Images Problem - Regenerate Thumbnails does not work

Hi

I am making a brand new store on 1.5.6. I've first added the products and then i've exported the pictures URL's from the old store and used store manager upload to use the URL'S for picture updating

The DB is about 12k products but only 6k pictures

Some of the pictures are fine, but others just don't appear.

I've tried to regenerate thumbnails and when i do it for products, i just get a totally blank webpage... nothing happens for hours.

Is there any way to regenerate the Thumbnails, maybe telling it to do it slower or something?

Edit: I went to the cpanel to check and when i do this the CPU loads to 100% then it just stops.

I believe this is the problem, so if i could "ask it" to do this slower, it would solve the problem

Edited by nspinheiro (see edit history)

Did you try To turn of debug mode, To see if you get any error?

go to config > defines.inc.php And change the line:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

Change false to true and save.

Then start regenerating and see if you get any error.

pascal

Hi

First of all thanks for your help.

I Got this

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16320 bytes) in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 365

It seams that's a memory problem of the server right? i need to ask the provider to increase resources?

This will take time, Can't i give an order to do it slower?

1.Try , regenerate checking only on options like: only for Small thumbails, after try regenratr for medium etc

2. You can ask form more memory but i think they will not allow you .

3. Copy images form server use infranview and Batch resize image:P

1.Try , regenerate checking only on options like: only for Small thumbails, after try regenratr for medium etc

2. You can ask form more memory but i think they will not allow you .

3. Copy images form server use infranview and Batch resize image:P

1.: I've tried that

2. Probably they will give a help because of the good relationship of the companies, but it will take time

3. Can you please explain better? i am not getting what you mean

k, thanks anyway

I think i will delete all images and try to import them in batches of 500, instead of 6000 at a time and directly on PS backoffice .csv import

but i have some doubts:

1) I will upload the csv with the delete images marked has "1", so it deletes the current image, but will it really delete the image from the FTP? or only unlink it in the store?

2) Doing it by batches will it regenerate the thumbnails only in each batch?

so I've tried to delete all images and the regenerate and then i got this errors:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Premature end of JPEG file in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 365

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: '/home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/img/p/3/9/6/8/3968.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 365

Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 190

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 25452 bytes) in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/classes/ImageManager.php on line 365