Advanced Location Detection - PrestaShop Module

Advanced Location Detection Module for PrestaShop

Detect the country and language of your visitors and configure redirects, default customer language, currency and carrier, besides other actions.

Benefits for Merchants

• Increase the confidence of your customers by showing the store in their language and their local currency.
  • Global scope with support of IPv4 and IPv6.
  • Relocates the visitor to their local store thanks to redirects.
  • Create optional redirections for the visitor thanks to the pop-up window.
  • Safe redirections thanks to the option to exclude the bots / spiders, the SEO of your store is not affected.
  • It shows important messages only for certain countries.
  • It allows to establish a default carrier by country.
  • The language and currency settings are completely customizable for each country.
  • 100% free IP geolocation service.
  • Automatic updates of the default IP database.

Our Guarantees

• All our developments are validated by PrestaShop.
  • We are PrestaShop Superhero Top Developer.
  • Support warranty in the module's bugs.
  • We can customize the module or make the necessary modifications. Contact us to request an estimate.

Features

Create redirections based in the country or countries, with options of:

• Selecting one country or group of countries for one redirection.
  • Specifying the quantity of redirections.
  • Using the full path of the URL which the visitor accessed our store, and redirect to the same URL, but with a new domain name.
  • Displaying a popup and give the visitor the option to be redirected or stay in the store (multi-language).
  • Using some available tags in the content of the popup, like the country name, country flag and the URL which will be redirected.

Create custom infobars based in the country or countries, with options of:

• Selecting one country or group of countries for one infobar.
  • Adding the content in the editor (multi-language) with some available tags, like the country name and the country flag.
  • Configuring some CSS options, such as width, height, background, border size, border color, color of the closing button and the position.
  • Static position in the screen (or not).
  • Creating your custom CSS (for advanced users).

Create your custom country or countries, with options of:

• Setting the appropriate currency for the country.
  • Setting three options of languages for the country.
  • Setting the appropriate carrier for the country.

More Features

• Option to add IPs to exclude detection and maintain a good SEO.
  • Option to add user agents (like google, bing, yahoo, etc.) to exclude detection and maintain a good SEO.
  • Compatible with CloudFlare.
  • Detect the country of your visitors based on their IP.
  • Detect the language of your visitors based on their country of origin or browser language.
  • Detect the currency of your visitors based on their country of origin.
  • Option to change automatically the language and / or the currency once is detected.
  • Set a default carrier for each country.
  • Option to indicate the lifetime of the cookie.
  • Option to enter the API token that allows the automatic updates of the default IP database.
  • Option to select the database with which the geolocation will operate.
  • The module already includes information (except associated carriers) for all 244 PrestaShop native countries.
  • The configuration can be tested before in debug mode with a custom IP (only some features are available in this mode).
  • All options are perfectly designed for multi-store, except the countries list.
  • Translations included in english, french and spanish.

More info about the Advanced Location Detection Module for PrestaShop

• Like 1

Hello
I search this kind of module but I have some questions. I sell in US / CANADA and France so I have $$$ for US / CANADA and €€€ in FRANCE. When a french go to my eshop the language is french and the currency is €€€ but if this one want to translate the eshop in english language I want that the currency stay in €€€ not in $$$ (by his IP).

The same for an canadian. He will see the eshop in english and $$$ but if he want to see it in french I want that the currency stay in $$$ (with his IP).

You confirm me that we can do that with your module ?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi jnceweb,

This module don't affect the functionally of prestashop, if you choose change currency and language, this will be changed the first visit, if after this the customer want to change the currency or language, he can do without problem.

For now the module detect the language based in the browser and the currency based in the IP, for the currency you can choose wich currency will be displayed, for example we know that for USA The currency is dollar, but if want you can change this for Euro, and Euro will be displayed as default, but the customer can change when he want.

Regards.

Thank for your answer.
My visitor can't change the currency. I impose him his currency. I don't want him to change the currency.
So as I told you I want US / CANADA in $$$ even if the visitor move to french language.

It's possible with your module ?

No, with this module you can impose but can't block the the option of change, for that you need hide the currency drop down in your shop.

Regards.

I already hide thons option (change currency) so the visitor will be not able to move the currency of he change language :) I'm right ? So i can do that with your module ?

I already hide thons option (change currency) so the visitor will be not able to move the currency of he change language :) I'm right ? So i can do that with your module ?

Then.. sure you can do.

Regards.

i have 3 mirrors of shop - for germany czech poland (3 different domains but every shop is exactly the same: theme/products etc) - always everything was fine with them, when i've installed your module only on czech website problems with indexing started

amount of indexed pages went from about 40 to 18

some strange urls started to apear in google like: 21-Array.html‎, 18-Array.html‎

i dont have anything like that in my shop

in google webmaster center i see about 50 errors with code 500 - google cant handle my website

none of this problems happens in my other shops, i've disabled module and im sure that google will be indexing again my shop

author of module is saying that its not fault of module, yeah right

Hi zaglebie,
I have mentioned before by email, the operation of the module is easy and don't have major complication, your problem with 21-Array.html or 18-Array.html‎ i think is from your .htaccess, this module don't generate pages, change the names or something like that,
Take a look if you have some override files in override/classes/controller
Try to disable friendly URL and enable again to regenerate the .htaccess file
Try to move the module up in BO > Modules > Position > Pages header > Move up

Regards.

after 2 days website is healthy again, pages are indexed, no 500 error in webmaster center

like i said my htaccess and everything else is correct, module messed up everything, clearly something is wrong, im not sure if some google robots are redirected and google cant reach website and this is the problem or what (i was using ip exclusion list provided by module)

one thing that i know is that i had to disable module

i was redirecting shop with .cz domain with CZK currency to .de domain with EUR as currency
but this doesnt matter when i use Detect Country and Redirect to URL ? becuase i can then redirect to whatever site i want ?

i was redirecting shop with .cz domain with CZK currency to .de domain with EUR as currency

but this doesnt matter when i use Detect Country and Redirect to URL ? becuase i can then redirect to whatever site i want ?

Please send me back office and ftp access by PM to take a look.

preview.jpg

Location Detection for PrestaShop

The Module Location Detection for PrestaShop lets you detect country, currency and language of your visitors and perform some actions, such as redirect to a URL, shows a bar with important info or simply change the currency or language to locale settings where visitors come from.

Version: 1.0

Prestashop Compatibility: 1.4.x to 1.5.x

FEATURES

• Detect country of your visitors based on the IP (GeoIP)
  • Detect language of your visitors based on their browser language
  • Automatically change the currency or language to locale settings where visitors come from
  • Detect country and shows a bar with important information (InfoBar)
    • Can create a personalized message for each country quickly
    • The message can be multilanguage and created in TinyMCE where you can add pictures
    • Can publish an important message, eg. "We already have shipments to France" and will only be shown to visitors from France
    • Can select or delete all countries you need for each InfoBar
    • The visitor can close the InfoBar when decided, this preference will be saved and will not be shown anymore
    • Can configure each InfoBar as you need
    • Can choose detect language or currency on each InfoBar
    • Can enable / disable each InfoBar quickly when you need
    • Perfectly designed for multi-store (PrestaShop 1.5)
  • Detect country and redirect to a URL
    • Can create a personalized Redirect for each country quickly
    • Can select or delete all countries you need for each Redirect
    • Perfectly designed for multi-store (PrestaShop 1.5)
  • List with IP addresses excluded for a good SEO
  • Can add, edit or delete whatever IP address as you need
  • Can save visitors preferences by the time you need
  • Included a Country list, can add, edit or delete whatever country as you need quickly
  • All options are perfectly designed for multi-store (PrestaShop 1.5), except Country list
  • Includes all translations in english and spanish
  • Perfectly compatible with PrestaShop 1.4 to 1.5
  • Cross browser
  • Easy to configure

DEMO

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEO DEMO

MORE INFORMATION & DOWNLOAD

UPDATES

v1.0 -- 13 November 2013

• ADD -- Initial version

Is it possible that the module also works with "States" and not just "Countries?

PD: I can not write in English, I have translated my questions with google translator.

Is it possible that the module also works with "States" and not just "Countries?

PD: I can not write in English, I have translated my questions with google translator.

For now is not possible, im sorry.

Regards.

For now is not possible, im sorry.

Regards.

I am also interested in what you say Feliz Garcia,

Is it possible That you can Develop?

i've updated list on robots ip - turned on module and same sitution happened, google robot gets error 500 - indexed pages are going down

i cant even check cache of index page - "The requested URL /search[hidden] was not found on this server."

when i turned off module then after one day cache of website was avaiable again

I am also interested in what you say Feliz Garcia,

Is it possible That you can Develop?

Si es posible, pero se necesita tener arcceso a un paquete de geolocalizacion premium, regularmente este paquete tiene un pago inicial de alrededor de $400 dolares, con la geolocalizacion gratuita es imposible.

i've updated list on robots ip - turned on module and same sitution happened, google robot gets error 500 - indexed pages are going down

i cant even check cache of index page - "The requested URL /search[hidden] was not found on this server."

when i turned off module then after one day cache of website was avaiable again

Wait to send me access, i have not received anything,

what version of PS you are using and have you enabled the geolocation in your BO > Preferences > Geolocation ?

yes it was enabled (geolocation) should it be turned off ? i will try again

I have detected troubles in some versions of prestashop with geolocation enabled, is already fixed and ready to be included in the next release in few days.

Hello Cotoko!

I was just looking for more information about how presta (my version 1.5.6.1) works with localization issues and came across this topic.

Do I really need a module to have currencies and languages set automatically based either on browser language (regional settings of PC) or IP address?

I see there is a possibility to set up localized currencies in the localization>countries and I guess languages can be set also. However, when tested it with some other PC (to avoid impact of cookies) the FrontOffice of my shop still shows $ instead of the one which I have chosen under localization>countries. Whereas, language is offered correctly. Do I miss something?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi!

Any luck on this one?

Hi TomPuja,

Sorry my late, seeing the code it looks like that PS can change automatically the currency, just need to set each currency for each country, but if I honest with you, I never have used the default location for this, in the past I only have used to block access from some countries.

Regards.

Hi

I have a question.

Is there any additionnal cost for this module ? (except purchase cost)

Because in general when you need to call a geoIp service for commercial use, it's paying for as x call or x updates of the database file...

Thanks

Hi

I have a question.

Is there any additionnal cost for this module ? (except purchase cost)

Because in general when you need to call a geoIp service for commercial use, it's paying for as x call or x updates of the database file...

Thanks

Hi promod,

There is not additional cost for this module, and this include the free GeoIP data base from maxmind, that contain most of IP of the world, of course exists the premium data base from maxmind, that is most accurate and include more info about the IP, but that is optional and is not necessary at least that you need more accuracy.

Regards

Yeah ! Good to know, I will transfer the info to my patron ;)

All right thank you.

Your welcome, anything you need, just let me know.

Regards

Hello, I am interested in your module,

I don't want to allow users to change the currency and language (I already have these blocks disabled) so I'm guessing if I ignore these features your module won't allow users to change them?

What I am mainly interested in is the URL redirect, I have a CMS page that I want to change depending on if the visitor to the website is from Australia or another country, basically if they are from Australia I want to send them to one page but if they are from any other country I want to send them to another. Would your module allow me to do this?

Hello, I am interested in your module,

I don't want to allow users to change the currency and language (I already have these blocks disabled) so I'm guessing if I ignore these features your module won't allow users to change them?

What I am mainly interested in is the URL redirect, I have a CMS page that I want to change depending on if the visitor to the website is from Australia or another country, basically if they are from Australia I want to send them to one page but if they are from any other country I want to send them to another. Would your module allow me to do this?

hi flamedtofu,

All is configurable, specially if you only want the redirect option, is not necessary to change the language or currency as you can see on the video or in the photo 6 of this screenshot: http://www.prestacheap.com/items/screenshots/10/Location-Detection-for-PrestaShop

Regards

Thanks Cotoko,

Just before I purchase it I'd like to confirm that I can redirect just one CMS page to another based on country, in your screen shots posted it only shows how to redirect the entire site.  IE I want to redirect www.domain.com.au/content/15-page1AU to www.domain.com.au/content/16-page1rest of world of the person is in any other country other than Australia.

Also is your module compatible with 1.6?

Thanks Cotoko,

Just before I purchase it I'd like to confirm that I can redirect just one CMS page to another based on country, in your screen shots posted it only shows how to redirect the entire site. IE I want to redirect www.domain.com.au/content/15-page1AU to www.domain.com.au/content/16-page1rest of world of the person is in any other country other than Australia.

Also is your module compatible with 1.6?

Hi flamedtofu,

Unfortunately for now redirect the entire site, basically the redirect is designed to go out of the site (also can redirect inside), but is a good idea add a option to add a specific page to redirect.

About the compatibility with ps 1.6, to be honest I haven't tested yet but I think that should works, otherwise will be updated.

Regards.

Hi, does this module also work for country-specific catalog rules? If I have a 30% discount catalog rule for all customers in a specific country, do they show automatically based on IP or does the visitor have to sign up and register an address in order to see the discounts (default PS behaviour).

Hi fire2,

No, that's not possible, basically the price rules are designed for when the customer is logged in the shop, otherwise the price rules do not apply.

regards

Ok, I was just asking because I saw other modules that do change this behavior with an override. Thanks for your answer.

That's right, this can only be done modifying some core files or overriding.

Regards

Hi!

I bought this module a few days ago.

How is it possible to detect language only based on IP and NOT browser language. I need to be able to have option to choose only based on IP and disregard browser language. In my country a lot of people are using English browsers but still want to see website in local language. It is possible whit URL redirect but that's not what I am after.

Thanks,

Matej

Hi!

I bought this module a few days ago.

How is it possible to detect language only based on IP and NOT browser language. I need to be able to have option to choose only based on IP and disregard browser language. In my country a lot of people are using English browsers but still want to see website in local language. It is possible whit URL redirect but that's not what I am after.

Thanks,

Matej

Hi matoola,

For now this is not possible on this module, but I'm updating it and this feature will be included, maybe can be ready at the end of this month.

Regards

Hi,

I am sorry but this is a useless module then. I want my money back, I can't wait until the end of the month for this.

Regards

Hi,

I am sorry but this is a useless module then. I want my money back, I can't wait until the end of the month for this.

Regards

I'm sorry but I can't authorize a refund, the module works perfectly and exists a detailed description and screenshots of the features that you can read before buy, also online demos. I hope you understand.

Regards

How is it possible to detect language only based on IP and NOT browser language. I need to be able to have option to choose only based on IP and disregard browser language. In my country a lot of people are using English browsers but still want to see website in local language. It is possible whit URL redirect but that's not what I am after.

For now this is not possible on this module, but I'm updating it and this feature will be included, maybe can be ready at the end of this month.

Hi cotoko, will you be doing this update this month?

I am sorry but on your online demos it's working and finds countries based on IP but it's only the message that shows. It never occurred to me that there will be no options in BE to choose the language in Prestashop either based on browser language or the country you get from distinguishing IP.

Looking forward to your update. Let me know how that goes.

Regards

Hi cotoko, will you be doing this update this month?

I am sorry but on your online demos it's working and finds countries based on IP but it's only the message that shows. It never occurred to me that there will be no options in BE to choose the language in Prestashop either based on browser language or the country you get from distinguishing IP.

Looking forward to your update. Let me know how that goes.

Regards

We are working on that, hope to have it finished in next week, thanks for your interest.

regards

Hi Cotoko!

Did you manage to do the update? 

Regards

Hi matoola,

We are working on several projects, including an update for this module, sorry for the delay.

Regards

Hi,

Do you expect this to be any time soon? You mentioned the beginning of October and it's been more than a month since. 

Best

Hi,

Do you expect this to be any time soon? You mentioned the beginning of October and it's been more than a month since. 

Best

Hi matoola,

I can't promise you an estimated time, because I didn't fulfilled the time expected before, but I can tell you it will be soon, I'm sorry for the delay.

Cheers

Hi Cotoko!

Please let me know if you managed to do the above mentioned update or is it possible to expect it anytime soon?

Thanks

Hi Cotoko!

Please let me know if you managed to do the above mentioned update or is it possible to expect it anytime soon?

Thanks

Hi matoola, of course this module will be updated (in fact is in process), my apology because I can't manage a specific date, I have a lot of work by the end of the year and that's why is the delay.

Regards

Hi Cotoko!

Thanks

Hi matoola,

I have good news for you, I have an edited version that can work perfect as you need, I mean change the language based on the country, please contact my by pm or by email and I will send you the solution.

thanks

Hi!

Two months ago you said you will work soon on an update.

Did you already start with it?

Thanks

Hi!

Two months ago you said you will work soon on an update.

Did you already start with it?

Thanks

Yeah, I'm sorry for that, I've had a loooot of work, definitely I can't give you a estimated date, but the module is working perfectly and we are fixing any error asap everytime one of this is reported by a customer.

If you are having problems you can contact me by email or pm and I could help you.

regards

Yes module is working, but there is still the issue that it redirects only the whole domain....

I would like to redirect "www.abc.de/apple" to "www.abc.at/apple" and not to "www.abc.at"

Yes module is working, but there is still the issue that it redirects only the whole domain....

I would like to redirect "www.abc.de/apple" to "www.abc.at/apple" and not to "www.abc.at"

Modules was updated and now include this feature, you need uninstall the old and delete, then upload the new, intall and configure.

thanks

UPDATED TO v1.0.26 -- May 13 2015

• FIX -- Error on redirect for PS 1.4
  • FIX -- Error when the geolocation of PrestaShop is enabled
  • FIX -- Error in days of Cookie lifetime
  • FIX -- Error changing the currency when this has been deleted
  • MOD -- Algorithm to detect all the versions of the browser (from major to minor important), detection is smarter
  • MOD -- GeoIP database updated
  • ADD -- Compatibility with CloudFlare
  • ADD -- Option to redirect to the full path of the URL

Hi Cotoko,

our shop has three languages (Spanish, English and French) with Spanish being the default language. We installed the module but a client from Portugal tells us that she can´t access to the web.

What can happen? Should we make changes in other areas of Prestashop? (Countries, Preferences> Location ...)

Our website: http://www.theafricantouch.com (now with the module disabled)

Thanxs for your help.

Hi Cotoko,

our shop has three languages (Spanish, English and French) with Spanish being the default language. We installed the module but a client from Portugal tells us that she can´t access to the web.

What can happen? Should we make changes in other areas of Prestashop? (Countries, Preferences> Location ...)

Our website: http://www.theafricantouch.com (now with the module disabled)

Thanxs for your help.

Hi Okeon,

And, unfortunately we can't help you without see the problem, please contact us by email or PM for support.

Regards

Overall - module is fine but ONLY for redirects outside US - it redirects googlebot also so your SEO will be ruined

Overall - module is fine but ONLY for redirects outside US - it redirects googlebot also so your SEO will be ruined

Hello zaglebie,

You need add the IP of the bot/robot/crawler that you want exclude, I answered your PM also with this same reply.

thanks

UPDATED TO 2.0.0 -- October 01 2015

• FIX -- Error adding domains with 4 digits in gTLD, ex: .INFO
  • MOD -- IP detection (GeoIP) now is through ip2location
  • MOD -- Detect currency, you can now select it in the global settings
  • MOD -- Expiration of cookie has been changed to "hours"
  • MOD -- Improved speed, increased use of cookies instead of database
  • ADD -- Option to add user agents in the exclude list
  • ADD -- Option to select CloudFlare compatibility (for stores running with CloudFlare)
  • ADD -- Option to detect language based on the country
  • ADD -- Option to set a default carrier for each country
  • ADD -- Option to disable/enable all redirections
  • ADD -- Option to disable/enable all infobars
  • ADD -- Option to select the IP database you want
  • ADD -- Redirection - Option to set how many redirections you want
  • ADD -- Redirection - Option to use a popup instead of the immediate redirection
  • ADD -- Infobar - Option to use a fixed position
  • ADD -- Infobar - Option to use custom CSS
  • ADD -- Country - Option to set 3 languages
  • ADD -- Country - Option to set the default carrier

Hello just went to your live demo and it correctly detected i was in the UK (great Britain) but did not change the currency to GBP (pound) even though it is set to GBP in back office of demo?

Hello just went to your live demo and it correctly detected i was in the UK (great Britain) but did not change the currency to GBP (pound) even though it is set to GBP in back office of demo?

Hello orangeluckypierre,

Maybe you have entered before at our site and the cookie was stored, I have tested with a IP from UK and it has changed correctly currency, language, etc.

Here a screenshot...

You can try with a private tab in your browser or clear cookies, we have also a live demo for test purposes, details in the main post.

regards

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought i had cleared cookies but will test again later. What I really want from this module (that none of the others do) is the ability to ascribe shippers to certain countries, so a guest can check out with the correct shipping costs. Previously I was using multi-store to get around this which was a pain.

Do you have any links to live online stores using your module that I can look at please?

Also are there any restrictions, I am based in UK but sell mainly to USA and Europe? I also use https://www.maxcdn.com/ (content delivery network) for my online store would this be a problem?

Best wishes
Mike​

Do you have any links to live online stores using your module that I can look at please?

You can do your own tests as you need in our live demo, in the main post can find access to the back office and front office, you can add/edit carriers and then add it to a specific country in the module.

Also are there any restrictions, I am based in UK but sell mainly to USA and Europe?

No, any restriction.

I also use https://www.maxcdn.com/ (content delivery network) for my online store would this be a problem?

No, any kind of problem.

the best module for redirections, no doubt, this the ONLY module which is SEO friendly. Other modules will redirect Googlebot and damage your SEO positions, this one not

the best module for redirections, no doubt, this the ONLY module which is SEO friendly. Other modules will redirect Googlebot and damage your SEO positions, this one not

Thanks alot for your comment and your interest.

regards

Hi there,

I'm having trouble making changes to the demo back office for version 1.6 and so can't really see if it does what I want it to do, If this module doesn't function as described do you offer a money back guarantee?

Thanks
Mike​

Hi there,

I'm having trouble making changes to the demo back office for version 1.6 and so can't really see if it does what I want it to do, If this module doesn't function as described do you offer a money back guarantee?

Thanks

Mike​

Hi Mike.

And tell me, what are you trying to do exactly?

Have you tested our live demo to the Back Office?, if not, you can find the credentials here.

regards

Hi thanks for quick response,

I wanted to add prices to the shipping carrier but it wouldn't let me save (and it still displayed $ although correctly detecting I'm in UK). The thing I really want out of this module is for it to detect the language and currency but more importantly associate that with the correct shipping carrier, so that when a visitor arrives and adds an item to his cart he will see the correct shipping costs without having to go through registration.

For example shipping a standard item in UK is around £5. To ship the same item to the USA is around $25.

I use PayPal as my payment processor and that includes express checkout which is great for quick purchases (especially on mobile devices) but if a customer from the USA lands on the site, adds an item to his cart with shipping of £5 and uses express check out I've lost money. Similarly if he adds an item and sees the cheap shipping but goes through registration to see the shipping costs then suddenly go up massively I may loose sales with him abandoning his cart.

It looks as though your module will do what I want but I just need some reassurance as I couldn't actually test it thoroughly :-)

I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.1

Best wishes
Mike​

Hi thanks for quick response,

I wanted to add prices to the shipping carrier but it wouldn't let me save (and it still displayed $ although correctly detecting I'm in UK). The thing I really want out of this module is for it to detect the language and currency but more importantly associate that with the correct shipping carrier, so that when a visitor arrives and adds an item to his cart he will see the correct shipping costs without having to go through registration.

For example shipping a standard item in UK is around £5. To ship the same item to the USA is around $25.

I use PayPal as my payment processor and that includes express checkout which is great for quick purchases (especially on mobile devices) but if a customer from the USA lands on the site, adds an item to his cart with shipping of £5 and uses express check out I've lost money. Similarly if he adds an item and sees the cheap shipping but goes through registration to see the shipping costs then suddenly go up massively I may loose sales with him abandoning his cart.

It looks as though your module will do what I want but I just need some reassurance as I couldn't actually test it thoroughly :-)

I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.1

Best wishes

Mike​

Hi Mike,

What module are you using for the express checkout?

If it is the official free module, I could give you privileges to this in our live demo and do all tests you need, just contact me by PM.

thanks

And this works on mobile devices?

And, why if it is included in HTML5, PrestaShop doesn't use it in their native geolocation?

This is for a different use, most of online shops use the geolocation by IP, that's why this service or databases for this purpose are expensive (talking about the premium service with better accuracy).

I have been testing this module and I have found that the popup notification is completely greyed out on some browsers.  Normally, only the background is greyed out forcing you to read the popup.  Since the popup is greyed out as well, the user cannot close the popup which makes the entire website not usable.  This problem doesn't happen on all browsers.  I have tried it on many different devices.  It seems to happen sometimes on Chrome on a computer.  The problem happens on most phone browsers (Safari on iPhone, Chrome on iPhone, Chrome on Android).  I also tested it on iPads and it happens on both Chrome and Safari.

I did my testing with the demo site provided by the developer on Prestashop 1.6.1.  I configured my own popup for my country for testing purposes.

http://demo-ps16.cot...tion-detection/

Anyone else seen this problem or have a solution?  I am not able to use this module if the popup is not working on all browsers.  Thanks.

I have been testing this module and I have found that the popup notification is completely greyed out on some browsers.  Normally, only the background is greyed out forcing you to read the popup.  Since the popup is greyed out as well, the user cannot close the popup which makes the entire website not usable.  This problem doesn't happen on all browsers.  I have tried it on many different devices.  It seems to happen sometimes on Chrome on a computer.  The problem happens on most phone browsers (Safari on iPhone, Chrome on iPhone, Chrome on Android).  I also tested it on iPads and it happens on both Chrome and Safari.

I did my testing with the demo site provided by the developer on Prestashop 1.6.1.  I configured my own popup for my country for testing purposes.

http://demo-ps16.cot...tion-detection/

Anyone else seen this problem or have a solution?  I am not able to use this module if the popup is not working on all browsers.  Thanks.

Hello rcho,

I have sent you the proof before by Email that the popup is showing correctly, I'm sure that if you have a problem is very possible the problem is caused by your current theme, however, you can send me access to your back office and ftp to take a look at the problem, because as I told you, I can't reproduce the error on my demo.

You have my email, you can send me the access right there.

regards

UPDATED TO v2.0.1 -- November 24 2015

• FIX -- Minor bug fixed on the multistore
  • FIX -- Error fixed in the license for some shops, when it was requesting all the time
  • FIX -- Error fixed in the redirection popup on mobile devices
  • MOD -- IP database updated

UPDATED TO v2.0.2 -- April 25 2016

• FIX -- Minor bug fixed in module configuration
  • MOD -- Top-level domain (TLD) increased in the URL validator for redirections
  • MOD -- IP database updated
  • ADD -- New hook added to synchronize carriers id when they have been updated

Where can we upgrade the last version? I have version 1.0 and i need upgrade it!

Regards

> Just need go to: http://www.prestacheap.com/

> Login with username and password

> Go to: Your Account > Downloads

> And download the file!

Hello, we are using your module for the root shop of our multishop setup ("/") to redirect to region specific shops ("/uk", "/dk" etc.). Generally it works well, but if there is an URL fragment ("#" or "?") in the url, the redirection generally wont happen. Any suggestions as to why this is and how we can fix this?

4 minutes ago, boghsteren said:

Hello, we are using your module for the root shop of our multishop setup ("/") to redirect to region specific shops ("/uk", "/dk" etc.). Generally it works well, but if there is an URL fragment ("#" or "?") in the url, the redirection generally wont happen. Any suggestions as to why this is and how we can fix this?

If the URL is correct and it could be saved, the redirection will be made to that URL without any problem, maybe the issue is in your reception.

You can send us a ticket where you made the purchase to take a look, with the URL of the problem and credentials to the Back Office and FTP.

Regards!

Thanks - I have dug a little deeper and it looks like it is actually whenever the main url is typed in its entirety (https://mydomain.com/) that we have the issue. Any other variation prompts an Apache redirect along the way (to push it to https or from non-www to www), but apparently this one goes right through and isn´t picked up by the module. I guess somehow the request is bypassing everything? 

My client purchased the module (last week), so I will need to get the credentials from them to submit a ticket directly. 

4 minutes ago, boghsteren said:

Thanks - I have dug a little deeper and it looks like it is actually whenever the main url is typed in its entirety (https://mydomain.com/) that we have the issue. Any other variation prompts an Apache redirect along the way (to push it to https or from non-www to www), but apparently this one goes right through and isn´t picked up by the module. I guess somehow the request is bypassing everything? 

My client purchased the module (last week), so I will need to get the credentials from them to submit a ticket directly. 

There is no way to know the cause, because as I told you before, the module only make a redirection, there is no more secret, that's why I tell you, the problem should be the shop or site to which it was redirected. You can send a ticket any time to take a look.

Regards!

NEW UPDATE TO v2.6.0

• [-] Error fixed that occurred when leaving the exclude option of user agents and IP addresses empty
  • [-] Error fixed in popup with long HTML content
  • [*] Major improvements in carrier detection
  • [*] Improvements in the detection of the country
  • [*] Minor general improvements

More info about the Advanced Location Detection Module for PrestaShop