[SOLVED] My product images are shown as question mark

Hello

I have presta 1.5.4.1 in persian.

I have a customized theme with its own modules and personalized image sizes.

I have installed presta just new and didn't changed any of default settings.

My friendly url is disable as default.

I didn't generate robot.txt

My shop is inactive for now.

My questions:

1- when i add product, some times i get these errors:

"3 errors

1. This link_rewrite field is required at least in پارسی(Persian)
  2. Products must be in at least one category.
  3. This product must be in the default category."

as i mentioned above my friendly url is not active, also i fill all boxes in seo tab and rewrite url box with English translation but still get the first error.

my product is in its own category and have its default category.

i dont understand why these errors happens.

2- I have big problem with my images:

My theme has a documentation for installing and setting images and modules.

I do the written settings but my pictures are not shown in my shop, instead of theme showing question mark. both in home page and product page.

i have the update of my theme and installed new one on my presta and images are shown but because im using Persian language i had to ask some professional persons in persta shop for changing theme so that it become compatible with persian language { i have to use right to left direction and left to right is not so beautiful for this language}. Indeed i had payed for this job and they had done the work with older version of my theme (because the update of theme received to me late after i had give my theme for customizing) so if i want to use newer version of my theme i must repay for customizing it and this is not so happily for me!

+

i have to mention that this theme on the prestashop that developers have worked on it for converting to persian language compatibility, is working true and dosnt have any errors for images!!!!

i want to know why this happens i mean why my images are not shown?

if this is theme bug, so why it dosnt appear on another presta? and if this refers to presta what must i do?

additional infos: i have this reports on my home page BO:

i have regenerated thumbs after do changes in my image sizes and had cleaned my presta cash but nothing happened.

thank you for your attention.

Edited by Nemo1 (see edit history)

Try and go to preferences/images

first, regenerate all thumbnails and see if it works.

If it doesn't, check that use legacy filesystem is set to 'no' then try hitting the very last button 'move images'

Hello

i had mentioned that do regenerated thumbs but dos not worked.

and: where is legacy file system? i have not move images option in my image settings.

Hello

i had mentioned that do regenerated thumbs but dos not worked.

and: where is legacy file system? i have not move images option in my image settings.

it would be best to fix 'not being able to regenerate images.

If you are getting a 'white screen', then follow this to get the underlying error.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-500-error-or-blank-page/

• Like 1

it would be best to fix 'not being able to regenerate images.

If you are getting a 'white screen', then follow this to get the underlying error.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-500-error-or-blank-page/

hello

i dont get white screen but i had checked my host error log and there where many errors all the same as when i checked my site by fire bug error console:

the address of my product images are pointing to some where else than uploaded image.

something like this:

File does not exist: /home/.....com/domains/.....com/public_html/img/p/10-33-home.jpg

i have checked this folder and there was no image like question mark also know that my product images are in different folder.

so now what?

Hello

I had replaced admin/controllers folder but still have not "move images" option.

now what must i do?

Edit:

I have upgraded my presta to 1.5.6 but still dont have "move images" option. + direction right to left is deleted from my preferances(when i activate persian lan directions in BO & FO they are not go to right wherse i had test it in demo version of presta by adding persian lan. and when i had activate it in FO everything goes to right an was OK). regenerated thumbs but my images still are not shown.

please help me what must i do?

shall i install fresh presta or ....?

Edited by niloo (see edit history)

Prestashop 1.5.6 doesn't have that anymore, it was removed in the last one, so it would have been better to stick to 1.5.4.1, and only upgrade after having solved it!

but in demo version it was there!

My god!!!!!

few minutes ago i had tried to restore my backup but now i dont have any shop! just have a 430 forbidden page.......

i  am explode..

You mean the demo on the prestashop site? It could be that it's not up to date, I don't have that option on 1.5.6 anymore :(

oh! make a mistake. i referred to demo of ps and yes you are right it is 1.5.4.1 not 1.5.6.

any way my shop is dead! what advise do you have for me?

Edited by niloo (see edit history)

No, it's not important, thought it's weird. Anyway, can you see images now?

hello

Yes!

i had installed my theme by "theme installer module" and now everything are ok except i had lost all of my data!

i have my database backed up before upgrading to 1.5.6 but since i am in doubt about true functionality of previous presta i dont know wheres this backup is healthy or not?

i have a question: what kind of datas are backing up by prestashop admin? i mean is this backup contains products information/cms/shop informations/module settings?

and what will happen if i restore this back up to my new presa?

thankyou for your attention and kindly help.

Great! I marked the topic as solved!

Hard to tell anything about the backup,  but generally, if it was working before, it's okay.

Also, it *should* be a clea database dump as far as I know. So all tables should be inside. If you restore, settings, products, etc, will be back to how they were. Of course, this is not valid for files, say, for product images or modules, as you'll have to re-add those from a copy of the previous folder :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem with my product images and the friendly urls...

I already tried to regenerate my htaccess file, my thumbnails and i use microsoft IIS for my server so I have to add my rules for them to convert

My old links are like this : http://mysite.com/img/p/1/8/2/182-large_default.jpg

I think I have to create a RewriteRule for the defaults images like "large_default" "medium_default"...

maybe :  RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(-large_default)?/.+\.jpg  %img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1.jpg

But it does not work. What do you think? Thanks