Dzianis Yurevich

BelVG Promotional Banner Free module

BelVG Promotional Banner Free module will help you to get ready and prepare your website for special offers and sales dedicated to most popular holidays.

Once enabled the extension places a special promotional banner to all pages of a website. In this banner you can advertise products and items which are under the special offer or promotion.

screen.jpg

Twelve skins for the following holidays are built-in:

Halloween

Cyber Monday

Christmas & New Year

St. Valentine’s Day

St. Patrick’s Day

Easter Day

Independence Day

Labor Day

Thanksgiving Day

Edited by Dzianis Yurevich (see edit history)
  • Like 7

looks really nice, definetly I'll try it. :) Thanks for nice module!!!

unfortunately the ZIP upload fine, but I can't install module because it's not on the modules list :(

Edited by illiachenvar (see edit history)

The module is good but could not put on Prestashop 1.5.2.0, 1.5.3.1, 1.5.5.0, 1.5.6.0.  :(

looks really nice, definetly I'll try it. :) Thanks for nice module!!!

unfortunately the ZIP upload fine, but I can't install module because it's not on the modules list :(

Same here.

Edit: Got it to work. Just unzip the folder and FTP it into your Modules folder.

This made it show up in my BO Modules tab. 

Installed it. Enabled it. 

Thought it didn't work at first but I added a reference number and it showed up. 

Thanks. 

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

Same here.

Edit: Got it to work. Just unzip the folder and FTP it into your Modules folder.

This made it show up in my BO Modules tab. 

Installed it. Enabled it. 

Thought it didn't work at first but I added a reference number and it showed up. 

Thanks. 

Yes, archive of module was made incorrectly. You can download normal archive now  :)

Link here,

Regards

Very nice

it's work on 1.5.6?it's responsive?

Can we add events?

thanks

Now it works fine, after copying folder manually :)

works on PS 1.5.6 - confirmed

Responsive? yes you can call it responsive I guess. It's less than 300px width and works like pop-up 

And I agree that possibility to add own events and own graphic would be nice :) anyway it's a great module, and I'm gonna use it.

• Like 1

I love the look of your module.

I now installs correctly but, it does not show any product images.  Only a ? where the thumbnail should be.

Do you have any ideas for me?

I am using 1.5.4.1

your module is looking for http://www.shishafreak.com/150-home_default/kaloud-lotus.jpg

and on my main screen its http://www.shishafreak.com/96-150-home_default/kaloud-lotus.jpg

My site is www.ShishaFreak.com

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Puddleguy (see edit history)

Your images have a xx-xxx-large_default format and I think the module is just using a xxx-large_default format.

If you add 78- to your thumbnail, it shows up.

For example your thumbnail path is:

http://www.shishafreak.com/78-126-home_default/nammor-washable-hose.jpg

but in the module it's just:

http://www.shishafreak.com/126-home_default/nammor-washable-hose.jpg

which is causing it not to show up. Not sure why you have the extra xx- in there and not really sure how to fix it yet.

• Like 1

I understand that but you have more of a product id than normal.

Yours is: 78-126-home_default

While mine would be: 126-home_default

That extra 78- is messing things up.

That's why the pictures aren't showing up. I think it has something to do with how your pictures are stored or your friendly urls.

• Like 1

Hi, Puddleguy,

I totally agree with user bside2234, you have customized (is not standart) friendly url for your images, so you need modify this behavior or modify our module for working with your Url rules.

Regards

And I agree that possibility to add own events and own graphic would be nice :) anyway it's a great module, and I'm gonna use it.

I can change an existing graphic to mine but I haven't figured out how to add a whole new one.

Trying to figure this out:

First I made my graphic roughly the same dimensions as the stock graphics. Made it's own folder in the module img folder.

I copied everything from Thanksgiving in the CSS file and renamed everything to my new graphics folder.

Basically I coped everything I could find that had to do with the Thanksgiving event and renamed it to my new event.

The new event isn't showing up in the BO to select. I can't figure this part out.

Thank you for the module. Looks good.

One problem it's picked up the base price (pre tax price) rather than the final price (tax included).

Thank you.

I actually figured out what I was missing and got the new event to show. You were right though. I forgot the $this->_events array.

Now I just have to work on the css for this new one to get the products to line up a little better.

If nobody else posts how to do it in the next day or so, I'll try and post everything I did if I can remember! ;)

Ok. I'm going to try to explain how to add your own template/event/banner/background (whatever you want to call it) :) It's pretty easy. The hardest part is getting it all to line up.

1. Make your own image for the background. I used one of the existing backgrounds as a template. Size isn't too crucial getting it close to the original size helps. Also, it makes it easier if you put your space for the products exactly where the "template" has it. Save this image in it's own folder with the other background folders in belvg_promo_banner_free/img. Save the background image with the name bg.png. You will also want to have the close.png image in your new folder also. I just copied one from another background folder. Images are done.

2. Open: belvg_promo_banner_free.php

Find: $this->_events = array(

'halloween' => $this->l('Halloween'),
             'colorblast' => $this->l('Colorblast'),
             'cyberday' => $this->l('Cyber Monday 1'),
             'cyberday2' => $this->l('Cyber Monday 2'),
             'newyear' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 1'),
             'newyear2' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 2'),
             'newyear3' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 3'),
             'newyear4' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 4'),
             'valentinesday' => $this->l('St. Valentine\'s Day'),
             'patricksday' => $this->l('St. Patrick\'s Day'),
             'easterday' => $this->l('Easter Day'),
             'independenceday' => $this->l('Independence Day'),
             'laborday' => $this->l('Labor Day'),

'thanksgivingday' => $this->l('Thanksgiving Day'),  

Copy the one you used as a template and past it where you want it in the list. Change the name to what you named your new folder with the background. Above you can see I used Colorblast as my new background.

3. Navigate to css/front.css

You will see a list of all the available backgrounds and the css code for each. Copy and paste the CSS of the template you used to make your background. Change all the names to the name you chose for your new background. In the below example you can see I changed it to Colorblast.

/* Colorblast */
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast { width:249px; height:581px; background:url(../img/colorblast/bg.png); }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-close { top:100px; right:20px; width:17px; height:17px; background:url(../img/colorblast/close.png); }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products { margin:336px 24px 0; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products .product-name a { color:#b70765; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products .price-box .regular-price .price,
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products .price-box .special-price .price { color:#e25f28; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast-left { left:-16px; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast-right { right:-16px; }

That should be it. 

Next I'm going to try a background with a frame that doesn't have a bottom and see if I can get more than 3 products to go down the side of the screen. 

In belvg_promo_banner_free.php there is a line: const ALLOWED_COUNT = 3; 

• Like 1

How can i add goods into the module?i've even tried to write down the path in front tpl and still it doesn't work(

Try: "Product References:", not link structure!, just the product code (id code).

Thanks for the module.
But I have not yet found a way to exit price with VAT.
I had to put on the background image (VAT not included)

Still no news of coomo make the price comes with tax?

Edited by Rubenvecino (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi all!

I'm very like this module too but, as some other people, I need that the price was shown with VAT. Maybe anybody smart can help us?

Merry Christmas!

hello i need your helo i successful installed this module but if i want add any product to Product References then show me a this message Invalid references: i dont know what i do wrong i have a product with name demo and ID number is 11 so i wrote in input demo_11 and i tryed more things like 11_demo etc. with comma nad without so can some one please help me and sorry for my bad english thank you 

It's not the ID number or the product name you put in there. It's the REFERENCE number.

For Example:

Here is my product: http://griffineffects.com/store/switches/157-silent-step-true-bypass.html

It shows the product reference is: GESSTB1

That is what you want to put in there.

• Like 1

Ok. I'm going to try to explain how to add your own template/event/banner/background (whatever you want to call it) :) It's pretty easy. The hardest part is getting it all to line up.

1. Make your own image for the background. I used one of the existing backgrounds as a template. Size isn't too crucial getting it close to the original size helps. Also, it makes it easier if you put your space for the products exactly where the "template" has it. Save this image in it's own folder with the other background folders in belvg_promo_banner_free/img. Save the background image with the name bg.png. You will also want to have the close.png image in your new folder also. I just copied one from another background folder. Images are done.

2. Open: belvg_promo_banner_free.php

Find: $this->_events = array(

'halloween' => $this->l('Halloween'),
             'colorblast' => $this->l('Colorblast'),
             'cyberday' => $this->l('Cyber Monday 1'),
             'cyberday2' => $this->l('Cyber Monday 2'),
             'newyear' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 1'),
             'newyear2' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 2'),
             'newyear3' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 3'),
             'newyear4' => $this->l('Christmas & New Year 4'),
             'valentinesday' => $this->l('St. Valentine\'s Day'),
             'patricksday' => $this->l('St. Patrick\'s Day'),
             'easterday' => $this->l('Easter Day'),
             'independenceday' => $this->l('Independence Day'),
             'laborday' => $this->l('Labor Day'),

'thanksgivingday' => $this->l('Thanksgiving Day'),  

Copy the one you used as a template and past it where you want it in the list. Change the name to what you named your new folder with the background. Above you can see I used Colorblast as my new background.

3. Navigate to css/front.css

You will see a list of all the available backgrounds and the css code for each. Copy and paste the CSS of the template you used to make your background. Change all the names to the name you chose for your new background. In the below example you can see I changed it to Colorblast.

/* Colorblast */
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast { width:249px; height:581px; background:url(../img/colorblast/bg.png); }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-close { top:100px; right:20px; width:17px; height:17px; background:url(../img/colorblast/close.png); }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products { margin:336px 24px 0; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products .product-name a { color:#b70765; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products .price-box .regular-price .price,
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast .belvg-promo-products .price-box .special-price .price { color:#e25f28; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast-left { left:-16px; }
.belvg-promo-theme-colorblast-right { right:-16px; }

That should be it. 

Next I'm going to try a background with a frame that doesn't have a bottom and see if I can get more than 3 products to go down the side of the screen. 

In belvg_promo_banner_free.php there is a line: const ALLOWED_COUNT = 3; 

It works. Changing the Allowed count allows you to add more items. I did a very basic clear banner with just Specials at the head to use all year long when it's not a holiday. Check it out if you want. http://griffineffects.com/store

when I configure the module page is blank

quando vou configurar o módulo fica a pagina em branco

BelBV.jpg

Edited by rcamu (see edit history)

Hi all!

I'm very like this module too but, as some other people, I need that the price was shown with VAT. Maybe anybody smart can help us?

Merry Christmas!

I have the same question, has others.... i need this with vat

Also, it showed another problems besides the VAT... when i have the module active my home banner does not work and the pictures of the products do not load

I am guessing that the VAT should be solved here

<div class="price-box">
<span class="special-price">
<span class="price">
<span class="price">{convertPrice price=$product->price}</span>

Am i Right?
Edited by nspinheiro (see edit history)

I have the same question, has others.... i need this with vat

I have also the same ... pls help me with the price tax

Tks and great module

I have also the same ... pls help me with the price tax

Tks and great module

about the tax ...

in my country the tax is 22%

so Here attached the solution

BR.... I hope to help

solucion%20iva.png

• Like 1

about the tax ...

in my country the tax is 22%

so Here attached the solution

BR.... I hope to help

solucion%20iva.png

This solved it!! Thanks

But now i realized another thing... i don't understand if it is supposed to be like this, but it is showing like "Old Price/new Price" but i have nothing setup like that, so it shows the same price in both sides.