Online Customer Manual

ejectcore

Question

After seeing one of our customers this morning & going through training in the Prestashop back office.

One of their requests to us was to supply them with some sort of idiots proof user manual %-P
Now without spending hours if not days to create this, could the dev team create this manual possibly as a PDF manual or even possibly have a new section within the WIKI "Tutorials" where users can contribute or a simple guide to customers how to use their back-office ;-)

7 answers to this question

:cheese: PLEASE? That would be so wonderful for us 'users' that are not the actual programmers! At least an explaination of what the various parts are and what they do, how to do it, etc. would be so wonderful. Right now, I'm figuring it out by trial and error. For example, inthe back office > catalog > features.... what is "features" - I suspect it means to add something to the product, like color choice or size choice, but am not sure. I would llike to know how this works.
Thanks so much for developing Prestashop, but directions on how to use it would be icing for the wonderful cake! :kiss:

Have either of you seen this page in the Wiki ?

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Back_Office_Configuration/

It's just a start, of course, but it should give one the sense of the basics. (For example, it explains what "Features" are. ;-) )

There's also the Wiki F.A.Q. and of course you can try entering a search term in Search field in the Wiki sidebar.

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/FAQ_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions/

The Wiki will be opened soon to public editing. I will soon be posting a note about it and about how to become a contributor. :-)

yep, something like a dummies guide would be useful. perhaps video tutorials for adding a product, checking orders, the basics of running the 'business' part of the shop with a newbie in mind that we can give to people for teaching and reference. If I get enthused enough i may even do some screener tutorials.

Inside your online shopping cart admin area - prestashop.docx