MEG Venture

[Module] Surface (Area) / Volume / Length / Perimeter / Weight Calculation Module for Prestashop

This module is a utility to calculate order quantity in terms of surface (area), length, volume or weight units. It adds a special calculation applet to your selected product pages.

If you are selling your products in area (surface) units, or in volume units, you'll definetely need that module.

Dimenasions are converted into quantities. 

Or, you have products each of 3 sqm and you want that the order quantity will automatically be calculated with the given Width x Height dimensions. This module will provide you what you need.

Let's say that you are renting a container and need number of boxes as well as the volume needed. The module will add a volume and additional piece information fields right above the order quantity field with the given maximum and minimum limits you determined beforehand. That way customer can quickly calculate the order quantity he/she needed.

***All the dimension information is carried through the order process via the native Prestashop's customized text feature.

Features:

• Slim, simple and elegant design
  • Metric or Standard (English) units option
  • Supports the units of mm, cm,dm, m, mm2, cm2, dm2, m2, mm3, cm3, dm3, m3, in, ft, yd, sq in, sq ft, sq yd, acre, cu in, cu ft, cu yd, acre-feet, mg, cg, dg, g, dag, hg, kg, ton, oz, lb, short tons
  • Enable/disable the calculation applet only for the selected products
  • Each product can have different calculation settings
  • Surface (Area), Length, Volume , Perimeter or Weight Calculation Option
  • Additional piece information can be added. The area/volume is multiplied with this piece information to find out the overall area/volume if enabled. This feature is useful for the label printing jobs, box qty in a container placement, logistics, fabric selling, etc.
  • Order Quantity input field can be displayed or hidden. It may be forced to be always 1 even if the dimensions change.
  • Native price field can be displayed or hidden.
  • Overall price before adding the cart can always be displayed and updated, can be displayed and updated with a button.
  • Conversion option: you can determine the conversion rate if the meaning of quantity is different for you. For example, you have a 12 sq ft of wallpaper and if the given dimensions (area) are below 12 sq ft, you don't want the quantity to be passed 1. But if the calculated area is 12.1 sq ft, that should mean 2 units of wallpaper and there you go. Order quantity will automatically be increased with the conversion you provided. Details are in the backoffice information.
  • For multiple conversion options, attributes can be used.
  • Minimum and maximum limits can be set for width, height, depth and weight. Customer is not allowed to enter values below/above those limits.
  • Value increase/decrease buttons are animated and only visible if the cursor comes over the regarding input box.
  • Summary of dimensions are displayed below the applet simultaneously with the dimension changes.
  • Area/volume dimension summary is displayed in the sliding cart once it is added and is carried through all the order processes.
  • Order quantity can not be updated (increased or decreased) through the order process. If customer wants to update the quantity, he/she needs to delete the old one and enter the new dimensions from the product page.
  • Multiple instances of the same product can be added to the cart with different dimensions attached and calculated.
  • Dimension details can be seen under order history of customer account once the order is placed. Also this information is transmitted through the invoice, order confirmation mail of customer, notification mail of shop owner and return mail.
  • A validated order's dimension details can be seen under orders tab's regarding order page.
  • The module uses the native Prestashop customized text field feature. So it is updated as Prestashop is updated.
  • Volume discounts and quantity discounts are supported.
  • Customer group discounts are supported.
  • Mass edit feature is available
  • Reserve price capability
  • Applet tooltip (hint) picture. It is the easiest way to show the customers how to use the applet.

For more detailed information, screenshots, demonstration and reviews please visit: 

https://www.megventure.com/prestashop-modules/31-surface-area-volume-calculation-module.html

Or to see it in action, please visit

Compatible with all Prestashop 1.5.x, 1.6.x and 1.7.x 

surface-area-volume-calculation-module.j

Edited by MEG Venture
Weight applet capability is added. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Version 3.0 Released

Changelog

• Dimension transport is now done with the native customized text feature of Prestashop
  • Multiple instances of the same item can be added now
  • Cart quantity can be forced to be always one no matter what quantity is calculated
  • Prestashop 1.6 compatibility
Edited by MEG Venture (see edit history)

It seems that there are some issues with 1.6 version in your demo

I can't write any number on the fields neither using the increment buttons.

Besides that, this seems to be a great module!

It seems that there are some issues with 1.6 version in your demo

I can't write any number on the fields neither using the increment buttons.

Besides that, this seems to be a great module!

Hi Protorob

Actually, that wasn't an issue. A visitor of the demo website configured the fields to be constant :) This can also be done from the backoffice.

Please check again.

Regards

Hi, i'm testing this Surface Area Volume Calculator Module on your site, but the applet on this page http://squaremeter.megventure.com/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product doesn't work properly.

I need this module, if you fix it i buy it immediately.

Thanks in advance

Have a nice day! ;)

Hi

Some demo users selected to enable the module, but forgot to enter the settings to the product. That's why you got error. Now it is OK. Please try.

Ok, now it works, but i have another question before buy it:

I need to buy 3 product that have 120x150cm sizes. It's possible tu input quantity separately?

Version 3.2.2 is released.

With this new version, linear calculation is possible. 

Mass edit feature is gained.

Prestashop 1.6.1 compatibility is added.

Hy,

In demo page not work size calculator!

Hi Neo

Some demo users selected to enable the module, but forgot to enter the settings to the product. That's why you got error. Now it is OK. Please try again.

• Like 1

Hi,

Having just made a post asking for advice on making something similar, I found your module. Is it possible to set different cubic metre pricing dependant on the dimensional sizes, or do you have plans to add this functionality?

For example: if I sell a narrow piece of timber I might want to sell it at £800/m3, but if it was a really wide piece of timber of the same product (from a bigger more expensive tree) I might want to charge £1200/m3.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

Having just made a post asking for advice on making something similar, I found your module. Is it possible to set different cubic metre pricing dependant on the dimensional sizes, or do you have plans to add this functionality?

For example: if I sell a narrow piece of timber I might want to sell it at £800/m3, but if it was a really wide piece of timber of the same product (from a bigger more expensive tree) I might want to charge £1200/m3.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul

You describe the use of combinations. With our module and using combinations, you can achieve your needs described above.

Regards

MEG Venture

• Like 1

Hi,

Wouldn't the use of combinations in the manner you suggest require the user to select the applicable product combination from a drop down though? What I am looking for is the ability to "automatically" alter the volume price based solely on the measurements entered; is this currently possible?

Also, if your module does not currently support this functionality, does the license for the module allow me to alter the code so that I can achieve my goal?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi,

Wouldn't the use of combinations in the manner you suggest require the user to select the applicable product combination from a drop down though? What I am looking for is the ability to "automatically" alter the volume price based solely on the measurements entered; is this currently possible?

Also, if your module does not currently support this functionality, does the license for the module allow me to alter the code so that I can achieve my goal?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

You can achieve what you need by using volume discount feature of Prestashop. Let me explain you with an example.

You set volume discounts as below:

If qty < 99 EA then price is 0.05 €/qty

If qty >100 EA then price is 0.04 €/qty

If qty >200 EA then price is 0.03 €/qty

With the module, customer enters the dimension and from the backoffice you set dimension-quantity conversion such as

1 qty is equal to 1 square meter

If customer sets the dimension as 50 square meter, then the price  is calculated per unit price 0.05 €/qty ----> 0.05 x 50

If customer sets the dimension as 150 square meter, then the price is calculated per unit price 0.04 €/qty ----> 0.04 x 150 vice versa...

I hope I could explain. 

However, you are also free to modify the source code of the module after your purchase. You can just not resell, distribute it.

Regards

Version 4.0.0 (12.07.2016) is released

• Decimal quantities are allowed
  • Backoffice admin controls are improved
  • Page design and applet size is dynamically set if you use the left column on product pages

Hi,

I don't usually buy modules outside the official Addons unless I know the developers but I am interested in your module for one of my clients.

I would like to know if by using this module the client can add product quantities based only on sqm ((square meters) so the stock will increase with those quantities.

Also if  when selling let's say 20 sqm from a product, the stock will decrease with that quantity.

Ex.:

I am adding in the catalog the Product 1 with 1000 sqm.

Stock for product 1 is 1000 sqm; the client buys 20 sqm from this product; the stock is now 980 sqm.

Regards, 

Hi

The answer is yes. That's a matter of product configuration. I can help you on your website after your purchase.

Btw, the module is also sold in prestashop addons ;)

Hello:

Some carrier used something named "volumetric weight" to calculate their rates. This could be easy with simple product orders, but how to calculate this value with multiple products orders?? This module could help in anyway?? If yes, how and where this value should be stored??

Thanks in advance.

Hello:

Some carrier used something named "volumetric weight" to calculate their rates. This could be easy with simple product orders, but how to calculate this value with multiple products orders?? This module could help in anyway?? If yes, how and where this value should be stored??

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, this module does not help you on this. 

My client came back with a question before giving me the green light.

He sells rolls of material which are measured in sqm and can be combined in multiples of 1 sqm so, for ex a client could buy 2 rolls each of 2x10 sqm.

Can the product combinations your module generates be of any multiple of 1 sqm, see pic attached?

This is required to send to the carrier the each roll dimension for shipping price computing.

So in the example above if the client buy 2 rolls totaling 40sqm (2x2x10) he'll get a different shipping price than buying the same quantity in a single roll like 1x4x10.

My client came back with a question before giving me the green light.

He sells rolls of material which are measured in sqm and can be combined in multiples of 1 sqm so, for ex a client could buy 2 rolls each of 2x10 sqm.

Can the product combinations your module generates be of any multiple of 1 sqm, see pic attached?

This is required to send to the carrier the each roll dimension for shipping price computing.

So in the example above if the client buy 2 rolls totaling 40sqm (2x2x10) he'll get a different shipping price than buying the same quantity in a single roll like 1x4x10.

It will be counted as 2 rolls totaling 40sqm (2x2x10) . 

• Like 1

But will the combination look like the ones in the picture attached to my previous message?

Thanks for your patience!

:-(

To be clearer, can I set a product with multiple combinations of width and height, like 2x1,2x2,2x3 etc and in FO select how many pieces of 2x1 are needed?

And the combinations to be listed in the BO exactly like that, 2x1, 2x2 etc?

hi,

it is perfect for the checkout. I was asking that if in the backoffice the combinations will look like in the pic attached.

Sorry to bother, but the client requires that and I have the full responsibility since I ma recommending the module and will have to configure it.

But on the bright side if it works that way, I could be a long time client :-)

post-62297-0-75551900-1477081894_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I think it is faster to let you know exactly what we want to achieve.

Here is the client product page, http://beta.premiergrass.com.au/home/9-premier-perdika-20-range.html

That is how he wants your module to work.

His actual setup works like he needs to but it doesn't subtract the quantity from the stock.

That is why we need a module to do that, to replicate the actual setting when adding to cart and plus, to subtract the bought quantity from the product's stock. 

Hi, can we clear this please?

So far only two questions remais:

1. Can the width be limited to only 2 or 3 options (I think yes by changing the width to a dropdown with a few options)?

2. Can the quantity field be renamed to something like surface and a new quantity field be added because a client might want to buy several identical different rolls, like 2 pcs of 2x10 square meters rolls? This new quantity field will serve only for packing and shipping purposed (not related to the module), the stock will continue to be decreases by the surface. 

Hi, can we clear this please?

So far only two questions remais:

1. Can the width be limited to only 2 or 3 options (I think yes by changing the width to a dropdown with a few options)?

2. Can the quantity field be renamed to something like surface and a new quantity field be added because a client might want to buy several identical different rolls, like 2 pcs of 2x10 square meters rolls? This new quantity field will serve only for packing and shipping purposed (not related to the module), the stock will continue to be decreases by the surface. 

Hi

For the width options, we need to customize the module coding. If you can state the 2-3 options, it is doable, though.

About the quantity field, it is already embedded to the module functionality. Please check the demo website.

Regards.

Hi MEG Venture,

I'm considering buying your module, but I have one doubt:

Why in 

is 

Total Price : $1,031,250.00

?

Above appear some explanation:

<div id="dimension" align="center">Width 1.0 m, Height 1.0 m, 62500.00 ea<br>(Calculated Total 10,000.00 m2)</div>

In the demo backoffice, the "1 piece (quantity) equals to:" field is currently set to: 0.16 (m2)

Where is set that 10.000 amplifier??

Thanks

Hi MEG Venture,

I'm considering buying your module, but I have one doubt:

Why in 
is 
Total Price : $1,031,250.00
?

Above appear some explanation:
<div id="dimension" align="center">Width 1.0 m, Height 1.0 m, 62500.00 ea<br>(Calculated Total 10,000.00 m2)</div>

In the demo backoffice, the "1 piece (quantity) equals to:" field is currently set to: 0.16 (m2)

Where is set that 10.000 amplifier??

Thanks

Hi

Please check the demo page again. One of the test user has misconfigured it. Therefore, the price was erroneous. Now it is restored back to the correct demo values.

Version 5.2.4 is released.

Changelog:

• A small switch is added under the applet to allow the customers to enter the required quantity manually and to cancel the calculation applet under their own discretion.
  • Core.js modificitation is cancelled.
  • Attribute conversion can now be either doropdown box or radio buttons.