Paypal payment but no orders

Sphyrna

HI! there was no error, the i can see the transaction from paypal and was completed but the order is not created in the back office. I'm using the paypal sandbox. I'm using prestashop 1.5.6.1 and the latest version of paypal.

thanks

@Kabyong  - this is very like my problem.

You can actually go in to paypal, and resend the IPN (instant paymet notification). I made 10 re-attempts at sending the IPN from paypal for each order. Only once was an order created. Paypal even send me an email saying that the website was not accepting the IPN.

As a temporary solution, you can generate the order from the shopping cart in your backoffice.

Can anyone confirm the correct IPN URL to add to paypal (when using paypalusa). I have read mixed answers:

1. mysite.com/modules/paypalusa/controllers/front/validation.php

2. mysite.com/modules/paypalusa/controllers/front/validation.php?pps=1

3. mysite.com (no extension necessary)

Thanks

Hi! thanks for the replies, you guys have been really helpful. After a full day of troubleshooting, I finally found what's the problem and now it's working like a charm. The only thing that I found out is, paypal don't work while the site is under maintenance even if you add your IP. So, I just enabled the shop and made a test transaction and orders made it through the back office.

@bellini13 i'm using 1.5.6.1 and latest ver of paypal

@jeyjoo for the IPN the correct one is #2 that's what I'm using now

• 2 months later...

I spent 2 full days trying to fix this problem.

I downloaded PS clean, into a clean install, on a clean domain name, using completely AS-DOWNLOADED files. No versions should ever have to be checked when a user does that. It should work.

It took money, but never created an order. Needless to say, this is unacceptable behavior. I am fully aware of how to do this, I have built PayPal systems from scratch for several websites. I know how to process the IPN, but it appears the PayPalUSA module doesn't know how to find it. The unnecessary complexity of using an MVC system no doubt turned a lot of experienced developers off of even trying to diagnose this.

I used the github version of PayPal, and BOOM. It works. End of story. Well, until it stops, because this is an ongoing problem for PS, isn't it? Just do a search, you'll find a LOT of people trying to get this working out of the box.

Disgusting that I have had to spend this much time, and yes, this should be the A Number 1 priority for PrestaShop. Everyone is going to allocate a certain amount of time to solve these kinds of issues, and if a package goes past that time, Boom, it's OpenCart or Magento. It took long enough to even get my catalog in there, I can only imagine the distress of new users spending a month getting it set up only to find they can't sell product.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same issue with two stores.  www.libertygearstore.com and www.reel-cafe.com  They're both using version 1.5.6.1

I just found a large order that had processed all the way through Paypal (somehow we missed that) but the order only shows in the shopping carts area of Prestashop and not in the orders area.

I spent 2 full days trying to fix this problem.

I downloaded PS clean, into a clean install, on a clean domain name, using completely AS-DOWNLOADED files. No versions should ever have to be checked when a user does that. It should work.

It took money, but never created an order. Needless to say, this is unacceptable behavior. I am fully aware of how to do this, I have built PayPal systems from scratch for several websites. I know how to process the IPN, but it appears the PayPalUSA module doesn't know how to find it. The unnecessary complexity of using an MVC system no doubt turned a lot of experienced developers off of even trying to diagnose this.

I used the github version of PayPal, and BOOM. It works. End of story. Well, until it stops, because this is an ongoing problem for PS, isn't it? Just do a search, you'll find a LOT of people trying to get this working out of the box.

Disgusting that I have had to spend this much time, and yes, this should be the A Number 1 priority for PrestaShop. Everyone is going to allocate a certain amount of time to solve these kinds of issues, and if a package goes past that time, Boom, it's OpenCart or Magento. It took long enough to even get my catalog in there, I can only imagine the distress of new users spending a month getting it set up only to find they can't sell product.

This is exactly where I am!  It is unbelievable that this is such a recurring issue, and that there has been no discernible progress made to solve this issue.  According to the posts I've been reading for the last couple days, this has been going on steadily since 2010!

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm experiencing this problem (Paypal USA 1.3.8 module using PayPal Advanced), I can 'send' my CC info in the paypal module, it'll process, and then that hook/module will reload into something random while the rest of my checkout page won't change and will act as if nothing has happened. The payment goes through, and I can see the funds in my PayPal account, but no order is created in my prestashop BO and to the customer it appears as if the order hasn't gone through since it hangs on the checkout page.

These fixes all completely go above my head, so I'm considering just buying the Presto Changeo PayPal module for a hundred bucks. Does it experience any of these errors? Will it work everytime? Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks

If you read back to my previous response, your issue might be what I have described.  You may need to turn on and enable IPN in your Paypal account profile.

I do not know if Paypal broke more than what is being acknowledged, but I believe it is not a coincidence. 

Hi bellini,

thanks for the response. I went into my PayPal settings, enabled IPN, and set this:

http://www.dfwcomposites.com/modules/paypalusa/controllers/front/validation.php?pps=1

as the notification URL.

Tried to complete an order again, but the same thing happened. Paypal processed the transaction, but didn't notify PS and nothing appears in my BO. Also, the payment module reloads and looks like this still (attached image).

EDIT: also just tried using the above url, but replacing http with https; didn't work :(

EDIT 2: Also just tried all of the fixes suggested by user "Patchou" in post number 26. I was hopeful since my cart was calculating tax on my orders, but after commenting out the suggested line in the paypalusa.php module, I didn't have any luck. Updating the IPN response URL to the suggested URL with the tax line commented out in the module didn't work either. I'm very much at a loss of what to do. Considering buying the presto changeo PayPal advanced module - do you guys recommend it? It doesn't have this problem does it?

EDIT 3: FIXED! I used user "Coolpages" idea in post number 43. Went to my manager.paypal.com settings, switched everything he suggested, and went ahead with the transaction. After I hit send ont he paypal module and it did its things, the module's hook reloaded the a blank grey block and things looked even worse, but then 2 seconds later the whole screen refreshed into an order confirmation page. order also shows up in my BO. Please note that I have everything configured as suggested in post 43 in my manager account, but then I also have IPN enabled in my paypal.com business account, with the forwarding address set to "http://www.[mystore].com/index.php?fc=module&module=PayPalUSA&controller=Validation&pps=1" I don't know if the later part is necessary but it's working atm so I'm going to leave it until I play around with it a bit more later tonight.

I also haven't figured out whether or not the tax thing mentioned in post 26 is an issue. I disabled my taxation schedule so I cant check it but will later tonight... for now... I'm off to work

Thanks everyone, really glad the PS has such a hardworking community behind it

Chetan

post-642852-0-66365800-1413391071_thumb.png

Edited by DFWcomposites (see edit history)

In reference to my post about (#112) and Patchou's post from page 2 (#26):

I was about to get the payment to process without the tax line ('paypal_usa_total_tax') being commented out. Is that because that tax item has since been fixed? I created a test cart and had the item ship to my state (Texas) which has a state tax rule applied. The correct tax was applied (bringing my $2 item up to $2.17) and the transaction was processed correctly. Sooo no complaints but I just want to make sure that there won't be some hiccup later on because I didn't comment out that tax line.

Thanks,

Chetan

To everyone,

The rollback from Paypal's technical team has been made today. I invite you to reset the module.

However, we want to warn you that all the orders that had been beetween the beginning of the bug until now made won't be recovered by the module. A special support will be proposed to merchants to solve this issue. I'm currently waiting for more details to keep you updated.

I wish you all a nice day.

• 2 months later...

I am facing the same problem, i.e. During checkout, the user is sent to Paypal, payment is processed but the new order is not registered by Prestashop. The cart is not emptied either, however, the Paypal transaction completed successfully.

The order is not shown either on the admin site, though the transaction on the paypal sandbox shows as successfull. I am in UAE and using the Paypal USA module. Please advise, I was not expecting this basic behavior to be flawed or confiusing, or is there anything we all are missing here???

Prestashop version: 1.6.0.9

Paypal USA v 1.3.8

Regards,

Imran

Edited by imraansarwar (see edit history)

Standard checkout relies on the Paypal IPN being received and processed by the PaypalUSA module.

You will need to confirm that you are receiving the notification.  You can usually do this by looking at your hosts access log from the cpanel.  Search for "pps=1" (without the quotes) and let us know if you see the entry and we can go from there

Also confirm that you are not in maintenance mode

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

Standard checkout relies on the Paypal IPN being received and processed by the PaypalUSA module.

You will need to confirm that you are receiving the notification.  You can usually do this by looking at your hosts access log from the cpanel.  Search for "pps=1" (without the quotes) and let us know if you see the entry and we can go from there

Also confirm that you are not in maintenance mode

Oh, I didn't notice, I was running in maintenance mode. As soon as I turned maintenance mode Off, It worked like a charm :)

Thanks a lot @bellini for pointing that out. Cheers

Regards,

Imran

• 1 year later...

Hello Everybody, it is 2016 and still this issue is not solved , I did everything what i could to fix the issue with this paypal module ...I'm willing to pay to somebody for the Fix ! On PayPal Module side everything working nicely but still no orders on the store side ... Please Help !

• 3 weeks later...

I have solved this problem, just note down if it may be helpful for anyone else.

1. When submitting payment request to Paypal, Paypalusa module send the shipping cost as a product and charge tax on top of it. So Paypal is charging an extra charge on the shipping tax and this will fail the entire payment process.

To solve this, we can modify the code to exclude the tax from the shipping cost sent to Paypal. 

Go to /modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook/standard.tpl and search for the following line: 

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_shipping" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING)}

and change it to:

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_shipping" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING)}

(You can refer to /classes/Cart.php and find the method called getOrderTotal() )

2. Paypalusa works totally depends on Paypal IPN, and sometimes Paypal's "Instant payment notification" wasn't that "instant" and you may find it hit your sever's access log several minutes after you paid your money. So, tail your access log and if you see a new ipn post reaches your server, then refresh the front shop and you should be able to see your order.

If you are using apache with the default configuration, you can see your access log by running

tail -f /var/logs/apache2/access.log | grep ipn

3. Make sure your shop is running with a valid SSL certificate. Basically what happens is, once the IPN post hits your server and triggers the /modules/paypalusa/controller/front/validation.php, there will be a curl being sent to the following url to verify your order.

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://www.'.(Configuration::get('PAYPAL_USA_SANDBOX') ? 'sandbox.' : '').'paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr');

However, if your shop wasnt running under a https protocol, then paypal will return you a "SSL connection error" which bypass the whole order processing logic without even showing an error message.

Sorry about my English but hopefully this will help with someone.