Suggested eBay Categories

Daetsnirg

Hey everyone,

I have recently installed the eBay module (1.6) on my prestashop build (1.5.6) and I could connect to eBay fine. However whenever I go to the Categories tab and click on Suggest eBay Categories it doesn't seem to populate the eBay Categories list at all. It just goes back to the Account Settings tab and says "The settings have been updated successfully". However when I go back to the categories tab there is only "No Category Selected" available under eBay Category.

I have tried reinstalling it a couple of times and checked through the permissions on the folder but can't see anything wrong. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I could fix this?

I have done some reading around and some more digging and it seems the category table is never being populated. It seems to get the security token and says it is connected. I tried setting EBAY_CATEGORY_LOADED to 0 to force a reload however that doesn't seem to have solved it either.

UPDATE:
Turned on the debug in EbayRequst it shows that it is successfully updating with both auth, getuserprofile and getcategories showing success. So now I need to work out why the information being got back isn't being put in the database.

UPDATE 2:

This is now solved, turned out that simplexml_load_string was running out of memory on the loading categories. I added an RLimitMEM to my .htcaccess and it now works fine.

Edited by Daetsnirg (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what did you write exactly in the htacces? my problem is : all the time loading screen, when entering the category tab.

Screenshot : http://gyazo.com/4a29fdd5423ef6c41348863663ce24ef

need help on this please :)

Although in my case if the search is finished, do not charge the suggested categories of Ebay. Someone can help me?. 

In your case Carlos, make sure that your domain is properly configured with "www" or without. I've fixed already?

Greetings!

Unfortunately issues at category loading can have multiple sources.

Two easy element to try / verify :

1 - Change rights to 755 to folder and all files of /modules/ebay/ajax

2 - Check you access the BO with exactly same domain name as FO, example : if your default domain name setting is www.mywebsite.com and you use mybesite.com/admin (without the www), category loading will not work.

If you still face the issue, please open a bug on http://forge.prestashop.com/
We will then request access to your site via email.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cut my loses on this freebie and bought PrestaBay from Involic.  Works beautifully and great support from the author.  It's pretty bad that the eBay module included with Prestashop doesn't work properly, but free is free!