Shipping Fees By Weight & Postal/Zip Code Range

Hi All..

I have a 'how to' question which I think it is technically not possible with the software.

How can I add Shipping Fees based upon not only 'weight ranges', but ALSO 'Postal/Zip Code Ranges' as well?

for example.  A 50 pound box shipped from my location in Ontario within province is only going to be $30, but the same 50 pound box shipped to the most western or eastern postal code in Canada will be double that... and obviously any postal codes between that range will be in that range of shipping costs.

I'm not a big fan of flat rate shipping costs or spending a boat load of money to get shipping for free.  I would rather make it more fair to my customers if they paid their shipping fees based on exactly the weight and their specific location.

How can I accomplish this in PrestaShop?

thanks

tom

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All..

I have a 'how to' question which I think it is technically not possible with the software.

How can I add Shipping Fees based upon not only 'weight ranges', but ALSO 'Postal/Zip Code Ranges' as well?

for example.  A 50 pound box shipped from my location in Ontario within province is only going to be $30, but the same 50 pound box shipped to the most western or eastern postal code in Canada will be double that... and obviously any postal codes between that range will be in that range of shipping costs.

I'm not a big fan of flat rate shipping costs or spending a boat load of money to get shipping for free.  I would rather make it more fair to my customers if they paid their shipping fees based on exactly the weight and their specific location.

How can I accomplish this in PrestaShop?

thanks

tom

I am having the same problem.  I would like to know how to do this as well.  

• Like 1

I bought into a add-on module made by Presto-Changeo..  It's called "Localized Shipping V1.2.5"... still playing around with it, but I think it is what I need to accomplish this, otherwise I wasted almost $100 with tax and exchange rate on it..

• Like 1

you can create zones based on weight range and state.. yes...

BUT... The zones are ONLY State based and not state AND zip AND weight based..  That is why I had to use the app..

using zones is based upon your decision if you want to have flat rate shipping charges to each specific province/state.  By doing this, you have to decide if you will chose the furthest point on that state and see what the shipping charges are to pass it along to your customer.  Customers that live closer to you in the same state will eat more of a cost to accommodate those who live the farthest.

Also, there are some states/provinces where people live have an extra shipping levy because they live in a very remote area.  

• 7 months later...

I bought into a add-on module made by Presto-Changeo..  It's called "Localized Shipping V1.2.5"... still playing around with it, but I think it is what I need to accomplish this, otherwise I wasted almost $100 with tax and exchange rate on it..

I also brought Presto-Changeo module but it is so complicated to configure. Are you still using same?