minic studio

[FREE MODULE] minic cookie - to show EU cookie law

minic cookie is a simple module and was designed to show the European Union cookie law. Due to the simplicity it can be used to show almost anything to your customers. Basically the modules backend configuration page only contains a multilingual textarea, where you can insert anything you like, even html, videos, etc.
There are some option as well. These options control the appearance of the module on the front of you shop, and some basic functionality like the auto hide feature.

Features 
- Changeable text with default Prestashop text editor
- Multilanguage support
- More info link
- Auto hide option
- Custom auto hide interval
- Custom background color

Demo
Frontend
link: http://demo.minic.ro/modules/

Backend
link: http://demo.minic.ro/modules/admin123
email: demo@demo.com
pass : admindemo

Installation
As usual! Upload the downloaded .zip via Prestashop backend or the unzipped content to your modules directory.

Download
miniccookie-v1.1.0.zip
You also can download from Github.

Changelog
v1.1.0 - 2013.10.22
- added multilanguage for links

v1.0.0 - 2013.10.21
- release

Our Modules
- instauro - Instauro is a good way to show something new to your customers during a maintenance or before the shops launches.
- minic promo - with this you can easily show your promotions on your site
- minic slider - an awesome image slider module for your shop
- minic slider pro - an advanced module of the minic slider, with theme creator, slide scheduling, and lots more
- minic skeleton - its a basic module template for developers, with this you don't have to start the development from the ground
- minic mailchimp - a simple module to show a newsletter subscription form and import users into mailchimp
- minic cookie - a simple module to show the EU cookie law or any text you want

Edited by minic studio

hola gracias por esta aportación, hemos configurado el modulo tal como parase en la demo y en el caso de nuestra tienda no aparece la advertencia ni nos deja cambiar el color de fondo, se que este módulo es gratuito pero nos gustaría saber si funciona ya que si no lo descartamos gracias por su amabilidad. Usamos versión 1.5.4.1 multitienda.

hi thanks for this contribution, we have configured the module as stand up on the demo and in the case of our store the warning does not appear and let us change the background color, is that this module is free but we would like to know if it works as if we do not rule it thanks for your kindness. We use version 1.5.4.1 multishop.

hola gracias por esta aportación, hemos configurado el modulo tal como parase en la demo y en el caso de nuestra tienda no aparece la advertencia ni nos deja cambiar el color de fondo, se que este módulo es gratuito pero nos gustaría saber si funciona ya que si no lo descartamos gracias por su amabilidad. Usamos versión 1.5.4.1 multitienda.

hi thanks for this contribution, we have configured the module as stand up on the demo and in the case of our store the warning does not appear and let us change the background color, is that this module is free but we would like to know if it works as if we do not rule it thanks for your kindness. We use version 1.5.4.1 multishop.

Turn on the debug mode and check if there is any error. Also can you provide a link to the site?

it does not work in PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.1

Does not even install, will not show up in list installed modules :(

It works fine for me on PrestaShop 1.5.6.1

I just could not get it to work through Github, so I downloaded the module through the URL on this post instead and it worked :)

Hi,

i installed this module and it works fine.

The only problem i noticed is that it doesn't display correct when the "Smart cache for CSS" is set to "Use CCC for CSS" from Performance -> CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache).

Is there any fix/solution for this?

Thank you :)

Prestashop 1.5.6.1

Edited by zaxone

Hi,

i installed this module and it works fine.

The only problem i noticed is that it doesn't display correct when the "Smart cache for CSS" is set to "Use CCC for CSS" from Performance -> CCC (Combine, Compress and Cache).

Is there any fix/solution for this?

Thank you :)

Prestashop 1.5.6.1

Hi,

Sorry for the delay but was busy. Its working fine with CSS compression PS 1.5.5 (you can check on our demo site), when i`ll update the demo site i`ll check it again, maybe the newer PS version has some issues.

Meantime can you describe the problem or a screenshot or a web address?

Thanks for reporting!

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to work on this module.

I am testing it a bit and there is one thing I just do not understand.

In the html editor I always get a <p> tag, even if I remove them in html mode and update, they comes back automatically. I really do not want the <p> tag since I try to make the module as small as possible.

I have even removed the <p> tags that was in the .php file when the default values were inserted in the db but it did not change anything.

Do you have any idea why these <p> tags are inserted by the html editor? 

I use Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to work on this module.

I am testing it a bit and there is one thing I just do not understand.

In the html editor I always get a <p> tag, even if I remove them in html mode and update, they comes back automatically. I really do not want the <p> tag since I try to make the module as small as possible.

I have even removed the <p> tags that was in the .php file when the default values were inserted in the db but it did not change anything.

Do you have any idea why these <p> tags are inserted by the html editor? 

I use Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Hi,

The editor inserts those p tags, its really hard to get rid of them.

Hi,

I've been using another cookies module to inform my visitor about this EU law when navigating through my site, but it was too intrusive, so I decided to try "minic cookie".

I have two major questions:

1) Does it prevent from installing any cookies before showing up the alert?

2) I need to change language in buttons, so how (or where) do I have to edit to change the texts in buttons "Close" and "More info"?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Good morning

Not sure if this is what your looking for but have you tried this:

public_html/Your Shop/modules/miniccookie/views/templates/hooks/home.tpl

Paul

Hi Paulito,

Thank you, but actually I tried it before, changing the home.tpl, but nothing happens to the final result.  On the next fragment you can see what was modified, marked on red.

<div class="content">{$miniccookie.text}</div>
{if $miniccookie.link}<a href="{$miniccookie.link}" id="miniccookie-more-info-button" class="miniccookie-buttons" target="_blank" title="{l s='Click to read more' mod='miniccookie'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Más información' mod='miniccookie'}</a>{/if}
<span id="miniccookie-close-button" class="miniccookie-buttons">{l s='Aceptar' mod='miniccookie'}</span>
</div>

The buttons remain the same.
I´ve been looking for something similar on the rest of the files, but haven't found anything.

Any other idea?

THX! again

Hi Paulito,

Thank you, but actually I tried it before, changing the home.tpl, but nothing happens to the final result.  On the next fragment you can see what was modified, marked on red.

<div class="content">{$miniccookie.text}</div>
{if $miniccookie.link}<a href="{$miniccookie.link}" id="miniccookie-more-info-button" class="miniccookie-buttons" target="_blank" title="{l s='Click to read more' mod='miniccookie'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Más información' mod='miniccookie'}</a>{/if}
<span id="miniccookie-close-button" class="miniccookie-buttons">{l s='Aceptar' mod='miniccookie'}</span>
</div>

The buttons remain the same.
I´ve been looking for something similar on the rest of the files, but haven't found anything.

Any other idea?

THX! again

Hi,

The buttons can be translated via the prestashop backend. Just translate like any other module.

More info here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Translations+in+PrestaShop+1.5

Hello I'm trying on www.ladolcevitashop.es but I see the superior layer takes a lot of site on the screen for show the info.

could it be using less space?

Best Regards.

Thanks

Hello I'm trying on www.ladolcevitashop.es but I see the superior layer takes a lot of site on the screen for show the info. could it be using less space? Best Regards. Thanks

Hi,

Fell free to modify the module to your needs.

Hi,

Just installed the module on a local machine, and your module pops an error on minicookie.js, line 27, autohide it's not defined. I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9

Hi,

Just installed the module on a local machine, and your module pops an error on minicookie.js, line 27, autohide it's not defined. I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9

Indeed this is a small bug. You can fix it if u define the variable in the home.tpl file.

Hi everybody.

I've installed this module and works perfectly. Thank you very much for sharing it. Just a small question. How can I modify the text of the two small buttons saying "More Info" and "Close"? I want to write it in spanish and I don't know how to do it.

Thanks for your time :)

Thanks for the module. I kept button always show ON so every time customer visit site it should show msg on index page but it keep showing the msg even on product page categories page. i have set timer to 10 sec but i need it show only on index page how can i achieve this 

I have installed this module and it was working fine until I installed a Theme called Cepheus from (http://themeforest.net/item/-cepheu-responsive-prestashop-theme/7504880) and now it doesn't work anymore. 

Could any one give any clue why it would stop working?

Thank in advance for any help. ;-)

It happens the same but with another theme you buy, because this module is not shown in some themes ?

Hi,

Thank you very much for this free module.

How would it be possible to display the message at the bottom of the pages (instead of the top of the pages) ?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Patrick