Back Office Issue : Automatically logout after select any back office menu

Hi All,

I'm using Prestashop 1.5.6 (newest version). And now I've issue that need assist from you all.

Every time I login to prestashop admin page (Back Office) and select any menu (like 'Product' or 'Module'), its always redirect me automatically to login page. Tried to sign in again, and its redirect me out again.

Some relosution that I've tried:

1. I've tested using all browser (all have the same issue):

- Mozilla Firefox

- Chrome

- IE

- Safari

2. Clear browser chached and cookies.

3. Uninstall prestashop and install again.

4. Using new database.

All above step are not work on me. Can you all help me to find where is the problem?

Thanks before.

Regards.

• Like 1

Hello, Vekia

How you told that it is problem on host.

I have face this many client site. When i select any menu it signout me. Different client i have face this. 

Yesterday i have to login a clinet site more than 20 times to setup a theme. Where the told that he never face this. I am really shocked what is happening.

It never happen in my sever. But lots of client i have send message on ticket system about this to logout .

Where it take 5 min to set up a theme by one click i have to wast 1 hours. 

Some time it work and i can able to got installation 3 step but then again sing out :(   :angry:

Edited by smartdatasoft (see edit history)

Me the same.. It appeared on 1.5.5

My domain is www.comercialandalucia.es and the error is continous.

But my trick is accesing the domain of my webhost

www.doodmide.factoriadigital.com/admin123

With this access, I never go out. But with the canonical url. EXIT EVER

What about this?

http://www.gibni.com/solved-prestashop-backoffice-login-refresh

Edited by maximo88 (see edit history)

I have a redirect on htcaccess without www to --> www 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
SetEnv HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.comercialandalucia.es$
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]
RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

Dear all,

There can be many reasons for cookie logout. I tried to give clues on the track http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10337?focusedCommentId=78920&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-78920

specially the option ""Check the IP address on the cookie" in preferences tab.

Best regards

• Like 2

Gregory Roussac

thank you very much you post reply. Here is what we face . As we are web developer company and have to work many clinet on many site from different  country , and differnet server.

once i got there access from our support ticket, i try to login. i can access page and when i try to do any operation it logout me. after several tried i am able to do that. But already my time is lost.

So i told client to fix that by there self and give direction.

It is 1.5.6 and i can't provide that because that is our customer site, and they have no permission to give that.

@maximo88

you can provide  Gregory Roussac your access by PM so that he can debug.

Gregory Roussac i have setup our shop on a2hosting. I have not face this kind of issue even in my localhost. All i have face different client site who are from different country. 

have the same problem here, i just created a new site with the latets prestashop, every time when i choose a page on back office, it took me to the log in page, then i need to put  the email address and pass word to login again, sounds like many guys have this problem, hope there is a fix. thanks.

Update: it's strange that this problem has been fixed by itself now, i guess it is just the cookie or proxy problem, thanks

Edited by stevenpresta (see edit history)

Hi,

Do you have the same thing in front office ?

I could not reproduce on smartdatasoft test Back office, i disabled for him "Check the IP address on the cookie" option in Preferences in back office but I believe he did not find the time to answer yet.

Can you please send me by email a temporary credentials to your back office ?

Regards

Edited by Gregory Roussac (see edit history)

have sent you my site info to your email, just take a look, just as i said i don't know why it was fixed by itself automatically,  but i noticed that my ip address changed during that time, and the problem was fixed after the ip address changed and also i used the proxy sometimes. hope these info help,  and also have tested my front office, everything is fine for now.

Update: just have done some more tests and i found everytime i switch my proxy (SSH) to open or closed, the problem happened, so i guess it is just the proxy or ip or cache problem, hope it helps.

Edited by stevenpresta (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I had the same problem and it began without warning.

I asked my IT firm to check my login credentials and from where they loged in it worked without any problems but when I tried again to login, after 1 min I whas out.

I disabled "Check the IP address on the cookie" in preferences as recommended. After I did this, my problem was solved!

In order to check if that was the problem, I enabled the option again and after 1 min I was logged out.

PrestaShop™ 1.5.5.0

• 1 month later...

Hi I am having the same problem, where can I find the option  "Check the IP address on the cookie" in order to disable it, sorry im lost, which preferences are you making reference to? Thanks

Hello,

You can find that option in the menu Administration -> Preferences

Hope the solution works for you to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, 

I'm facing the same issue of being logged out of the admin panel. I can't even disable the 'Check the cookie's IP address' option as I was logged out every time I tried to click the save button. Any advise on how to resolve the matter? Thanks. 

Hi there, 

I'm facing the same issue of being logged out of the admin panel. I can't even disable the 'Check the cookie's IP address' option as I was logged out every time I tried to click the save button. Any advise on how to resolve the matter? Thanks. 

Hello,

Try to connect from a diferent network. If you know a internet connection with a static IP, then connect from that network and disable the option.

Your IP is changing and that is why you are logged out so fast.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, is it possible to set cookie time for 5 mins? In the cookie preferences, default time was 480 hours, minimum you can set was 1 hour, which is still too long. Any ideas? 

I have changed in SQL file by manually from 1 to 0.12, but there were no effect.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this problem with 1.6.8 as well.

Being currently in HK, back office works fine for me on PC. But another user need work with BO from China and he faces the log off problem after every click in BO.

1. In Preferences/General there is nothing about IP check, is it now named ad "Increase Front Office security"? (but this problem happen only in BO, not FO)

2. Is this setting user related?

3. Did anybody found a way how to solve this?

/and we are using CloudFlare/

Btw. I am not able log in into BO from my cell phone (ANDROID KitKat) at all, only see rotating circle and than system return me back to login page without any notice.

• 4 months later...
hello, does any body know how i can manually set "check the cookie's ip address" to "no" by editing a config file.

because every time i do change it from Administration >> Preferences & try to save .. i found my self logged out

i have been in this for more than an hour and get tired.

Edited by bazalto (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, How are you all doing?

So, I am having problems, I am being logged out automatically and repeatedly when I am in the BO, I am fed up and I have spent 2 days browsing and trying different solutions, all to no avail. 

I have tried the following:

1. BO > Admin > preferences > disabled the cookie option. The problem persists 

2. I have edited the cookie.php (As suggested on threads I saw on different forums) The problem persists 

3. Before I log in to the BO I select the option to stay connected, doesn´t work. The problem persists 

4. Cookie settings on all my different browsers are ok. The problem persists 

5. I played around with the session limit in BO > Admin > preferences > 450 hours. The problem persists 

6. Different caching options. (Obviously no luck, but I had to try)

7. Opened an account on Cloudflare, someone recommended it to me, once again, just to try, and the problem persists.

8. Multiple fresh Prestashop installs. The problem persists 

I have noticed that when I add a product to the cart, and then I refresh, the cart empties on it`s own, now I can live with having to log in 20 times per hour (sarcasm)...... but the product vanishing from the cart when you refresh the page is an important problem, somehow I think these two problems are somehow connected. 

Any other suggestions apart from the list that I previously mentioned?

I am using the latest Prestashop Version available for downloading. 

Thanks

Edited by janjackel (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, How are you all doing?

So, I am having problems, I am being logged out automatically and repeatedly when I am in the BO, I am fed up and I have spent 2 days browsing and trying different solutions, all to no avail. 

I have tried the following:

1. BO > Admin > preferences > disabled the cookie option. The problem persists 

2. I have edited the cookie.php (As suggested on threads I saw on different forums) The problem persists 

3. Before I log in to the BO I select the option to stay connected, doesn´t work. The problem persists 

4. Cookie settings on all my different browsers are ok. The problem persists 

5. I played around with the session limit in BO > Admin > preferences > 450 hours. The problem persists 

6. Different caching options. (Obviously no luck, but I had to try)

7. Opened an account on Cloudflare, someone recommended it to me, once again, just to try, and the problem persists.

8. Multiple fresh Prestashop installs. The problem persists 

I have noticed that when I add a product to the cart, and then I refresh, the cart empties on it`s own, now I can live with having to log in 20 times per hour (sarcasm)...... but the product vanishing from the cart when you refresh the page is an important problem, somehow I think these two problems are somehow connected. 

Any other suggestions apart from the list that I previously mentioned?

I am using the latest Prestashop Version available for downloading. 

Thanks

Same here tried all of those except #7 and #8.

my front office seems ok, but back office logs out every few mins despite any cookie or session setting accessible via the BO. 

frustrating. 

Edited by Larry Sainte-Marie (see edit history)