Where is the error log?

I think I found a solution to my catalog page displaying all white (no options or tabs) in backoffice, but the solution says to check the errorlog so I can see what file it reports as being a problem. Where exactly is that errorlog file?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Thank you. I'll have to contact my host as all I can find is a cgierror.log and that doesn't show anything related to presta or the database. Maybe my host has to turn on php error logging, or maybe I do in the php.ini file that I have access to.

• 7 years later...

I have all in the backoffice, but i have error on the frontend. Please, can you help? petresort.pt

Thank you!

Hi,

In order to pinpoint the exact error at your frontend, we will need more data. Kindly elaborate the error so that we can resolve your error more precisely.

Waiting for your reply.

Have a great day

I think I found a solution to my catalog page displaying all white (no options or tabs) in backoffice, but the solution says to check the errorlog so I can see what file it reports as being a problem. Where exactly is that errorlog file?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Hi,

Error Log is a file that is created during data processing to hold data known to contain errors, and that is usually printed after completion of processing so that the errors can be corrected.

Path of error log vary for server to server If you are using Apache server then you can find it on /var/log/apache2/error.log

for Nginx it would be /var/log/nginx/error.log.

Try to find in /var/log/YOURSERVERNAME/ directory.
  • Like 1