[SOLVED] out of stock notification doesn't show anymore!

Rhobur

I am not sure if this is the reason but yesterday after upgrading the 1-click module I have noticed that the out of stock notification doesn't show anymore on the product pages. I have tried all the solutions I could find on forum, re installing the mailalert module (ver 2.5), replacing the classes/Mail.php with the latest, etc.

Disabling the display: none on the

<p id="availability_statut" style="display: none;"> <span id="availability_label"></span> <span class="warning-inline" id="availability_value"> NULL </span></p> 

shows "Availability Null" instead of the box to enter the email.

Shop is in catalog mode, the mailalerts module is set to notify the client when available, the Preferences/product is configured to allow ordering out of stock products.

Mailalerts module is hooked on the Product out of stock hook, also on the Header of pages hook. 

All product's stock is zero because we only show the models.

In short everything is like it was a day before the 1-click upgrade but still doesn't work.

I blame the 1-click because I have found the mailalert_customer_oos table empty after the 1.2.5 1-click update upgrade.

Page example:http://www.caprice-shop.ro/verighete-gerstner-clasic/9173-verighete-gerstner-ger20140.html 

I would very much appreciate if someone could help, this feature is important to us because we use it to offer the customers price quotes on behalf of them entering their e-mail.

PS 1.5.6.0

EDIT: checking the page source of the link above I see that there is no text <input> for the customer email.

This tag should be appended by the mailalert's product.tpl but for some reason it is not.

I see that the mailalert.zip module doean't have a product.tpl such as I have in the module's install folder. Is this page created at install time? 

SOLVED: Bizarre, it solved almost by itself; I have uninstalled mailalerts again, re installed and activate it. Didn't work but seeing some files missing compared to the old version I have overwritten the newly installed module with the old saved one. Now it works but the version is of course 2.2 not 2.5. It seems that is a problem with the new versions so I'll keep the 2.2 for now. 

Comparing the 2.5 with 2.2 versions it seems that the 2.5 doesn't append the necessary js to the theme's product.tpl see 2.2 pic attached; in 2.5 the code inside oosHook is missing.

mailalert.bmp

Edited by Rho_bur (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Is a option to be notified when the item/combination is back in stock supposed to appear when they select an option that is out of stock? Because I uninstalled the module that cam with 1.6.2 and install the one above but still nothing is showing. The only place I can see something regarding alerts is in the customer account on the front end but it just says "No mail alerts yet". Am I missing something?

You can see my page here (http://bit.ly/21GdQ7A). 3rd color in and size 3XS is currently out of stock.

That would just show me who is signed up right?

My issue is that I don't see anywhere on my product page when a product is out of stock, a place for the customer to fill in their email address to be notified when it's back in stock. You can see my page here (http://bit.ly/21GdQ7A). 3rd color in and size 3XS is currently out of stock.

I installed the module you show in the above link but this didn't help either.

the module provides a text box for the customer to fill in his email and be notified by the mailalert module.

I don't see that on your product page.

Read the install pointers, you need to modify some files in order to achieve this functionality.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but If I select the "Default" when out of stock on the product page (which is set to deny orders), I get the notification link while viewing as a customer. Problem is that I also want the customer to be able to put that item IN the cart as a backorder if they want to go ahead and order it anyway... So that gives the customer the option of either placing the order (I have most products set to "Allow orders" in the backoffice) or opting to just receive an email when the item is back in stock.

I don't know if this is a configuration issue that I just don't seem to be figuring out, or if it is indeed the desired behavior of the module? (an either/or scenario)

Help??

Running Prestashop 1.6.1.4 with Panda 1.2.6 theme

• 1 year later...

Hi

Same problem here. I have some products that even out of stock can be bought. I would like to have the email alert when back in stock available in this case. What can I do to make this change?

Thanks in advance

the module provides a text box for the customer to fill in his email and be notified by the mailalert module.

I don't see that on your product page.

Read the install pointers, you need to modify some files in order to achieve this functionality.

• 6 years later...

I finally got a chance to look at this issue again - briefly. I don't have a code answer to post for this - yet... but I do believe this behavior is inherited by the module as the OOS flag in the database table ps_stock_available is 0, 1, or 2.

0 = deny

1 = allow

2 = default

I suspect that the "fix" will be found in either the module's /view/product.tpl file OR the /theme/product.tpl file where it likely "tests" for one of the above values to determine if the "notification box" should be displayed.

One last point of clarification: IF you are logged in as a customer, the module will NOT display a block for you to enter your email - it uses the email in the customer table, so it will only give you a link to click as the method to request a notification.