Sign in to follow this  
jmass78

[SOLVED] WWW and SSL

Hello,

I was wondering if Prestashop had a way of configuring the shop links so that if a visitor typed in our url using www it would remove the www on links while they are browsing. Our SSL is setup without the www and it would be a smoother experience if the visitor didnt get an invalid certificate error if the choose to create an account.

I know this is possible on other shopping carts weve used.

Thanks for your help!

I know right. I've been wondering the same thing. I really don't want to have to waste more money buying another SSL Certificate if I can help it.

Although there should be someone who knows something about scripting and coding who can give us a line or two to put into our init.php file where the ssl commands are kept.

Please help us guys.

I had a look at this and this redirects to a www.
In my cpanel I have already redirected the URL to my prestashop without the www, yet when I turn prestashops SSL option on, as soon as it tries to go to an encrypted page, it shoves the www right back on the front.

Now I have found the script for this in the init.php file but seeing as though I cannot code I need someone to help.

Found it!!

If friendly URL's doesnt solve it for you then you need to edit the .htaccess in your home directory to contain the following lines:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.example.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://example.com/$1 [R=301,L]

just replace example with your domain and works like a charm! ;)