troubleshooting creating a custom page in ps 1.5.6

frankit

Hi there, I'm trying to create a custom page extending the FrontController class and still can't find where the issue is. here's my files:

controllers/front/CustomerCareController.php:

<?php
class CustomerCareControllerCore extends FrontController
{
	public $php_self = 'customercare';
	public function initContent()
	{
	  parent::initContent();

$this->setTemplate(_PS_THEME_DIR_.'customercare.tpl');
	}
}

themes/[myTheme]/customercare.tpl:

{capture name=path}{l s='CustomerCare'}{/capture}
{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}

<div> hello! </div>

/customercare.php:

<?php
require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');
Tools::displayFileAsDeprecated();
Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=customercarecontroller'.($_REQUEST ? '&'.http_build_query($_REQUEST, '', '&') : ''), __PS_BASE_URI__, null, 'HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');

Caching is disabled, template cache is in forced compile, and class_index.php deleted and regenerated. When I try to reach the url "index.php?controller=customercarecontroller" or "customercare.php" the most of the page loads fine (i mean header, footer and stuff) but i get: "This webpage is not avalable, We're sorry, but the Web address you've entered is no longer available." so obviosly no div containg "hello!" :). I'm getting quite crazy, what am I doing wrong?! Tank you in advance.

No sure if it works, but looking at the samples in / folder and controller/front/xxx, maybe try this:

Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=customer-care'.($_REQUEST ?

The first letter seems to be capitalised automatically, the '-' between customer-care seems to be deleted and then the next letter seems to be capitalised. the 'controller' will be appended automatically.

Just a try, though, never played with it! :-)

pascal.

No sure if it works, but looking at the samples in / folder and controller/front/xxx, maybe try this:

Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=customer-care'.($_REQUEST ?

The first letter seems to be capitalised automatically, the '-' between customer-care seems to be deleted and then the next letter seems to be capitalised. the 'controller' will be appended automatically.

Just a try, though, never played with it! :-)

pascal.

Thank you so much, it worked!  B)

In the meantime I managed to make the new page as a module page, following this howto (http://nemops.com/creating-new-pages-in-prestashop/) in wich it's explained that this method is "much more consistent" then add a page simply as a new controller. But I really can't figure out why. May I ask wich are the advantages of create custom pages within an empty module?