Check my site and verify UI, user friendliness and others

Yoosuf

I recently launched my online store and am presently working on refining the site and determining ways of improving the site. Therefore could anyone please check my store and let me know whether it needs any improvements or additions? 

Also this is a fully responsive website, however the + icon on the footer area does not seem to work on all browsers. Could you also let me know how to rectify this problem as well?

The site is http://www.minimart.lk

it's almost impossible to read pink product names on yellow background:

msscZvL.png

I have changed that into blue, and now its clearly visible.  But do you think I should change the background of that whole block into dark green or leave it as it is with the background yellow?

Also did you check the footer area on the mobile device?

Yes I also was wondering of such a design earlier, anyway thanks to your suggestion I have made a similar change to my site. However I used a white background with yellow for the middle content area although you used the opposite. Anyhow could you please let me know any other areas which need to be addressed. And also please check on the footer area on the mobile as well. The + buttons do not work

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

First of all, I think the yellow background is a bit too distracting. Your pictures have white backgrounds, perhaps it would be nice to have a white background (or white with some pale pattern) so that the products flow nicely instead of looking 'stuck' on the background.

In fact, the products sometimes have a white border where the picture is not the size of the box and it looks messy, the best example is  the Chocolate Fingers on the homepage - the photo looks bad. However the flowers just above look great! 

When I click on the flowers (and some other products) it would be nice to see more than one image - such as a close up or different angles.

You have lots of different colours on the site - when I click on reloads there are many colours including the background (yellow) the backgrounds for images (3 colours!) the backgrounds for writing (3 colours again!) it would be nice to simplify things and make it all match more.

I hope this helped.

Jack

• 2 months later...

Maybe just get photo's of the  "products/packages" from Google? :)

Unfortunately that is not possible because competitor websites have put their watermark into such photos :-( So I have taken each of the photos personally from my camera

hello, the duration of your slide image is too fast, maybe u should litle bit slow i think..

Thanks, I have put a moderate timing for that

Hello!

First of all, I think the yellow background is a bit too distracting. Your pictures have white backgrounds, perhaps it would be nice to have a white background (or white with some pale pattern) so that the products flow nicely instead of looking 'stuck' on the background.

In fact, the products sometimes have a white border where the picture is not the size of the box and it looks messy, the best example is  the Chocolate Fingers on the homepage - the photo looks bad. However the flowers just above look great! 

When I click on the flowers (and some other products) it would be nice to see more than one image - such as a close up or different angles.

You have lots of different colours on the site - when I click on reloads there are many colours including the background (yellow) the backgrounds for images (3 colours!) the backgrounds for writing (3 colours again!) it would be nice to simplify things and make it all match more.

I hope this helped.

Jack

Thanks for the tip, I have changed the whole colour combinations of the site to one of gray-white theme. And I have also found that as soon as I did so the number of abandoned carts which I received went from 15-0 in 24 hours! Regarding the flowers, well presently I am unable to get more images for them but I shall try to find more.

Do you think I need to change anything further now?