Adding a charge for a particular method of payment

Littlepants

I have been told that a module has been written for this.

Description
This module let's you add fees or discounts to the order total based on the payment module used.

Features
Add fees to the order total for the selected payment methods by percentage or fixed amount.
Discount on the order total for the selected payment methods by percentage or fixed amount.
The additional fees or discounts are listed on the order history, pdf invoice and the backoffice order details, as shown on the screenshots.

Can anyone tell me what the module is, and where I can find it please?

Thanks. That looks like the one. I am not sure I understand this though

The module comes with a one-time free installation when you buy it with the 1-year update option. If you have existing overrides (for the Cart, CartRule, PaymentModule and Discount classes), you are advised to use this option, as the installation would require combining your existing files with the module overrides. Once you buy the module with the 1-year update option use the "Contact the developer" link to send backend and ftp details for the installation.

In e-commerce you can use several different payment options, and usually each of them have different transaction fees & handling costs. These would increase the cost of your shop. On the other hand you might have some payment methods with lower fees or lower processing costs.

In these cases it would be advantageous to be able to charge these processing fees with the order, while offering discounts for other payment methods. This would let your customers choose a better payment method while lowering your overhead costs.

Does this mean I can't install it myself in the usual way ie. just install and configure it? And does it mean I will have to buy it and or pay to update it every year?

OK. Thanks.

So would I have to pay again after 1 year to upgrade it, but then have to do it all again after 2 years?

Yes, in this case it sounds like you will have to pay once again if you will need to upgrade module.

Anyway, it will be much easier if you will ask module developer about that :)

many developers allows to upgrade addons all the time without additional fees :)