[SOLVED] Installation hangs at create database tables 12%

Hello Benjamin, thanks for your reply.

Just for testing purposes, I changed permissions to files and directories to 777 and I still get the same error.

1. Create settings.inc file

2. Create database tables

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

I get a green tickle on step 1 and a red cross on step 2.

Is there any other thing I can try?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Blanquiavolo (see edit history)

If you get the error after 30 seconds it is a good sign that the php.ini max execution time is too low. My ISP agrees that another user had the same problem. We now have 240 secs.

Please ask your ISP one more time, and check in your phpdata that the valur has been changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Any solution anyone got so far I am also facing SAME problem

I have repeated everything fresh (deleting all database files....)

but still...

My installation has freezed at 12%

Permissions on folders is 755

max_execution_time = 240 (checked as Pacal mentioned above)

There are 220 tables in database

Why it is not  moving on from 12%??????

• 3 weeks later...

Kept getting the same error, changing to internet explorer was no option for me, 'cause I'm on a mac. Could not install MyISAM because my hosting provider changed over to InnoDB completely. Do not want to change my hosting server, either.

I resolved the problem by uploading from localhost after some database optimisation. Other folks solved the problem by increasing timeout values on PHP.ini file on their server. See details in this thread:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/294168-create-database-tables-an-error-occurred-during-installation/

Alright so in this thread there are 4 proposed solution for this issue. I'm going to close it and mark it as SOLVED because this is a hosting/server side error that can be solved in various ways as outlined in this thread.

My two cents, if your hosting provider won't change a php.ini script to install software, switch to another one ASAP. If they restrict you on permissions and even the type of database, switch. This isn't rocket science and a good host knows this.

Check out InMotion Hosting if you are having problems with your current host. http://www.prestashop.com/en/ecommerce-hosting/inmotion-hosting

Thanks. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hope my answer would give a little help to others, change your fixing problem in another way, don't get stuck at one

Here is my  experience

First attempt Prestashop 1.7.6.2, PHP5.6     Modified php.ini: max_execution_time = 240  [didn't] work

second attempt: Prestashop 1.7.6.2, PHP7.2 Modified php.ini: max_execution_time = 240 works perfects

Then I know, it's necessary to look on prestashop official requirement for installation

Edited by weasam (see edit history)