Discount to specific category with coupon code

Hi guys,

I need very badly to provide voucher codes that apply discount to specific category on prestashop 1.5.3.1

It seems though that in this prestashop version you cannot apply discount to categories, but only to a specific single product. It seems to me previous versions allowed to apply voucher to categories, but the option is not available any more...

Is there a solution or a workaround (module) for this problem that any of you knows about?

thank you very much!

Hi guys,

I need very badly to provide voucher codes that apply discount to specific category on prestashop 1.5.3.1

It seems though that in this prestashop version you cannot apply discount to categories, but only to a specific single product. It seems to me previous versions allowed to apply voucher to categories, but the option is not available any more...

Is there a solution or a workaround (module) for this problem that any of you knows about?

thank you very much!

prestashop has got this feature, take a look:

conditions tab > Product selection (from dropdown select categories)

RkIqKrT.png

if you click on choose you will be able to select categories:

pEYEQK6.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Vekia

There is a problem with this pattern.

1.Select a category in "Product Selection" option and provide a discount of 50%.

2. Now go to store front end and add a single product from that category.

3.Now add some more products from some other categories which do not come under discount section.

4. Apply coupon code in cart and all items in cart will be displaying 50% off and not only the item of the selected category.

This is the issue I am facing every time.

I am using prestashop 1.5.6.2 and want to apply discount for only specific category and not for all categories but if one adds products from other categories, the discount is also getting applied on those products also.

Please help me out to solve this issue.

Edited by ggupta77 (see edit history)

Hi Vekia

1.Select a category in "Product Selection" option and provide a discount of 50%.

3.Now add some more products from some other categories which do not come under discount section.

4. Apply coupon code in cart and all items in cart will be displaying 50% off and not only the item of the selected category.

I am using prestashop 1.5.6.2 and want to apply discount for only specific category and not for all categories but if one adds products from other categories, the discount is also getting applied on those products also.

You have to select to "apply discount to: selected products", on Actions section

• Like 1

I have approx 100 products in a single category. If I would start applying discount by products then it will take a whole day or even more to make that number of coupons.

Also we keep adding on products in categories and it would become very difficult to take track of all products whether the discount has been applied on them or not.

We need specific category discount.

Please suggest something

• 6 months later...

I also need help to create a voucher coupon to a specific category. I was using version 1.3.5.1 and it was all simple. Now I have 1.5.6.2 and nothing seems to make sense.

I created a coupon and then under condition, I selected a specific category. Under Action, I then selected "Selected Products". The coupon worked for products of any category as long as there was at least one product from the category to which the coupon was created.

Then I went back and this time under condition, I picked the products of that specific category (thanks god there were not many products) and selected "Selected Products" under Action. Same thing happened.

After some research, I came across a prestashop document where it was mentioned that the "Selected Products" under Action referes to ":The customer can choose on which products the discount should be applied. Only available for the "Percent (%)" option."  And this got me even more lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Old topic but seems to be a lot of people struggling with this. Found a solution that isn't perfect in all cases but sorta work.

In the Product selection first select the category/categories you want the voucher to apply to. Then add another rule concering Products, select all products from the Unselected column to the left and move them to the right Selected column. 

Make sure that you haven't added two separate rules. Categories and Products should be under the same rule as below.

post-712631-0-55100800-1427457184_thumb.png

Then under Actions > Apply a discount to, select Selected product(s) 

post-712631-0-92582100-1427457193_thumb.png

This means that the rule will concern all products, but only those in the selected categories. And the discount will only apply to products in that certain category. The down side is that if you add new products, they will have to be added manually under Product selection.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have approx 100 products in a single category. If I would start applying discount by products then it will take a whole day or even more to make that number of coupons.

Also we keep adding on products in categories and it would become very difficult to take track of all products whether the discount has been applied on them or not.

We need specific category discount.

Please suggest something

Hi Vekia

Sorry for reply in this old topic but it's exactly the same problem that I have. There is no solution yet for this? Please tell me an solution or an module that do this. Thank you

Consider to use this module for bulk discounts (and surcharges as well):

https://www.presta-addons.com/en/modules/16-m4-category-discount.html

This module can create vouchers code that are added in the cart and make 10% discount on products of category X (for example) ? Because is that I want not to make discounts on categorys. I want to create vouchers to give to customers and then apply to cart and the products of the category X are with 10% discount but only that products not the products of categories Y or Z.

Edited by RicardoPires95 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Old topic but seems to be a lot of people struggling with this. Found a solution that isn't perfect in all cases but sorta work.

In the Product selection first select the category/categories you want the voucher to apply to. Then add another rule concering Products, select all products from the Unselected column to the left and move them to the right Selected column. 

Make sure that you haven't added two separate rules. Categories and Products should be under the same rule as below.

gif.gif  product-selection.png   31.63KB   4 downloads

Then under Actions > Apply a discount to, select Selected product(s) 

gif.gif  apply-discount.png   12.97KB   1 downloads

This means that the rule will concern all products, but only those in the selected categories. And the discount will only apply to products in that certain category. The down side is that if you add new products, they will have to be added manually under Product selection.

Just to confirm that the suggested method above works. However, don't move ALL your products from the left to the right column in the second step but just the products to which you want to apply the discount. I think that's what the author meant but I was confused buy the "all products". 

• 9 months later...

It still aint working because in rull selection you have "The cart must contain at least" - and if we want it to work only for the products ot should look like that: The cart must contain only xxx products product(s) matching the following rules" and then set appropriate category

So from what I see its immposible to set voucher which will work only for a specific category