Tax isn't working on my site

holliej0

Hi,

I want a 7% tax applied to a checkout order if the item is being delivered to New Jersey. All other states should have no tax. For some reason, it's not getting applied to a NJ order. I am offering free shipping on all orders so I have no carrier set up and was wondering if that's the issue? I don't want to set up a carrier but want to make sure the tax can still work. Here is my site:

http://shedtheeclectichome.com/

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I want a 7% tax applied to a checkout order if the item is being delivered to Indiana. All other states should have no tax. For some reason, it's not getting applied to a IN order. I transferred 1520 items thats to many to change by hand. I can make a tax rule and change on each product. Please help! I'm using 1.5.6.1

I assume you have already create a tax rate and a tax rule for IN that implements the rate?  I also assume you have enabled taxes and defined that taxes should be applied based on delivery address?

Lastly I will assume that you did not edit each product so that it uses this tax rule?

If my assumptions are all true, then please provide me with the ID that is associated to your IN Tax rule.  Navigate to your Localization | Tax Rules section, and provide me the ID number located on the left of the tax rule.

I will then provide you a sql query that you can use to update all of your products.

Execute the following SQL query using phpmyadmin, and it will update all of your products to use the same Tax Rule.  This should work on both PS 1.5 and 1.4

UPDATE `ps_product` SET `id_tax_rules_group` = '70'
UPDATE `ps_product_shop` SET `id_tax_rules_group` = '70'

Edit 12/16: Updated to include multistore table

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

Hi Bellini13, 

I have some issues with the tax not showing as my products are loaded automatically.  Going to each product and saving the option, "Sales Tax" is pretty time consuiming.  I executed your code in SQL query

UPDATE `ps_product` SET `id_tax_rules_group` = '56'

But for some reason, its still not updating in the store.  What could the reason be?    Please help!