SMTP Error

Hello, I'm trying to set an email on my website (http://pastafikirleri.com/).

I am using the SMTP info from my hosting company but it didn't work:

These are the info I'm trying

mail.pastafikirleri.com (SMTP server)

[email protected] (SMTP user)

mail password (SMTP password)

Encryption : None

Port : 587 I'm using outgoing port

When I'm trying to send a test email I get this error :

Error: Please check your configuration
The SMTP connection failed to start [mail.pastafikirleri.com :110]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String 'php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known'

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

sorry for late answer, i missed you reply here.

have you tried with latest SWIFT libraries from prestashop github? (from ps 1.5.6 version?)

also another question related to your credentials to mail account, are you sure that they are correct? have you tested them with some desktop mail client?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I have not tried SWIFT libraries. Do you know where I can find them?

The credentials to mail account must be correct. The owner of the hosting company gave to me directly..

Could there be any other reason for the problem?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using ps 1.5.6 and my smtp doesnt work at all. Already applied the fix Mail.php but still no luck. My mail account crediantial are ok because i can set it in my mail client. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

in SMTP User field setting I should used full mail address [email protected] and this error was come out "Error: Please check your configuration" but when used only user without the @domain.com now this error are come out Error: Please check your configuration

Authentication failed using username 'enquiry' and password '***********'

any idea's guys ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

I am using prestashop 1.6, site is not sending the forgot password and other emails to the admin / client. While I am testing through email configuration I am getting this error

Error: Please check your configuration
The SMTP connection failed to start [smtp.securemail.net:465]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String 'php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known'

Please Advise.

thanks

Rajiv