[SOLVED] Google Analytics Required Changes?

Hey guys,

So I was just checking up on analytics, and my goals arent working.

So I dug a little and the module reckons you should setup analytics like so:

1. Add 'product.php' as the first page of your conversion funnel
  2. Give it a name (for example, 'Product page')
  3. Do not mark the 'required' checkbox because the customer could be visiting directly from an 'adding to cart' button such as in the homefeatured block on the homepage.
  4. Continue by entering the following URLs as goal steps:
    • order/step0.html (required)
    • authentication.php (required)
    • order/step1.html (required)
    • order/step2.html (required)
    • order/step3.html (required)

However, I just tried to place an order on my site, and the process appears to be like so:
/engineered-proteins/11-furian-nutrition-core-for-men.html#/flavours-chocolate (product page)

/order (cart screen)

/order?step=1 (prestashop step 03 > checkout address screen - already was logged in)

/order (prestashop step 04 > shipping screen)

/order?multi-shipping= (prestashop step 05 > payment selection)

/module/bankwire/payment (prestashop step 05 (again?) > bank wire selected)

/index.php?controller=order-confirmation?id_cart=94&id_module=6&id_order=12&key=removed (order placed, showing confirmation of order and my banking details)

Call me stupid, but the actual process looks nothing like the steps outlined in the analytics module instructions. What am I missing?

I looked at my 'Funnel Visualization' in Analytics and found that it works fine until "Step 3" or (/order/step3.html) - but then it says my customers 'exit' (probably my payment gateway) or go to "/index.php?controller=order-confirmation?" - so am I missing a final step or something?

• Like 2

I've got the same issue. It's not clear enough how the things work exactly.

I'm with one page checkout process so it's very confusing for me how exactly to adjust the goal for a purchase.

I set 3 test goals to see if some of them will work.

If I found the magic trick I'll post the answer here.

P.S. It's not cool to search out in the forum every time I have some troubles with goals. There has to be some place where we can access that information 24/7. A guide which will be upgraded in time. What you think?

The xxxx is that I'm not sure if the steps are the same as before 1.5.x.x. Also is there any wrong code with the default module for Google Analytics in prestashop.

P.S. What if I choose prestashop for my shop and I can't track goals. It's pointless. How to improve the experience of my clients and visitors. LAME!

Edited by El Patron
minor foul language issue (see edit history)

Solution that working to me (PS 1.5.4.0):
in /modules/ganalytics/ganalytics.php add at the end of function "hookOrderConfirmation()":
before:

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'header.tpl');

add:

$pageTrack = '/order-confirmation.php';
$this->context->smarty->assign('pageTrack', $pageTrack);

ganalytics module settings (using standard settings):

Demonstration: The order process

1. After having enabled your e-commerce reports and selected the respective profile enter 'order-confirmation.php' as the targeted page URL.
  2. Name this goal (for example 'Order process')
  3. Activate the goal
  4. Add 'product.php' as the first page of your conversion funnel
  5. Give it a name (for example, 'Product page')
  6. Do not mark the 'required' checkbox because the customer could be visiting directly from an 'adding to cart' button such as in the homefeatured block on the homepage.
  7. Continue by entering the following URLs as goal steps:
    • order/step0.html (required)
    • authentication.php (required)
    • order/step1.html (required)
    • order/step2.html (required)
    • order/step3.html (required)
  8. Check the 'Case sensitive' option
  9. Save this new goal

ganalytics.php

Edited by humanoidvani (see edit history)
  • Like 2

in /modules/ganalytics/ganalytics.php add at the end of function "hookOrderConfirmation()":

before:

add:

You are just awesome!  B) Thank you so so much!

Your decision actually worked! I tried with 6 different variations of a goal named "Finishing a purchase".

Conclusion for all other users who might have this problem:

1. Make the change in the ganalytics.php file as mentioned above by @humanoidvani.

2. Use the standard Ganalytics module settings for setting the steps.

P.S. If you use one-page checkout you may skip /order/step1.html and /order/step2.html.

• 3 weeks later...

You are just awesome!  B) Thank you so so much!

Your decision actually worked! I tried with 6 different variations of a goal named "Finishing a purchase".

Conclusion for all other users who might have this problem:

1. Make the change in the ganalytics.php file as mentioned above by @humanoidvani.

2. Use the standard Ganalytics module settings for setting the steps.

P.S. If you use one-page checkout you may skip /order/step1.html and /order/step2.html.

Thanks for confirming the solution. Can you tell us what version of PrestaShop you are using? 

Hello, I've applied the code mentioned by @humanoidvani. I just made a product price to 0 and bought it but It seems there is no transaction in my analytics.

How much time it takes for a transaction to be listed in the report ? 

Do I need to make a purchase with my credit card/paypal for this(free transactions may not be tracked) ?

Do i need to set a goal in my google analytics to view the transactions ? I've not set any goal yet.

Thanks for confirming the solution. Can you tell us what version of PrestaShop you are using? 

I'm using version 1.5.5.0 of Prestashop.

@J.Sahu:

1. Usually Google Analytics (GA) updates the data from today on the next day after 18:00 pm (GMT +02:00). So try to see the results then.

2. To view the transactions you have to switch on E-commerce tracking in your GA account. Then set a goal as mentioned above.

before:

add:

Also worked for me to (prst vers: 1.5.6)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using PS 1.5.5.0 when I tried to add the above solution it didn't work. Then after test I copied the ganalytics module from PS 1.5.6.1 and kept in my server by replacing the default ganalytics module files of PS 1.5.5.0. Then it worked for me even without changing the code. But the sad thing is my test for tracking them was with bank wire and pay by check payment options. After using the module in live website I observed that it is not tracking the payments made by Paypal or authorize.net even after applying the above solution. Can someone solve this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm using PS 1.5.5.0 when I tried to add the above solution it didn't work. Then after test I copied the ganalytics module from PS 1.5.6.1 and kept in my server by replacing the default ganalytics module files of PS 1.5.5.0. Then it worked for me even without changing the code. But the sad thing is my test for tracking them was with bank wire and pay by check payment options. After using the module in live website I observed that it is not tracking the payments made by Paypal or authorize.net even after applying the above solution. Can someone solve this ?

Recently I found the solution for me in the forum. I'm with version 1.5.5.0 of Prestashop.

So here is the thing:

1. Use your FTP client to navigate to the module -> modules/ganalytics/header.tpl
2. Open the file to edit it and change this:

{if universal_analytics eq true}
with this:
{if $universal_analytics eq true}

3. In the admin panel go to the module Google Analytics and also disable this option though: Universal Analytics Active

This worked for me. Try it and let me know.
  • Like 1