(SOLVED) Tracking Token Characters at the End of URL

Here is a problem that we had with numerous customers at Prestashop where even with Friendly URL is enabled or disabled, the URL automatically adds a some kind of tracking token at the end of the URL.

Here is an example of the problem:

Why has the URL address for all the pages on our webpage been extended to include various numbers and letters after what previously was just a basic URL.

For example: 

Previously: http://www.testURL.com/es

NOW: http://www.testURL.com/es/#.UmsN7XA3twA

These extra letters and numbers are appearing on all over our pages and I am worried that clients think the page is a scam.

That was just one example of this issue. What we figured out was that the AddThis module is actually adding these tracking tokens to the URL. Sometimes the AddThis feature is implemented within a footer module depending on the theme that you are using, such as LOF Advance Footer Module, which in the customer's case mentioned above was the issue.

Easiest thing to do without getting into the code or doing anything too complicated for the regular user out there is to disable the AddThis feature or module. Or a link in the footer if you are using the LOF Advance Footer Module. I also added a JPEG attachment of the LOF Advance Footer Module, where you can set the AddThis feature, similarly it can be removed by just deleting it from the list.

Anyways, just wanted to share something useful as my first post on the forum from the Prestashop Tech Support Team. I will try to share such cases from time to time in the future to help the regular users out there with things that were not covered by any topic on the forum. If anyone has any technical questions in regards to your Prestashop, feel free to PM me, as I will try to help out Ben on my free time.

ALEX

PRESTASHOP TECH SUPPORT TEAM

post-705425-0-24147300-1383173187_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...