[SOLVED] Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. ...

Hi,

I read several other threads about this problem. But they all do not seem to work for me. Maybe I did something wrong. Everytime when I try to regenerate the images I get the following error message:

Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.

I have installed the german language pack in addition to the english one. The folder permission was set to 755. I set it to 777(including subfolders). That did not work.

I read that the error could happen because some language files are missing in

/img/c

/img/l

/img/m

/img/p

/img/su

/img/scenes

I went into these folders and copied the english jpg files and replaced 'en' with 'de'. Of course I kept the english jpgs. But that still did not solve the issue. What else can I do?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I found what was wrong. 1 or 2 weeks ago I was experimenting with setting up a CDN. During that time I changed the constant for the image directory. So now I changed it back. It all works now. It is kind of embarassing, but what can I do.

thank you for confirmation that you fixed it and of course for information how you did that.

im convinced that this thread will be helpful for other merchants here with similar issues.

im going to mark it as solved

with regards,

Milos

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

thank you for confirmation that you fixed it and of course for information how you did that.

im convinced that this thread will be helpful for other merchants here with similar issues.

im going to mark it as solved

with regards,

Milos

How is this marked as resolved? I can't see nay clear resolution! "changed the constant for the image directory" What does that mean and how to do it?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...