Alpha Package of v1.6 is Now Available!

Hello PrestaShop Community! 

We are proud to release the Alpha version of 1.6, availbale to download on our Dev Versions page here http://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions

Remember that this is NOT STABLE, and is not intended to be. However, this is great to test of a Developer environment to see what you can expect. 

We have a great new dashboard, a resigned Front office and much more.

Keep tabs on the Progress Page to see descriptions of the new features and to see where we are in our release process. http://www.prestashop.com/en/progress-1-6 . Currently we say that we are 60% completed with the v1.6

Remember that your feedback is invaluable! Please comment on this thread with any issues that you see, and contribute on Github to be directly part of the development! https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/tree/bootstrap

• Like 1

Please, think about open "Issues" on GitHub, it really helpfull if you want to work with community developers... In 1.6 version after design new back-office many things are gone such like:

- buttons to move up and down blocktopmenu items

- we can't preview CMS pages, we can't click "View" on it

- the same thing with cms categories

Where we should write about this Issues? Why project manager doesnt want to have this in GitHub? Look for Bootstrap Repisotry, how helpfull Issues are...

On the one hand, emphasized the cooperation with the community, and on the other not using such great functionality.

Edited by Krystian Podemski (see edit history)

Both! 

I mean, we really need feedback from you guys because things can still be changed in terms of functionality. In a few weeks new features and functionality additions will be closed off and we will only be working on optimization and bug fixes. 

Please, think about open "Issues" on GitHub, it really helpfull if you want to work with community developers... In 1.6 version after design new back-office many things are gone such like:

Where we should write about this Issues? Why project manager doesnt want to have this in GitHub? Look for Bootstrap Repisotry, how helpfull Issues are...

On the one hand, emphasized the cooperation with the community, and on the other not using such great functionality.

Can you show me some pull requests that you are asking about? 

Here are some things I have noted so far.

Back Office:

Gamification - Images are still loading insecurely (same as 1.5) Home page back office.

Menu - When you change the menu from left to top under employee edit menu disappears and is not               displayed on top.

Theme Configuration - Images will not delete, when deleting images you get a black page after                                                 clicking remove and returning to page reveals image still present.

(can only remove directly from database)

Front Office:

Home text editor -Can not position at top of page either above or below the slider. 

(can only be moved up to just above the theme config images)

Header of page - Logo overlaps search and the search and cart are just to large.

Link Block - When adding the link block, block appears in the left column on home page not just on                          product pages as other modules do.

Cart Block - If you position cart in left column you can not remove from header of page as you get the                      text from the pop up displayed on the page.

Cart block also displays on home page instead of just product pages as with other                                modules.

These two block are not positionable in the DisplayLeftColumnProduct which is my guess where they need to go to only display on product pages and not on home page.

(personally I do not like the cart in the header section, I use full width banner)

This is as far as I have tested so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one unlucky to run this version :(

I just now downloaded the zip and tried extracting it. Gave an error of WinRaR "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged ".

However, when I am double clicking on the zip file, I can see the content folder as "prestashop" and other inner folders and files when clicking that folder .

Is anyone else experiencing this issue??? :(

• Like 1

I totally agree with you. I don't know why you have "Issues" closed on GitHub. Come one! GitHub is for SOCIAL DEVELOPING. Prestashop repo is the first one that I know which doesn't allow to open issues to the community, that really sucks.
  • Like 1

What I want on prestashop 1.6

+ I want members of my site to be able to send messages to themselves and view their profiles.

+ I want members to be able to upload products

+ I would also appreciate a chat medium too

+ I would also appreciate a chat medium too - donno about the first 2 reqs of urs but for 3rd point, I haven't tried it but maybe we can do it in a custom way. I will try to add webim chat, install it and call it from within a div tag. Will test it out in my localhost and will let u know.