[SOLVED] Unable to load the "AdminSelfUpgrade" tab

Hi guys,

I've been banging my head against the wall for 2 days already and I just can't find a way to update my shop from 1.5.4.1 to 1.5.6.0. I can't even install the 1 click autoupgrade module. I find it in the modules list (it says not installed), than I click install and it says "Module successfully installed". The problem appears when I go again on the modules page, find the 1 click autoupgrade module and click configure or reset. The first one leads me to a white screen. The second one leads me to:

1. Cannot install this module.
  2. Unable to load the "AdminSelfUpgrade" tab

I've tried deleting the autoupgrade module and than reinstalling - nothing changes.

I've tried setting all permissions from 755 to 777 - nothing changes.

And... if this may help - after I try installing the autoupgrade module the autoupgrade folder in the admin folder disappears.

Any help is appreciated :).

probably best to turn on errors (blank screen) to find out why it's taking an error

if you need help turning on errors follow this guide.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-500-error-or-blank-page/

also, it's best not to be changing your permissions (unless you change them back)

Oh... I had been playing with the php.ini file to try output the errors... Thanks for this answer - now I know how to output them :). But nothing good came out in the end... This is what the white screen shows:

Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated in /home/unikatje/public_html/modules/econt/econt.php on line 478
in /home/unikatje/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 1845

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/unikatje/public_html/classes/Tools.php:1845) in /home/unikatje/public_html/modules/autoupgrade/autoupgrade.php on line 139

After looking up for the mentioned file - the 139 row contains something like:

public function getContent()
    {
        global $cookie;
        header('Location: index.php?tab=AdminSelfUpgrade&token='.md5(pSQL(_COOKIE_KEY_.'AdminSelfUpgrade'.(int)Tab::getIdFromClassName('AdminSelfUpgrade').(int)$cookie->id_employee)));
        exit;
    }

And while I'm not very familiar with the mechanisms under prestashop... I can't make a guess what the problem could be.

I only found one 'solution' to this message and the community member basically stated that they uninstalled a 3rd party module and it worked.  They did not say 'which' 3rd party module, argh.

if I were to look for a module to 'uninstall' in preparation, I would look for a module that adds an admin tab.

Upgrading is not for the feint of heart, make sure to back up you db and  shop files before doing the upgrade...

Thanks man! :) You've saved my day :). It was the 3rd party module - the module of a local carrier. But just to state it - uninstallation is not enough, I had to delete the modules so the autoupgrade is now working. Maybe I will have to write an email to those guys so they can fix their module.

Thanks again! :)

Well... I don't want to offend the creators of the module because it's doing it's job very well on 1.5.4.1 - they just need to tweak it a little I guess. But for your info - It's a pair of bulgarian modules that contain Еконт in their names - can't find the email for the full names.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I tried upgrading with the 1-Click module from 1.6.0.5 to 1.6.1 which created a disaster. My recommendation is to warn everyone like the developers warn just before you click on the upgrade that you better think seriously whether or not you should upgrade or simply start from scratch with a whole new shopping cart. I don't know why the developers can't make a simple upgrade like the Wordpress developers with upgrades?  At least the PrestaShop developers do warn you that upgrades can be tricky and turn into a nightmare. I naively thought I could handle this.  I have now spent over four hours trying to get my shopping cart back and so far haven't been able. 

Edited by brady (see edit history)

• 5 years later...

Ciao, dopo aver letto quanto sopra ho risolto questo problema semplicemente facendo una ricerca della tabella nel database in phpMyAdmin. Avendone trovata una soltanto l'ho spostata da posizione 0 in ultima posizione (118 nel mio caso).
Dopo questo il modulo (in versione 4.12) si è installato.
Ho fatto questo perchè ricordavo che qualche tabella non viene intallata correttamente se va in posizione 0. Se il record ha le tabelle che cominciano con 1 automaticamente il modulo inserisce la tabella nella prima utile che è 0 ma poi il valore non viene accettato.
Spero di essere stato utile
Non chiedete di più perchè non ci capisco niente.

Daniele

----------

English version 😉

Hi, after reading the above I solved this problem by simply doing a table lookup in the database in phpMyAdmin. Having found only one, I moved it from position 0 to last position (118 in my case).
After this the module (in version 4.12) was installed.
I did this because I remembered that some tables are not installed correctly if they go to position 0. If the record has tables starting with 1 the module automatically inserts the table in the first useful which is 0 but then the value is not accepted.

I hope I was helpful

Don't ask for more because I don't understand anything.

Daniele