looking..

Kind Regards,

Gary

post-718684-0-44630900-1385922153_thumb.png

Edited by Sp4c3d (see edit history)

well, the transformer theme is one of the top themes on the market, dunno if there is something to criticize here.

Yet, i personally, find that light brown color you use a little bit desolating, it gives the sensation of sickness/sad autumn days/boredom... In my opinion this theme looks awesome  with dark/powerful/shiny colors, but this is just me!

well, the transformer theme is one of the top themes on the market, dunno if there is something to criticize here.

Yet, i personally, find that light brown color you use a little bit desolating, it gives the sensation of sickness/sad autumn days/boredom... In my opinion this theme looks awesome with dark/powerful/shiny colors, but this is just me!

We are both still a little unsure if the colour scheme is a little subdued, but we tried to keep it with the rest of the company colours.

As you mentioned already, transformer is a lovely theme to work with.

Can you think of any functionality that is missing?

Thanks for taking the time.

Regards,

Gary.

the only things i have noticed with functionality are:

- top right you have "login" and "sign up" which are practically the same, so you need just one

- you want to ship to more than one country but you have no language selection block

i have little suggestion about design:

- text color for the warning message (in the product detailed page) should be a little different from the rest

- i would have added background color for footer (the same color you use in the rest)

- also in the footer add underline effect for the links when hover