PresTeamShop.com

[MODULE] Smush Optimize Image - Increase the speed of your store optimizing images

Module: Smush Optimize Image

Categoria: Administration

Descripción:

This module will help your shop to load much faster, because their images are optimized.

How does it work?

The module direct communication Smush.it free tool developed by Yahoo, which is responsible for optimizing your images without the risk of losing quality. Smush.it system examines the images and removes the bytes do not need, making it much lighter.

With Smush.it can optimize images up to 30%!

Smush Optimize Image will send images of your products, categories, suppliers, manufacturers, shops and images of your template to Smush.it in just a few clicks, without having to do this manually you.

Also each time you upload a picture in your store, this is automatically saved and optimized.

You can check here that module or service will be ideal for your store.

...MODULE IDEAL FOR ANY STORE...

COMPATIBILITY

• PrestaShop 1.4.X
  • PrestaShop 1.5.X
  • PrestaShop 1.6.X

More info HERE

Edited by PresTeamShop.com (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Excelent idea :). I've been manually uploading my images to smushit, but a module like this makes it really simple.

• Like 1

Hum, when I run the optimizaton it displays the following error:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/smushoptimizeimage/smushoptimizeimage.php on line 341

Hum, when I run the optimizaton it displays the following error:

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/xxx/public_html/modules/smushoptimizeimage/smushoptimizeimage.php on line 341

Dear customer,

Thanks for you report, now it fixed! You can donwload again the module and ready! :)

Best regards.

I buy this module a few days ago and I just wanted to say that it is a very useful module.

I thought I already optimized most images before I buy this module but there where a lot off images that I missed and this new module fixed the missed ones with ease.

A suggestion for the module is a browse option, the standard image categories are implemented but it would be nice that you can browse for example to some modules that also has images so that you can add those manually.

Best regards,

ysco

• Like 1

I buy this module a few days ago and I just wanted to say that it is a very useful module.

I thought I already optimized most images before I buy this module but there where a lot off images that I missed and this new module fixed the missed ones with ease.

A suggestion for the module is a browse option, the standard image categories are implemented but it would be nice that you can browse for example to some modules that also has images so that you can add those manually.

Best regards,

ysco

Dear customer,

Thank you for your purchase! Already a loyal customer :)

We aim functionality for a future version, it sounds very interesting and useful!, Thanks.

Best regards.

Great to hear that you like the suggestion and that you will add it in a future update (a 10+).

I like all the modules that I already buy from you, they are outstanding and we'll build with great support.

Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

ysco..

• Like 2

I actually used this module earlier this week and I can say it is pretty awesome. I also wrote blog post about it as well, you can read it at http://blog.dh42.com/prestashop-image-optimization/  You can see the page speed increases that it gives just by having optimized images, in the blog article. 

• Like 1

New version Smush Optimize Image v1.0.4!

CHANGELOG:

V1.0.2 (10/10/2013)

- First version released.

V1.0.3 (28/12/2013)
- [FIX] Problem of routes in windows systems.

V1.0.4 (27/01/2014)
- [FIX] Issue that some servers not get the correct image path
- [ADD] Funcionality for choose images or directories to optimization.

Best regards.
  • Like 1

Hi, PresTeamShop :). I just downloaded the version 1.4, but I'm having some issues with it.

Some minutes after it's installed, it stops working and displays an error message saying that the file SmushOptimizeImageCore.php is missing, and ineed it's missing >.<. For some reason, the file gets deleted every time I've installed the module, even when I put it in there manually :S.

Hi, PresTeamShop :). I just downloaded the version 1.4, but I'm having some issues with it.

Some minutes after it's installed, it stops working and displays an error message saying that the file SmushOptimizeImageCore.php is missing, and ineed it's missing >.<. For some reason, the file gets deleted every time I've installed the module, even when I put it in there manually :S.

Dear,

The problem is that the server is deleting the file because it detects encrypted code that we use to manage our licenses. You can talk to the hosting and say if you can add some excepsion this file not be deleted.

Best regards.

Does this module does anything more than Google Page Speed Service?

Or said in other words - would this module give me benefit over GPSS with all images optimization settings in force?

Does this module does anything more than Google Page Speed Service?

Or said in other words - would this module give me benefit over GPSS with all images optimization settings in force?

Dear customer,

Yahoo Smush service and GPSS are totally different, both use different scripts to optimize the images. Smush just the only one that lets you use the Script free.

Best regards.

I have a problem with my shop after i run the image optimizer.

Don't show my images, i see only the ? sign.

www.plant-shop.ro

What i make wrong?

I have a problem with my shop after i run the image optimizer.

Don't show my images, i see only the ? sign.

www.plant-shop.ro

What i make wrong?

Dear customer,

We will try help you, We already contact you by email and find any solution.

Best regards.

Thank you for your fast answer, even if it's weekend.

I want to read the pdf with the module user guide, but unfortunately, i don't find it in zip file.

I try to add a new product images, and nothing.

After i disabled the module, it's ok.

I try to add a new product images, and nothing.

After i disabled the module, it's ok.

Dear customer,

We have made some changes in the module, so that the problem does not happen again. In a few days we will launch the new version with these changes that matter.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Dear customer,

This can sometimes happen because some shops and images are optimized or have a structure that does not support Smush.it neither can optimize. 

You can contact us at our store, if you want a refund of the purchase.

Best regards.

hello, i have contacted your store for a refund but no response is receive. its been 2 days. thanks

Finally got around to upgrading and installing this module. Very useful tool Thank you.

This module is very good, but probably only for small eshops. As we have more than 11k products it works only 10 or 15 minutes and than stop without any reason. (PS 1.6.8)

I think it is necessary to keep records about optimized files (in db) so module will be able to continue from last product after page reload.

Only way how we can use it is with directories, but it can't handle p/1 we have go deeper like p/1/1 -> very annoying.

(on our testing environment it keeps running much longer, like some hours, but finally crash as well).

Edited by rcking (see edit history)

Hello rcking,

It is rare that the module is stopped, because it is developed in a way that has no problems with limitations on the server and can run forever. 

It can happen, is that you have a JavaScript error and the process stops, but would have to know the type of problem to solve. 

We will consider your comments, to study how we can keep improving the module, thanks.

Best regards.

It stops on config.js, row 299 with error Object doesn't support this property or method

Hi,

I ordered your plug-in (I am using smushit on WordPress websites as well, which is working great), and installed it without any hassle.

But now I am trying to optimize the images on my website, but for every image it give the message:

Bad response from Smush.it web service. (img/the_image.jpg).

What might this be, as I couldn't find anything on Google, or atleast couldn't find it this quickly.

I have added an attachment to show what I mean.

Thanks in advanve for all the help.

It looks to me like the smushit service is down right now. Try going to smush.it it is not working for me.

Hello helldog2044,

Remember that our module itself does not optimize the images. Smush.it service is in charge of this work, our module is only an automatic bridge communication.

Best regards.

Yeah, that is what I thought as well.

After clearing cache, disabling and enabling my Smart caching everything seemed to work perfectly.

Except ofcourse for the images bigger then 1 MB in size.

Thank you for your responses, and sorry for my late response.

Hi guys. Do Smush.It service working? I got an "Bad response" message, and website is not working...

Hello,

Sorry, but the service of Yahoo : Smusht.it is down. We do not know the reasons and not if will return to work.

Best regards.

The module has been modified to use the www.resmush.it service that works like the old www.smush.it it was closed.

CHANGELOG:

V1.0.8 (22/09/2014)

- [MOD] Improved compatibility with PrestaShop version 1.6.

V1.0.9 (29/05/2015)

- [MOD] Smush.it service has been eliminated, then, the module is updated to use reSmush.it a service similar.

Best regards.

• Like 1

your site is down

This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

your site is down

This webpage is not available

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

It was down by a server problem, but now is online.

Perfect!.

Hello ,

i have purchased version v 1.06  , how i can modify it for working with new resmushit site?

OK , it was just a link replacement :)

Edited by siomosp (see edit history)

Hello ,

i have purchased version v 1.06  , how i can modify it for working with new resmushit site?

OK , it was just a link replacement :)

Yes :)

Hello;

After installing the module, it seems it hangs with on my PS 1.6.1, the black window displays "Initializing" but stays empty,  after several minutes (screen capture attached).

I don't get any reply to my mails, phone calls or even through Skype. 

Can someone let me know what's the solution? I can't leave the pages on maintenance for too long.

post-886166-0-47368800-1440772810_thumb.jpg

try clicking on "choose directory" and choose something, I also have the same problem if not I click "choose directory"

try clicking on "choose directory" and choose something, I also have the same problem if not I click "choose directory"

Thanks for your reply, but this module is supposed to work automatically. I have too many folders with included images that it might take days to select them all.

I asked enough questions before buying. Obviously, it doesn't!

Hello,

Give us time, right now we are very busy.

Best regards.

Would that take longer to post a solution instead of your reply?

When can I expect a solution? as I said, the shop is already online. 

hello,

you do not need to click all the folders, you can click only those that you see in the foreground.

I did it this way

if for example you click the folder "img" the module will optimize all images

I understood what you mean, but once again, this module is supposed to work without the hassle of selecting folders.

The folder/file selection is there in case you update the website with new non optimized pictures to process them, without selecting the whole folder or images.

For now, it seems that it's still pointing to Smush.it that is down since months!

Here is what I get on the optimization window when selecting the main image folder:

Connecting...
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (public_html/img/404.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/abandonedcart.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/access.png)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/add_2.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/add-btn.png)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/add.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/addresses_edit.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/add_stock.png)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminBackup.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminCatalog.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminCustomers.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminEmployees.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/AdminModules.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/AdminNext.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminOrders.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/AdminPayment.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/AdminPdf.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/AdminPreferences.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminShipping.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminStats.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/AdminTools.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/affiliation.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/ajax-loader-big.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/ajax-loader.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/ajax-loader-yellow.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/appearance.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/arrow2.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow_down.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow-down.png)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/arrow.gif)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow_in.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow-left.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow_out.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow-right.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow_up.png)
Optimizing ...
The image can not be more optimized: (img/admin/arrow-up.png)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/asterisk.gif)
Optimizing ...
The original and optimized extencion not match. Problem Smush Yahoo server. (img/admin/barcode.gif)

Hello,

We found a problem on our version 1.0.9, but already solved in our version 2.0.0 which is still in BETA version.

We have already sent this version to your email user "FPA".

Best regards.

Hello,

We found a problem on our version 1.0.9, but already solved in our version 2.0.0 which is still in BETA version.

We have already sent this version to your email user "FPA".

Best regards.

V2.O.O which is a beta BTW is absolutely not working!

Once the processs is launched, there is no way to stop it when you see there is no optimization, so you have to wait hours befiore it finishes processing ... blah!

I just asked a refund, so much tilme wasted on this module for nothing !!!

Edited by FPA (see edit history)

Hello,

This module optimizes bit to be free and some images. In your case the better the payment service www.kraken.io.

We have already responded well to your mail.

Best regards.