display multiple currencies for a product

Hi 

I would like to know , is it possible to display multiple currencies for each and every single product on the product page ?

For example :

I want to display prices in USD and british pound .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main currency should be USD. So all the transaction based on USD which means when some one want to buy the things on line the transaction will happen on USD. But price display should be on both currencies.    

if this is possible , please let me know the  steps ?

Thanks in advance

Luke.

hello Fred,

just wondering, only product.tpl ?

i never checked this: is there any possibility to get currencies exchange rates inside .tpl file without affecting controllers?

I agree, the controller would be best, so one could pass the selected currencies.  Regardless my point is that it would require customization not the exact customization itself.

Personally I would not do this as it may hurt SEO and it's not something one would normally expect on most shops.

Hi 

As I checked this would be a requirement of some shops where they do not have access to use  PAYPAL for their own currencies.

Appreciate it , if you guys help us on this to add max-2 currencies for a product . Actually second currency just for display the prices from their own currency. 1st currency will involve with direct transaction. (Please refer the attached image )

Could you please explain how is this requirement affecting to SEO ? 

Many Thanks

Luke. 

post-517198-0-43022000-1384241522_thumb.jpg

Edited by luke_devon (see edit history)

Google looks at the product page and pulls prices...I don't know how it is going to like having multiple currencies.

Have you considered automatically setting the currency based on the visitors country?

preferences-->geolocation (enable it)

localization-->countries-->assign each country their unique default currency.

so let's say you sell to Poland, then you would set Poland to zloty, when visitor from Poland they will see zloty.

with this approach, it's possible remove currency selector...

Edited by El Patron
I can not spell (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi El Patron, 

Thank you for the explanation and the guide.

But still my requirement is different. Not like what you have explained that currencies with geo locations.

I really need to display both currencies on the product page same as I explained above.

Actually this is happens in ASIA. Some countries able to do the transaction via PAYPAL without   any problem but some other countries will not allow to use even their own currency.

Hence the idea is , display both valid and invalid currencies for PAYPAL and based currency of the online store should be the VALID currency.

Can you help me further please ?

Regards

Luke. 

Hi El Patron, 

Thank you once again consider about my request.

Actually I have shared one screen shot and an example in one my previous post , someone  has done with prestashop 1.4.

I'll attach it again. (eFVda.jpg)

Here you can see the price $125.50 (GPB 81.90 ), 

British customer can see the actual price from British pound , but the transaction will be occurred on  USD. hence USD will be the base currency of the store.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16917170/prestashop-1-5-display-product-price-in-two-currencies-at-the-same-time

Regards

Luke

post-517198-0-28591800-1384308444_thumb.jpg

Edited by luke_devon (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

---- en

Hello, I have achieved as follows, 

in the list of products (product-list.tpl) 

sign:  {$currencies[0].sign}

Current price for the conversion of the currency to any change in my case [0] is the dollar: 
{$product.price * $currencies[0].conversion_rate}

--- es

hola, lo he logrado de la siguiente forma, 

en la lista de productos (product-list.tpl) 

signo: {$currencies[0].sign}

precio actual por la conversión de la moneda a la cualquier cambiar, en mi caso [0] es el dolar :
{$product.price * $currencies[0].conversion_rate}

Edited by wfpaisa (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have the oposite problem. I have set my multi-currency module. 

When I upload my products, I need to upload them with the US dollar price, set the rate but only show prices in Argentinea Pesos.

However, the product is showing both prices, I don't want my costumers to see the american dollar price, how can I disable it?

Many Thanks!

Here is an example: http://mundo-bijou.com.ar/mundobijou/es/novedades/172-art-6214.html

Maia

Hi, 

When I upload my products, I need to upload them with the US dollar price, set the rate but only show prices in Argentinea Pesos.

However, the product is showing both prices, I don't want my costumers to see the american dollar price, how can I disable it?

Many Thanks!

Here is an example: http://mundo-bijou.com.ar/mundobijou/es/novedades/172-art-6214.html

Maia

Howdy Maia,

see if this post helps

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/351360-solveed-two-currency-but-show-just-one-us-default-but-other-only-in-fo/

Hi, 

Many Thanks!

Maia

also in the future, post your own topic, i.e. if you have 'similar' or 'opposite' qustion, then it's not part of original subject.  this is best for best community 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Google looks at the product page and pulls prices...I don't know how it is going to like having multiple currencies.

Have you considered automatically setting the currency based on the visitors country?

preferences-->geolocation (enable it)

localization-->countries-->assign each country their unique default currency.

so let's say you sell to Poland, then you would set Poland to zloty, when visitor from Poland they will see zloty.

with this approach, it's possible remove currency selector...

Hello, 

You wrote, "with this approach, its possible to remove the currency selector..."

How do I remove the currency selector from the topline, once I have designated a default currency for each country available to buy on my site?

Thanks.

John

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

You wrote, "with this approach, its possible to remove the currency selector..."

How do I remove the currency selector from the topline, once I have designated a default currency for each country available to buy on my site?

Thanks.

John

Just disable the Currency Block module. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...