How Do I add a Quantity Textbox?

arkanimus

you've got quantity fields above related to products, if you increase quantity of products, then total will be updated too.

The idea is that the products are stored in boxes, then the field Number refers to the number of boxes example:

1 Milk, 3 bread 2 eggs = 6

Package 1 = 6

Field "Number of Boxes" = 10

Total = 10 * 6

a picture says 1000 words:

Thanks!!

op6z.png
Edited by arkanimus (see edit history)

Without core modification it will not be possible to acheive it easily. I can't help in this case because it's not as easy as it seems.

But I can give you tip.

what to do?

CartController modification, add there function which will multiply products and number that you provide in <input> field in shopping-cart.tpl file.

Without core modification it will not be possible to acheive it easily. I can't help in this case because it's not as easy as it seems.

But I can give you tip.

what to do?

CartController modification, add there function which will multiply products and number that you provide in <input> field in shopping-cart.tpl file.

in the controller i have the variable $cantidad , but the view did no take the value:

the file is : shopping-cart.tpl

<span id="total_price">{displayPrice price=($total_price-$cantidad)}</span>

Notice: Undefined index: cantidad in /var/www/mayorista10/cache/smarty/compile/2f5c149962cab8fc9bc0c9e32fc32772758fbf56.file.shopping-cart.tpl.php on line 356 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/mayorista10/cache/smarty/compile/2f5c149962cab8fc9bc0c9e32fc32772758fbf56.file.shopping-cart.tpl.php on line 356 $ 854

how can i solve it??