SiteMap.XML Error

Hello Good People,

I'm new to prestashop, I Searched the forum for similar threads but after 2hours of digging i still could not find any thing concrete.
Heres one error that i'm getting. I also did try to upload Sitemap.xml by ftp program but this error doesnt seems to go away.

Can anyone tell me if i'am doing something wrong?

11940_mysCiygCixVePo01ihmT_t

• 2 weeks later...

Ok after a very long afternoon I have figured it out, it seems quite a few other people have had the same problem with the sitemap.xml error on the 2nd part of the instalation page, it is misleading because it says it is a write permission error when in fact it is because a load of files are missing.

If you are loading the site via a FTP to your host and the shop is to be your homepage ie www.yourdomain.com you open the prestashop folder to upload the files and folders init so that you dont end up with it in a subdomain i.e www.yourdomain.com/prestashop however this is where the problem lies, it is easy to miss within the prestashop file aswell as the folders is about 16 small php files which dont seem to show initialy in the FTP program (I was using filezilla)

After a whole afternoon going nuts messing round with the xml file in the install folder which has nothing to do with the error, I just copyied the missing php files on to my desk top and then found the files with my FTP and uploaded them to the server where they should be the under the folders on the first page.

Hey energycon, I'm having the same problem with having a 0kb sitemap.xml file. I used fireftp to transfer the prestashop files from my computer to my site. Where did you find the missing php files? Were they all contained in one folder in the install folder? Thanks

the xml file should be zero as it has not had any information stored on it yet, that happens later in instalation, the missing files are there as soon as you open the unzipped file downloaded from prestashop, on my FTP at first I could only see the folders for the other stuff, install folder etc but the single files are there when I look at the file via my desktop.

I couldnt work out why I couldnt see them in the FTP so I just copied them into a new folder on my desktop and then went back to the FTP and managed to find/get them to show, and then uploaded them via the FTP as normal. Once the FTP had been closed I went back to the Instalation and the error was gone

• 1 year later...
Hello Good People,

I'm new to prestashop, I Searched the forum for similar threads but after 2hours of digging i still could not find any thing concrete.
Heres one error that i'm getting. I also did try to upload Sitemap.xml by ftp program but this error doesnt seems to go away.

Can anyone tell me if i'am doing something wrong?

I think its very simple to fix it, just go to your cpanel and access the main folder of your prestashop and create new file sitemap.xml and than horrayy! the PS installation is just smooth running