[Solution] Paypal charging tax per line and total tax

clubbby

As the title suggests, the Paypal module "PayPal USA, Canada 1.2.7" was double charging taxes when using Paypal standard and I did not have PayPal setup to automatically add sales tax. It would have the taxes already included per line item, as well as a tax total, therefore double charging. I was able to fix this and wanted to pass the info along.

Open the file /modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hooks/standard.tpl and look look for the following line:

<input type="hidden" name="amount_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+1}" value="{$paypal_usa_product.price_wt|floatval}" />

It should be at or around line 42.

Alter the variable price_wt to price which as you might guess is the price without tax, so it will look like this.

<input type="hidden" name="amount_{$smarty.foreach.paypal_usa_products.index+1}" value="{$paypal_usa_product.price|floatval}" />

And you should be good to go. It solved the problem for me, in any case.

Edited by clubbby (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

While testing 1.6 I had the same issue with tax being added twice so I tried the solution above and it worked.

I then found another issue with this fix, when using vouchers the voucher discount would be applied to the total plus tax slightly increasing the voucher discount and causing the total to be different then the total on Prestashops checkout page.

So here is a solution that works for both, in the standard.tpl file it seams as though the tax is added twice by default, once in the line mentioned above (post #1) and again at lines 55-57.

So instead of removing the _wt leave line 42 as is and remove the lines that add the tax at lines 55-57.

Remove these lines:

{if $paypal_usa_total_tax}
<input type="hidden" name="tax_cart" value="{$paypal_usa_total_tax|floatval}" />
{/if} 

If you previously changed line 42 as mentioned above add the _wt back to line 42 and after removing the lines above the tax will not be added twice nor will the voucher be added after tax.

• 6 months later...

Bonjour,

J'ai le même genre de problème. Cependant, tout fonctionne parfaitement lorsqu'il n'y a pas de discount/vouchers/cart rule.

Mais dès qu'un client veut payer avec son code de discount, Paypal charge 2x la taxe lors du paiement. 

J'ai essayé diverses solutions, mais je n'ai pas réussi à faire fonctionner les 2 possibilités en même temps; avec & sans discount.

Un peu d'aide s'il vous plait ! :)