What do you want 1.6 to do ?

devilsown

Referral Program

When setting up the referral program and offering a fixed amount, the amount is shown as zero on the customers account page.

e.g.

Get a discount of 0 £ for you and your friends by recommending this Website.

It's quick and it's easy. Just fill in the first name, last name, and e-mail address(es) of your friend(s) in the fields below. When one of them makes at least 1 order , he or she will receive a 0 £ voucher and you will receive your own voucher worth 0 £.

If opting to make the referral a percentage, then the amounts are shown corectly.

e.g.

Get a discount of 5 % for you and your friends by recommending this Website.

It's quick and it's easy. Just fill in the first name, last name, and e-mail address(es) of your friend(s) in the fields below. When one of them makes at least 1 order , he or she will receive a 5 % voucher and you will receive your own voucher worth 5 %.

This was a bug on previous versions and seems to be carried over to 1.6

Also, when reading the conditions of the referral program in the 'My Account' section, a popup window shows with the conditions in it, but the rest of the page shows a grid of question marks as though there is a missing image.

In the admin, for the referral program, when selecting to use a fixed amount, if the percentage amount is put as zero, and a fixed amount is enetered, then it is not possible to save the configuration.

Edited by Yngvi (see edit history)

Referral Program

When setting up the referral program and offering a fixed amount, the amount is shown as zero on the customers account page.

e.g.

Get a discount of 0 £ for you and your friends by recommending this Website.

It's quick and it's easy. Just fill in the first name, last name, and e-mail address(es) of your friend(s) in the fields below. When one of them makes at least 1 order , he or she will receive a 0 £ voucher and you will receive your own voucher worth 0 £.

If opting to make the referral a percentage, then the amounts are shown corectly.

e.g.

Get a discount of 5 % for you and your friends by recommending this Website.

It's quick and it's easy. Just fill in the first name, last name, and e-mail address(es) of your friend(s) in the fields below. When one of them makes at least 1 order , he or she will receive a 5 % voucher and you will receive your own voucher worth 5 %.

This was a bug on previous versions and seems to be carried over to 1.6

Also, when reading the conditions of the referral program in the 'My Account' section, a popup window shows with the conditions in it, but the rest of the page shows a grid of question marks as though there is a missing image.

Please open a ticket on http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM since this is not specific to the 1.6. Thanks.

Thanks for answer, 

So will it have a left column menu as there is a top menu ?

Regards

You can modify the theme as you wish in order to activate left or right column (without code) on every page... but it doesn't mean it will always look good.

Here's an example with Top Sellers block activated on the left column of a product page: http://puu.sh/6mVy4.jpg

1.5 was very good and 1.6 looks excellent. I will love it if provides additional feature on top of the ones already available. Following is my wish list:

1. Better validation for Names, Addresses, Phone numbers etc. Validation should be customizable.

2. Privacy feature in back office. i.e Sales Staff should not be able to browser customers at random and bring out their contact information. This information should be protected just like credit card information.

3. When in catalog mode allow orders to be placed from back office.

4. Newsletter customization and sheduling the sending. Tracking would be a huge plus!

5. Better LiveEdit mode.

6. Allow skipping of steps in order process. Skipping allowed if a default action is set for a particular step.

7. Smary debug in back office.

1.5 was very good and 1.6 looks excellent. I will love it if provides additional feature on top of the ones already available. Following is my wish list:

1. Better validation for Names, Addresses, Phone numbers etc. Validation should be customizable.

2. Privacy feature in back office. i.e Sales Staff should not be able to browser customers at random and bring out their contact information. This information should be protected just like credit card information.

3. When in catalog mode allow orders to be placed from back office.

4. Newsletter customization and sheduling the sending. Tracking would be a huge plus!

5. Better LiveEdit mode.

6. Allow skipping of steps in order process. Skipping allowed if a default action is set for a particular step.

7. Smary debug in back office.

2 - Are you talking about something that can't be done through Permissions in the BO ? http://puu.sh/6nVDB.png

3 - You can already do that

4 - We have module and great company specialized in that

5 - I agree

Glad you like the new version :)

• Like 1

This is a little out of the scope of 1.6, but I would like to see different page types. Currently there is product page, category page, cms page, cms category. I would like to see a post and a post category page type added. Basically a blog integration inside prestashop.

• Like 2

One other thing as well that could be part of 1.6. Change the 404 page from a static template page, to a cms page where people can edit their 404 page and the same with the maintenance page. Also add a hook to the 404 page as well, that a module like the home featured can be hooked on. 

Its all about keeping users out of code. 

European Cookies Regulations

There is a module to notify customers about the European data privacy regulations and this is displayed when the customer creates an account, but it would be preferable  to offer this message at the top of the site, the bottom of the site or as a popup when the customer first visits the site.

Edited by Yngvi (see edit history)

2 - Are you talking about something that can't be done through Permissions in the BO ? http://puu.sh/6nVDB.png

3 - You can already do that

4 - We have module and great company specialized in that

5 - I agree

Glad you like the new version :)

2- No. I am not sure about new permission in back office. Please see this. Is this possible in new version?

3- Really, is it a 1.6 feature? If its in 1.5.x then I tried but it did not work. When I enable catalog mode and then order from back office it give the error "You already have the maximum quantity available for this product.". Can you tell me how? Thanks

4- Fair enough.

Thanks for the response.

Edited by sttaq (see edit history)

I think:

1. Presta 1.6 need to have more ways to moderate orders - abadoned carts and etc.  

2. Optimisation chekout process! One page cheout is better option. But need to directly confirm without reloading page.

3. Better upgrade. Wordpress have houge jump with auto upgrade. Here is more difficult but problems with upgrade tell me how imperfect is prestashop today. I hope to be more easy and even auto upgrade in futere - presta 1.7, 1.8 may be.

4. Veritified free modules for 1.6 - Presta is free, why everhing that merchant will be need that non in defaut prestashop to be buyed. Non have sense. Everybody want to make money but how small shops to grow up when only basic  system is free, evethink other is need to buy - for certified version from your shop ADDONS - I talk for small modules that repair disadvantages of prestashop version

5. Clear URL's. Without ID

Thank you for your work. Prestashop is very god ecommerce solution but everthing is imperfect.

Keep coding

I think:

1. Presta 1.6 need to have more ways to moderate orders - abadoned carts and etc.  

2. Optimisation chekout process! One page cheout is better option. But need to directly confirm without reloading page.

3. Better upgrade. Wordpress have houge jump with auto upgrade. Here is more difficult but problems with upgrade tell me how imperfect is prestashop today. I hope to be more easy and even auto upgrade in futere - presta 1.7, 1.8 may be.

4. Veritified free modules for 1.6 - Presta is free, why everhing that merchant will be need that non in defaut prestashop to be buyed. Non have sense. Everybody want to make money but how small shops to grow up when only basic  system is free, evethink other is need to buy - for certified version from your shop ADDONS - I talk for small modules that repair disadvantages of prestashop version

5. Clear URL's. Without ID

Thank you for your work. Prestashop is very god ecommerce solution but everthing is imperfect.

Keep coding

Clear URLs without ID is indeed a good feature request. I would +1 that.

Another one: Customizable front end forms i.e. Sign-up, Registration etc. The layout, fields etc could be made customizable from back office. Might be a thing for separate module but if included by default would be great.

• Like 1

2- No. I am not sure about new permission in back office. Please see this. Is this possible in new version?

3- Really, is it a 1.6 feature? If its in 1.5.x then I tried but it did not work. When I enable catalog mode and then order from back office it give the error "You already have the maximum quantity available for this product.". Can you tell me how? Thanks

4- Fair enough.

Thanks for the response.

2 - Then no, you can't do that with current permissions.

3 - Oops, you're right. I agree it should be doable.

btw with 1.6 already in alpha, will the team consider any feature requests now?

1.6.0 is in alpha. The whole 1.6 doesn't stop with the first release. Feature requested will indeed won't be in 1.6.0 but we will consider them for the future versions.

This is a little out of the scope of 1.6, but I would like to see different page types. Currently there is product page, category page, cms page, cms category. I would like to see a post and a post category page type added. Basically a blog integration inside prestashop.

Something like this?  https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/1212

It's a simple newsfeed, not a blog that you suggested. But I guess it could be extend to allow posting from customers.

Don't know if PrestaShop team will add it tho...

Just my 2 cents, but I would really like to see a better Product Comments similar to Amazon.  If find the Product Comments lacking in functionality.  Why is it we need to break the core to have the reviews showing at the home page/featured products or at the category/search level.  Seems that it should be on top of the list for any serious cart?

I would like to have some kind of reset button that sets the prestashop theme/module configuration back to a standard configuration. After changing themes it is very difficult to remove settings made by a specific theme (especially since the search for third party modules has dissappeared). If I change back to the default theme everything is messed up and it is very difficult to get back to the default configuration.

• Like 2

I am changing our shopsytem from opencart to prestashop. At the moment I am testing a lot about 1.6 alpha. I miss some features.

1.) I dont get the point why reference is something like this "XKBKNABJK". No customer wants to write this in a bank transfer. Why not just use a number which is increasing?

2.) Creating invoice number. I would like to have more options. I doesn't allow multishopping settings. And much more important for me, it should be possible to reset the number every year. 

3.) Quick-View is very slow on my teststore. Isn't it possible to deactivate?

4.) Payment moduls. There is a free modul called Universal Payment Modul, but this is not working properly. Why does prestashop not include such a feature? Many people seem to try to have a payment method without a real payment. Also I would like the possibilty to add a fee for payment methods. Also it's hard to set the status which should be after an order is placed by a payment method. For example I tried to have same status after Bankpayment and Cheque. I searched alot in the forum, but couldnt get it work with 1.6.0.2 alpha. 

5.) Blog Modul. I think this was said by others before. It's intersting that in your own blog, you often write how important it is to have a corporate blog and that it will boost our sales, so why not to add a blog module by default? I know there are moduls with blog feature, but I think nowdays this is like a basic feature for a onlineshop (you write the same in your blog). 

I am interested to know how you think about this ideas.

Edited by wakabayashi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

@wakabayashi thanks for writing down these 5 points, I totally agree with you. In regard to point 1: we have created/supported over 30 new PreastaShop's last year and every time the customer told us to change the "XKBKNABJK" into a number.

I think also the reference should be a number. Personally I prefer if it's using the ID number with 0000 before it.

And I know there is more ppl  on forum that wants to do it.

I suggested it for PrestaShop, but they didn't like how I implemented it.

So I made an override for 1.5 here: https://github.com/PhpMadman/PrestaShop/compare/OverrideOrderRef

I'm still thinking/working on something similar for 1.6 but with an different approach on how I implement it in to PrestaShop.

As for wakabayashi nr5. I posted code for a Newsfeed to Presta team, and atlest one of there members has checked it out. But no confirmation that it will be added later on.

• Like 1

I would like to have some kind of reset button that sets the prestashop theme/module configuration back to a standard configuration. After changing themes it is very difficult to remove settings made by a specific theme (especially since the search for third party modules has dissappeared). If I change back to the default theme everything is messed up and it is very difficult to get back to the default configuration.

Switching theme has become way easier in 1.6 (go directly to Preferences > Themes, not the module). You should give it a try and tell me if that worked great for you.

3.) Quick-View is very slow on my teststore. Isn't it possible to deactivate?

Yes. Search for "Theme Configurator" in module list, click on "Configure".

Switching theme has become way easier in 1.6 (go directly to Preferences > Themes, not the module). You should give it a try and tell me if that worked great for you.

Yes. Search for "Theme Configurator" in module list, click on "Configure".

Hi Lucas, switching themes is not the problem. This is indeed very comfortable. But many themes come with their own configuration and may even have their own modules. Then you would want to install it via import a theme module. If you then switch from such a theme (I just sent you a download link regarding the other thread) back to the default theme it is difficult to find the third party modules that need to be deactivated since the search for modules by author has been gone. So it takes some time to reorder things after switching themes.

it is difficult to find the third party modules that need to be deactivated since the search for modules by author has been gone. So it takes some time to reorder things after switching themes.

Nope, that feature is back, don't worry :)

Also, theme installation keeps theme configuration so it automatically install/disable modules so it's really easy to switch from theme to theme (and you can still of course select which modules you want or not).

• Like 1

I just dont get the logic behind changing the order number to a reference. To say that it is annoying is an understatement. To answer to the question, 'What do you want 1.6 to do', i would like some of the things to be just like they were in 1.4.

Order number instead of reference.

Voucher code instead of name in cart summary. ( Whats up with this idea? )

Please restore some sanity to the new release, and backport the changes to 1.5 also to benefit people who are on 1.5.

And to those who want to change the reference back to a number, there is a module for it on the forums somewhere.  It works well.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218257-module-change-order-reference-using-order-id-andor-cart-id/

Edited by indus (see edit history)

Nope, that feature is back, don't worry :)

Also, theme installation keeps theme configuration so it automatically install/disable modules so it's really easy to switch from theme to theme (and you can still of course select which modules you want or not).

Very glad to hear this :-)

But if I switch themes in the backend the modules of the previous theme won't be disabled. At least not in my installation.

I think combining customers and guests with same email under Customers tab would be great. Currently it shows both, so if same customer registered and also placed an order as a guest he will be listed twice. I haven't tried 1.6 yet but this is how it works in 1.5

I would appreciate a better oversight for positioning modules at the different hooks. For me as user the most important hooks are those where I can place the modules. The way it is now the hooks look confusing. I can imagine that it would be easier if the hooks were separated in groups. For example one group to locate the modules such as top of page, homepage, left column, right column and footer. Then separate groups for action hooks or whatever the other hooks are for. I always have a hard time to find what I am looking for and I have already accidentally unhooked modules from the header instead of top of pages because there is such an overwhelming number of hooks and it is very easy to take the wrong one because they are all mixed.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Here are my changes that I hope are made in 1.6.

1. Please allow edits/deletions to any part of an order. (i.e. changing the shipping price/carrier, deleting a payment, etc.)

2. If a customer has checked out as a guest previously, please allow them to then place another order and create an account. Currently they aren't allowed to because it states that a customer already exists with this email address.

3. Like others have said, please get rid of the STUPID reference ID. Make it a number.

4. Make editing product combinations much easier. Can't you make it so we can edit within the row of each record rather than having to click on each individual record and editing at the top and then having to save. This can be such a pain when you have a lot of combinations.

5. Please add the ability to add multiple "tabs" within the product page.

6. After you select an option for the first product attribute, only show available values in the 2nd attribute, 3rd attribute, and so on.

• Like 4

Dear Prestashop Team,

If possible kindly include following features in your next coming release.

1) Sync module with FrontAccounting.

2) Sync module with VTiger.

3) Shipping rate according to payment method (it's a feature bundled in ANY other e-commerce platform!)

4) Shipping rate per ZIP code

I know most of them are already available in market. but we are sure how long those out market product will work good with our Prestashop upcoming releases that's why we are not able to automate our Backend. If it will be integrated with Prestashop, every time it will be tested before new release in market. 

if the dependency on others products(FrontAccounting, Vtiger) is the issue in integration we can look for some 2 step integration module(Kind of Observer) so that in case of anything breaking in 3rd party module will not effect PrastaShop DB. and once its in place we can request to FA and VTiger developers to up to date at their part of Observers.

Its going to be a big Idea in open source era and this way PS will open doors for other applications to just extend listener's interface and get connected with PS!

-Rahul. 

Dear Prestashop Team,

3) Shipping rate according to payment method (it's a feature bundled in ANY other e-commerce platform!)

I know most of them are already available in market. but we are not sure how long those out market product will work good with our Prestashop upcoming releases that's why we are not able to automate our Backend. If it will be integrated with Prestashop, every time it will be tested before new release in market. 

if the dependency on others products(FrontAccounting, Vtiger) is the issue in integration we can look for some 2 step integration module(Kind of Observer) so that in case of anything breaking in 3rd party module will not effect PrastaShop DB. and once its in place we can request to FA and VTiger developers to up to date at their part of Observers.

Its going to be a big Idea in open source era and this way PS will open doors for other applications to just extend listener's interface and get connected with PS!

-Rahul. 

• Like 1

Dear Prestashop Team,

I know most of them are already available in market. but we are not sure how long those out market product will work good with our Prestashop upcoming releases that's why we are not able to automate our Backend. If it will be integrated with Prestashop, every time it will be tested before new release in market. 

-Rahul. 

When adding new product now i need several time to save because i add many specific price... every specific price want save. 
In 1.6 i think adding new product need to be with only one save. Now i need to save and before generate product combination - can be included that without reloading the page and going to additional page to create combination?

And adding video tab in new product page will be great for merchant.

Another details I'd like to see:

- Some more options when creating a cart rule like:

1. Customers registered between X and Y dates (to offer a voucher for old customers, or to offer vouchers only for new customers and not existing, something I miss)

2. Restriction of X minimum orders (to offer a voucher to loyal customers who placed more than X orders on your shop)

Is it possible to ask to improve the default bootstrap Theem:

1) h2 tag

<h2> product has been added to your shopping cart </ h2>

<h2> There are 0 items in your shopping cart. There is 1 item in your cart </ h2>

Does template should to have such h2 tag?

This is not good for SEO

2) Page Speed ​​- Optimize the template

Thanks.

1- Export Products (with descriptions, tags, images), and Orders, and Customers

2- CKEditor instead of tinyMCE (or at least enable all options available in tinyMCE by default)

3- Shipping rate according to payment method (it's a feature bundled in ANY other e-commerce platform!)

4- Shipping rate per ZIP code

5- The possibility to insert some custom html code in any module hook

6- In the same cart, the possibility to have some products that will be paid later, and others immediately payable. ("Bookable Products")

7- A serious backup system, like Akeeba Backup for Joomla

8- The possibility to select the destination while cloning some products (ex. Clone to --> All shops, Shop nr3...)

9- I would like that the module "blocksearch" was capable of searching in all of my stores/shops of my multishop installation of prestashop (configurable: search in "current shop" or shop 1,2,6 or "all shops")

10- Have more than one default template

11- Possibility to have the 1.5x template on the prestashop 1.6 (with bootstrap mode)!

12 - Possibility to add icons on features data sheet tab

13 - Possibility to have animation gif files integration

14 - Possibility to add video on the product pictures

15 - Support for webp image file format (https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/)

Edited by majority (see edit history)

I think the current account page is good. It's not that hard to jump between the pages. All of them have a Back to my account link.

It's userfriendly as it is.

We can't make more user friendly / dumb it down more. If the users can't handle a few links, then they should not be on the internet..

I think the current account page is good. It's not that hard to jump between the pages. All of them have a Back to my account link.

It's userfriendly as it is.

We can't make more user friendly / dumb it down more. If the users can't handle a few links, then they should not be on the internet..

I don`t thins so.

Why clients to click on few links when they can get all personal information, addresses and orders history. Now clients pages is 5-6 row. That is not pretty. Page is with small height...

I just tell my opinion and opinion of my Bulgarian clients.

Many checkout modules remove or get of clients registration because clients pages is not useful.

Regards

/Edit: I`m merchant i can`t expect 100% of my clients to be computer genius. May be 50-60% of my visitors have very little experiance of internet shopping and working with computers. :)

Edited by Detelin Markov (see edit history)

I think it would be useful if there was a search option in localization => translation.

Sometimes there is a string and you are not quite sure where to look for it, whether it is a module or core or theme.
Not sure if this can be achieved technically but if there was a search for strings in all language files this would be very helpful.

These are the things that I don't manage to do, maybe they are already possible, but I didn't find how...

I would like:

- to have the choice of displaying or not displaying the transport in the cart

- to write automatically to the clients who ordered so that they come and make a review

• Like 1

FYI, TinyMCE has been updated and re-skined: http://puu.sh/72lfz.png

FYI CKEditor is much better and more advanced than the TinyMCE

And also, currently we need to hack/change prestashop files to have access to the Full featured rich editor on product edit page

previous versions of PS have not this limitations, 

i just hope that we at least have a choice on the new prestashop 1.6

my 2 cents

1- Export Products (with descriptions, tags, images), and Orders, and Customers

2- CKEditor instead of tinyMCE (or at least enable all options available in tinyMCE by default)

3- Shipping rate according to payment method (it's a feature bundled in ANY other e-commerce platform!)

4- Shipping rate per ZIP code

5- The possibility to insert some custom html code in any module hook

6- In the same cart, the possibility to have some products that will be paid later, and others immediately payable. ("Bookable Products")

7- A serious backup system, like Akeeba Backup for Joomla

8- The possibility to select the destination while cloning some products (ex. Clone to --> All shops, Shop nr3...)

9- I would like that the module "blocksearch" was capable of searching in all of my stores/shops of my multishop installation of prestashop (configurable: search in "current shop" or shop 1,2,6 or "all shops")

10- Have more than one default template

11- Possibility to have the 1.5x template on the prestashop 1.6 (with bootstrap mode)!

12 - Possibility to add icons on features data sheet tab

13 - Possibility to have animation gif files integration

14 - Possibility to add video on the product pictures

15 - Support for webp image file format (https://developers.g...com/speed/webp/)

16 - to have the choice of displaying or not displaying the transport in the cart 

17 - to write automatically to the clients who ordered so that they come and make a review

18 - Lazy Loading suport

• Like 1

Make prestashop more uk compatable

ie the postcode format for the united kingdom should be flexible allowing for 6 dif formats

this is an absolute must I'm losing orders because I had to disable the postcode requirement to stop errors)and some customers when they cannot find a line to put postcode get turned off and don't bother

Hi PrestaShop Developers & Community ,

Are already aware that there are two modules downloaded for a money from Market Place of PrestaShop, one for the 2FA - Two Factor Authentication (eg. Google) and one for the USB Dongle Authentication (eg. Yubikey) but given the current and critical importance of data security and therefore access to the backend via the administrative side of our ecommerce sites are really convinced that these resources should be developed natively and directly for free by PrestaShop and included in the basic version of the program (PrestaShop Core, eg v1.6.x) as it would always be on time and date together with PrestaShop and then it would not ever fail development because if the contrary continue to be developed by the community may at any time be abandoned and no longer updated or made available.

PrestaShop is one of the best ecommerce software ever and at the same time a large business enterprise has always been attentive to the demands of the community and for this I am convinced that my request will be , I hope, be taken into account , because of data security is no laughing , is a serious thing, and also because I believe that would make another step forward in what is already the splendid reality of PrestaShop so that we can say with the release of the new version :

"Hey we have always been there for PrestaShop Ecommerce Software Free Number 1 in the world with over 310 built-in functions included with the upcoming release of the new update to the 1.6.x version of PrestaShop in addition to new implementations as Bootstrap 3.0, FontAwesome , Sass Compass , Data Driven Documents (D3) , Forecast Statistics, KPI (Key Performance Indicator) , Live Templates Edit feature Comparison , Rich Menu, Quick View , Safe Upgrade to New Version etc . , etc . , we also offer a new and important function that will add a new level of security with your Ecommerce the Native 2FA - Two Factor Authentication (eg. Google) + USB Dongle Authentication (eg. Yubikey) all in one".

For this reason, and with great humility, I'm here to ask you to include in PrestaShop a native 2FA - Two Factor Authentication (eg. Google) + USB Dongle Authentication (eg. Yubikey) all in one for access to the administrative backend developed by PrestaShop and included in the free version of the software (PrestaShop Core).

Thanks in advance for your time, wishing you a good day and a good job.

Sincerely, Fabio Perri.

P.S. : Already reported as improvement by me in the forge of PrestaShop (http://www.forge.prestashop.com) with reference PSCSX-823 .

If you want to participate in this discussion (with suggestions, criticisms and ideas) about my request, this is the link to the forum thread for PrestaShop :
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/310536-request-native-2fa-two-factor-authentication-google-usb-dongle-authentication-yubikey/

Edited by Fabio Perri (see edit history)
  • Like 1

"The need for Speed"

I am really looking forward to the 1.6 final

Will Prestashop 1.6 load faster than any others before it?

While all these features people are talking about are great to have, do they come at a cost?

I would like to have the option to download a Prestashop 1.6 lite version, totally stripped down to the bare minimum. A lite version that has been fully optimized and tested clean fast loading as it can get for 1.6.

Then I could install and do a native speed test with my host using the pure lite version as a bench mark. From there tweak, build and test as I go website for speed, usability and efficiency.

Prestashops core needs to become more simple 'really fast' to set a high standards for all modules to follow. 

The core should only contain what you 'really, really' need to have everything else needs to be ripped out and set up as modules or optional installs or widgets similar to wordpress.  

More is not always better.

Less is always better in my book.

That's my 5 cents worth on the subject.

I appreciate all the good work that you and your team are doing.

Thank you.

Grant

• Like 1

I want "new products" "specials" "featured products" "best sellers" etc removable. Not "you can uninstall the block modules that display the lists on the front page and manually remove the links to the dedicated pages, but your server will still waste processing cycles generating the list." Actually removable. From Back Office, without editing any code. I want to remove ONE block to get rid of "our store locations," not two.

Actually, better yet, I don't want to have to remove it. I want the option of a "no BS" theme with it already gone. Every time I install a store, I spent the first day uninstalling all the BS cross-selling and recently viewed and wishlists and quick view and social media and newsletter and all the nonsense customers hate. Give me categories, product thumbnails, product descriptions, "buy" buttons, cart & checkout, customer accounts, and a footer block to put customer account links and a store email address in.

Edited by jleesaxon (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I want "new products" "specials" "featured products" "best sellers" etc removable. Not "you can uninstall the block modules that display the lists on the front page and manually remove the links to the dedicated pages, but your server will still waste processing cycles generating the list." Actually removable. From Back Office, without editing any code. I want to remove ONE block to get rid of "our store locations," not two.

Actually, better yet, I don't want to have to remove it. I want the option of a "no BS" theme with it already gone. Every time I install a store, I spent the first day uninstalling all the BS cross-selling and recently viewed and wishlists and quick view and social media and newsletter and all the nonsense customers hate. Give me categories, product thumbnails, product descriptions, "buy" buttons, cart & checkout, customer accounts, and a footer block to put customer account links and a store email address in.

Hmm, i don't thnk you know how php works if you think that the server will magically process the new products list etc. without a explicit request to do so either via an url, via a get or post request.

Please do us all a favor and do some reading on the subject of how php works (or the http / web for that matter) before maiming your clients shops too much.

Besides, allmost everything you so eagerly remove from your clients implementation has its role and place in a proper online shop, provided of course you are building real shops, not product lists with a buy me button.

For example: crosselling is a way to show to the visitor some other products that might be of interest to him, mostly useful side products related to the visited one. The new products page gives you a convenient way to see what's new, etc etc.

*Customized Registration!!!

*Script defer or async for js calls 

* load default page in under 3 seconds on a shared server (thats what shopify and bigcommerce does)

*Don't load unnecessary module java script libraries if they have been disabled in the BO. In the current 1.5

version i belive even if the module has been disabled the header.tpl still calls about 10 JS librarys this causes massive delays.

* 1 page checkout that  actually works! the best one page checkout i have seen is on www.diamondcandles.com --- look at that and learn...

* Built in abandoned cart and fedex/ups/label printing out of the box.

* Reduce the need or dependency on third party modules that hardly ever work!

* Built in GEO IP for shipping/registration country field. That mean the select box will autoselect the country based on user ip, can use google api or maxmind to do this or other free tools.

* There are many more, i will post here when i remember!

Edited by ricky11 (see edit history)

Hi,

I mean the ability to customize the registration process.

for example in 1.5 if we want to remove the newsletter checkbox we have to hack the tpl file, no other way! this is so 1999!

We can't add our own fields or really customize it how we want.

If you look at big commerce or shopify you have so much control over the registration process, and you can customize the fields, and it will take care of the backed DB.

RICKY

im pushing the boat a bit now as the release date is very near :)

But a modification to the Attributes drop down lists is needed.

If a product has attributes, say colours, then the default selected item on the list should be "Choose a colour".

Currently we have to set a default colour, but if that colour runs out then our product is shown as "Out of stock" :(

This is shown here on the mobile version of our site

.post-404663-0-49162100-1394616635_thumb.jpg

I have 3 different action buttons

1. for "Out of stock" (Which is supposed to show if all varients of that product are out of stock)

2. for "Add to cart" (If the product has stock)

3. for "View Options" (if the product has attributes and customer has to choose options)

this code in my product-list:

{if ($product.allow_oosp || $product.quantity > 0)}

checks if the qty is above 0.

It needs to check the total of all variants of that product is greater than 0

Any idea how to do this ?

MerseyRay, would have been nice in 1.5x too - see also this thread:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/274265-how-to-enable-choose-size-text-in-drop-down-on-combinations

Haven't got access to a 1.6 test site at present, but from what you've described, the functionality has changed.  In 1.5x if the default combination was out of stock, but there was stock for other combinations you didn't just get an 'Out of stock' message. Are you saying that it only checks the default combination in 1.6?
Cheers, Dave

The ability to have a pack for each combination would be very helpful. It took a lot of scripting to pull that off in previous versions.

Also for pack set the quantity for the lowest available product quantity would be quite helpful

I know that prestashop is a French product but I would like to have this "siret number" field for non-french B2B registrations renamed. While France may have siret numbers other countries have VAT IDs for companies. I think it makes sense to make this field not a france-only field but a field for company VAT IDs (if I understand it right siret number is some kind of vat id?). I don't think it makes much sense to have a "siret (France only)" field in the registration process for all other countries while the field for VAT ID is missing. To make it short .. I think renaming this field would be a good idea .. :)  .

(VAT number won't appear anywhere in the registration form even if it is set as address field in the country settings and even if it is set as required field in the customer settings)

The registration form says company information but asks for French information only. The other information (even those that are set as required) can be filled in AFTER registration in the address settings. Shouldn't it be the other way round? Required informations are asked in the registration form and country specific settings are asked in the profile after registration? Just my 2cents.

• Like 2

I'd wish that the export options match the import options. When I export customers as csv file I cannot import this csv file because required columns such as password are missing in the exported file. Same with addresses. I can export addresses but I cannot import them because required columns such as alias are missing. This way export and import are not compatible and you can't use them for exchanging data between shops or moving with a shop.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I sell retail and wholesale. I'm located in California, USA.

According to my tax laws, I need to collect tax on retail sales in California.

But I MUST NOT charge tax in wholesale sales to stores located in California.

I have not found a way to make the system charge tax or NOT charge tax to different groups.

For example, the CUSTOMER group which pays retail price, will have a tax charge.

But the order to STORE group which receives a 50% discount, will need to be tax exempt.

My wish is that we could select if certain groups will be charged tax or not.

thank you.

Edited by myjaguar (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I would to install a less poor editor than the standard one.

I have downloaded tinymce editor v4.0.21 and ckeditor v4.3.4 and i would like install one of them instead of the standard one which si to much poor..

Thanks

I would to install a less poor editor than the standard one.

I have downloaded tinymce editor v4.0.21 and ckeditor v4.3.4 and i would like install one of them instead of the standard one which si to much poor..

Thanks

The standard one = TinyMCE.

You can do some configuration to fit your needs. Check this thread: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/317734-tinymce-missing-certain-elements