Ebay module configuration

bigal36309

hi folks

I am having a little trouble with my ebay module

its seems to install correctly and connects to ebay. I add my credentials and ebay store name ect. press save then it says that its configuring categories.

At this point it tkes 15 seconds or so and times out. this message opens in a new window, when i look at the prameters page its says categorie updated so i move to categories tab and press suggest categoies and again it times out.

i am not sure if I am kust missing something fundamental I have contacted all concerned has anyone actully got this working and can give me some tips i have 2 prestashop store and would like to get them both up and running with ebay and amazon to save me hours of work

thanks for reading Please please help

Alan

post-406544-0-21263800-1384526228_thumb.jpg

Have you a lot of categories?  I've found the Suggest Categories function can take quite some time; it might be hitting the maximum execution time limit.  Is there anything in your website error_log that might confirm this?

If you have access to your php.ini, there is a setting in there for the time limit.  Alternatively, try adding

ini_set('max_execution_time', 300); //300 seconds = 5 minutes
near the top of .\modules\ebay\ajax\suggestCategories.php

thanks for the tip

unfortunately this isnt working either.

If anyone has had this problem before and have been using siteground hosting can you please let me know.

Is anyone using siteground and it works no bother please let me know then i can dicount hosting as the problem

I am tempted to change my hosting but according to them its not them. I have just signed up for another year and host 2 prestashop apllication with them

I would pay £50 if someone could configure this for me.

Turns out the problem is with the hosting. SITEGROUND Up until now i was very happy with my hosting at £140 a year. they wont fix the problem with it timing out. the ini. setting so the timeout would give enough time for the categories to load

I employed a developer to check out the problem and he was also brushed off. they want you to pay another £78. How lucky i was to find a developer who has spend considerable time on the problem to do it for me so cheaply.

My developer put prestashop onto his own server and ebay module worked out the box. I am now in the process of moving my website to his host for the grand total of £36 including a free domain.

Thank you very much SITEGROUND

• 4 months later...

I had this problem and tried all the suggestions but no result.  Then I found the answer!  

There is an issue if you are logged into admin using SSL.  It causes an XMLHttpRequest cannot load error which gives the spinning wheel.  

Hopefully this solves your problem too.

Edited by pchapple (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out the problem is with the hosting. SITEGROUND Up until now i was very happy with my hosting at £140 a year. they wont fix the problem with it timing out. the ini. setting so the timeout would give enough time for the categories to load

I employed a developer to check out the problem and he was also brushed off. they want you to pay another £78. How lucky i was to find a developer who has spend considerable time on the problem to do it for me so cheaply.

My developer put prestashop onto his own server and ebay module worked out the box. I am now in the process of moving my website to his host for the grand total of £36 including a free domain.

Thank you very much SITEGROUND

Hi,

Did you find out what was wrong with the server set up?

I'm having the same problem but a differetn host company, can't figure it out. I'm not using SSL.

Thanks,

Breda