Blank page after editing or creating a category

Hi Guys,

Today I was going to create a new category and to edit an existing one. As soon as i tried to do it, clicking on SAVE, a blank page came out. It never happend before and i did nothing unsual to make it happen.

So i have turned in TRUE the line in /config/defines.inc.php and now it is  so: 

define('PS_MODE_DEV', true);

...so i tried to do the same operation and the error it came out is: Fatal error: Call to undefined method CategoryCore::getTranslationsFieldsChild() in /www/override/classes/Category.php on line 15

so i opend the category.php file and on line 11-15 i found this:

class Category extends CategoryCore
{
public function getTranslationsFieldsChild()
{
$fields = parent::getTranslationsFieldsChild();

but since i'm not a programmer, what should i do to solve the problem? wHAT HAPPENED?
Edited by falabby (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

the problem is with override that you use.

someone / or some module create this override for you.

just wondering for what purposes?

can you shed some light on this case please?

also, does the function exist in /www/override/classes/Category.php ?

Yes the function exist:

override/classes/Category.php

{
$fields = parent::getTranslationsFieldsChild();
foreach ($fields as $id_lang => $values)
$fields[$id_lang]['description'] = (isset($this->description[$id_lang])) ? pSQL($this->description[$id_lang], true) : '';
return $fields;
}

May you better explain to me how can I shed some light? Where can I got more info on the issue?

Thanks

I have some news.

The site was updated from 1.4.0.17 version to 1.5.6.0 with 1-click upgrade module.

I did a look to the classes/Category.php inside 1.4.0.17 version, and found the function:

/**
 * Check then return multilingual fields for database interaction
 * @return array Multilingual fields
 */
{
parent::validateFieldsLang();
return parent::getTranslationsFields(array('name', 'description', 'link_rewrite', 'meta_title', 'meta_keywords', 'meta_description'));
}

So I copied and pasted inside classes/Category.php of 1.5.6.0 version, and now seems working. When I update the category, all is saved.

I need to do some additional test to confirm that the problem is fixed.

I think that something happened during the upgrading, and the module "1 click upgraded" fault something.

What do you think?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I need help with categories setup. I get this error and blank page;

Strict Standards: Declaration of Dispatcher::loadRoutes() should be compatible with DispatcherCore::loadRoutes($id_shop = NULL) in /var/zpanel/hostdata/chicnluxury/public_html/chic-n-luxury_com/override/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 0

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'public' (T_PUBLIC) in /var/zpanel/hostdata/chicnluxury/public_html/chic-n-luxury_com/override/controllers/admin/AdminCategoriesController.php on line 4

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

the problem is with override that you use.

someone / or some module create this override for you.

just wondering for what purposes?

can you shed some light on this case please?

also, does the function exist in /www/override/classes/Category.php ?

Yes you have right, i found the module,that was dolibarr to presta,because before i hadn't this issue https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/395264-problem-with-categories/

Now i cannot edit or create new category! :(

Any help with this?

I can't do anything now with my blank white screen!

Edited by Gve (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem in version 1.6.0.11.

I didn't have the "getTranslationsFieldsChild()" function in classes/Category.php. I copied the code from 1.4.0.17 found on this page, but I still get the blank page.

Also after returning to the categories page the list is empty, although in the database the category seems to exist.

Please help! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Somebody can help me? I don't know why but, if i click on my category in my site, under COLLECTION, aulica or impera, prestashop give me a white page.

If i creata a category and add in the menu i always have a white page...

My site is shop.mhoneiro.com

This is unbelievable, everything work well 2/3 day ago.

I enable the define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); in defines.inc.php, but no error is show.

Please somebody help me...

Prestashop version 1.6.1.4

Edited by socket84 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Error message in my shop

Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/kdlohtax/public_html/modules/belvg_backgroundpages/belvg_backgroundpages.php' (include_path='/home/kdlohtax/public_html/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php') in /home/kdlohtax/public_html/override/controllers/admin/AdminCategoriesController.php on line 11Call Stack#TimeMemoryFunctionLocation10.0003663952{main}( )../index.php:020.062118749608DispatcherCore->dispatch( )../index.php:5430.083024562896ControllerCore->run( )../Dispatcher.php:37340.149836526056AdminCategoriesControllerCore->initContent( )../Controller.php:18050.149836526056AdminControllerCore->initContent( )../AdminCategoriesController.php:19260.154736543304AdminCategoriesController->renderForm( )../AdminController.php:1832

Please help me in resolving the issue mentioned in the topic. 

it looksl ike module belvg_backgroundpages does not work properly

in this case i suggest to remove /modules/belvg_backgroundpages/ directory from your prestashop installation directory.

you can achieve it with ftp connection or some prestashop file managers