one or two things i'd like to say

Hi, just posted that message in french , so i feel i have to do it in eng as well for any other users.
My name is eric and i discovered prestashop because of one of my usual customer's need. I compared several solutions and choose prestashop, mainly because i like the way it is developped , and because i found the back-office easy to use and especially then easy to explain to my customer ;) .
I like open source's phylosophy and am a member of Mediaportal's developpement team since more than two years now.
Mediaportal is an open source MediaCenter software and can be browsed at http://www.team-mediaportal.com ( don't take it as an ad , just telling this as a way to introduce myself ).
As i told it in my 'frenchy' post , i post there today in order to submit two improvements i'd like to see in prestashop.
Not a feature's request though , but a proposal to do it myself and then contribute to the project.
As i will do them anyway , cause i do need them, the reason i post about those changes is that i don't wanna reinvent the weel and leaks some time to be sure anybody else is working or already did those changes.
Here are the two things i'd like to implement :
1) Left column's categories module leaks a 'custom' order imo , and wouldn't be a great deal to add
2) The products 's description editor only works when creating a new prod. and not when editing it.

So feel free to encourage me doing those changes or dissuade me because they're on the way.
Best regards,
Broceliande

Edit : damn had to correct a few mistakes. i'm sure i made much more but sorry at least for mistyping ones.

I would like very much to see these additions. As a retailer in the works of setting my a new website with Prestashop, I am all for anything that will make working in the admin back office easier. As I've stated before, I can work programs, not programming. I spend plenty of time on my website adding and updating products for customers to buy, I don't have time to do more than that. Please post when you have it ready. :kiss:

It looks like prestashop 's team already keeps these changes under his arms , as i was told yesterday.
These should be in RC4 , maybe even today if i trust the answer in my french post version.
So i'll have to focus on other caps if i wanna contribute ;) , but that's rather a good news to see that such missings features were taken in account by the devs, before i even could have a look on it.
I do like this software :)

I do too - they have done a wonderful job and it's so needed! I have looked far and wide and tried all the other types of carts. I really like working with the Prestashop. It's so nice and easy from a business owner's point of view. God Bless every one of them!