Customer Messages send to email address

Hi

Every time a customer enters the contact form on the front end I would like it to send me an email so I can reply instead of logging into the backend.

Is there any way to do this, if not just get an email that someone has left a message and the message contents and sender?

I am using Outlook as my email client?

Thanks

John

Hi El,

Thanks for this I have added a new contact for "Customer Service" and set the correct email address, but when I go to send a message on the front end it shows in the back end but still not emailing it to my email?

Any ideas?

Cheers

J

• 1 month later...

many times (for those of you having email issues) I do not recommend using an email that is NOT associated to your domain name.  Many email programs will mark them as spam, if they even send them, sometimes they do not send them.

probably safest way to use non-domain mail is to use gmail but with gmail mail servers set up in your dns, search outside of prestshop on how to accomplish this

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Was this ever resolved? I am trying to do the same thing. My customer service team wants to have all FO customer messages sent to the customer service email, but the messages only show up in the BO Customer Service area - which takes a very long time to load. This is why they want it to go to our email.

I read this thread and ensured that I have everything configured optimally (or so I believe). Anyhow, whenever a customer sends a message from the FO interface, it only comes to the Customer Service area in the BO. I have created the customer service account in the BO under Customers --> Contacts. We are using the PHPMail() and it works perfectly.

Anyone with an insight would be appreciated. If I find out how to make this work, I will post the solution here. Thanks to all.

• 3 months later...