Show Customer group on orders page in backoffice

in this case you have to modify AdminOrdersController.php file (/controllers/admin/AdminOrdersController.php)

you've got there code:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		CONCAT(LEFT(c.`firstname`, 1), \'. \', c.`lastname`) AS `customer`,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,
		IF((SELECT COUNT(so.id_order) FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'orders` so WHERE so.id_customer = a.id_customer) > 1, 0, 1) as new';

$this->_join = '
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'customer` c ON (c.`id_customer` = a.`id_customer`)
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'order_state` os ON (os.`id_order_state` = a.`current_state`)
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'order_state_lang` osl ON (os.`id_order_state` = osl.`id_order_state` AND osl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$this->context->language->id.')';
		$this->_orderBy = 'id_order';
		$this->_orderWay = 'DESC'; 

change it to:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		CONCAT(LEFT(c.`firstname`, 1), \'. \', c.`lastname`, \' (\', gr.`name`, \')\') AS `customer`,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,
		IF((SELECT COUNT(so.id_order) FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'orders` so WHERE so.id_customer = a.id_customer) > 1, 0, 1) as new';

$this->_join = '
        LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'group_lang` gr ON (gr.`id_group` = c.`id_default_group` AND gr.`id_lang`= '.(int)$this->context->language->id.')
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'order_state` os ON (os.`id_order_state` = a.`current_state`)
		LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'order_state_lang` osl ON (os.`id_order_state` = osl.`id_order_state` AND osl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$this->context->language->id.')';

effect:

8X71zHi.png

J. DOE (customer) - where customer is a group name :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

How do i get the state of the customer from the address. With the above reference i am able to get the city of the customer but not able to get the state.

Anyone can help me please.

Thanks,

and you want to display it as a separate row of table, or as i added customer group above?

one last question because i've noticed something while dealing with code.

customer can select two addresses, one for delivery address, second for invoice

from which one you want to display state?

one last question because i've noticed something while dealing with code.

customer can select two addresses, one for delivery address, second for invoice

from which one you want to display state?

Hello Vekia,

I would like to display the state from the delivery address.

Thanks,

okay so you ahve to add these two left joins

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'address` ca ON (a.`id_address_delivery` = ca.`id_address`)
        LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'state` css ON (ca.`id_state` = css.`id_state`)

then you will be able to use css.name to display state name

in this case you have to modify AdminOrdersController.php file (/controllers/admin/AdminOrdersController.php)

you've got there code:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '

change it to:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		CONCAT(LEFT(c.`firstname`, 1), \'. \', c.`lastname`, \' (\', gr.`name`, \')\') AS `customer`,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '
        LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'group_lang` gr ON (gr.`id_group` = c.`id_default_group` AND gr.`id_lang`= '.(int)$this->context->language->id.')

effect:

8X71zHi.png

Please this trick for 1.6.0.6

don't copy whole code, just lines that i added

Yes I add only this line and nothing change

I  bit of help please when you can

thanks

okay so you ahve to add these two left joins

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'address` ca ON (a.`id_address_delivery` = ca.`id_address`)
        LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'state` css ON (ca.`id_state` = css.`id_state`)

then you will be able to use css.name to display state name

Hello Vekia,

It worked like a charm.

Thanks,

you have to change also SELECT condition

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

you've got there code:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '
change it to:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '
effect:

8X71zHi.png

Hello Vekia,

How can i add state in the Customers->Addresses.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i have 1.6.0.14 and i added the line: 

but nothing happen, can you tell me what more i have to make?

many thanks for your help.

ok i solved! 

but i have a question, this shows the group where is the customer. 

i have  a modification where customers can change the group, and for example if they buy with GROUP A, in back office show (Group A), but if after they change to GROUP B and make another order, change all orders before too in back office to GROUP B.

thanks

in this case it will be necessary to store somewhere information what group was used to order stuff from shop.

there is no other way.

if i were you i will add new column to ps_orders table "customer_group" and i will add there this information

then you will be able to display it easily

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

I have the same question basically.

Display the group name in the customers listing in the backoffice.

So that my client when viewing his customers knows which group clients are into.

I can't manage to make my AdminCustomersController override works. I have found this one but it show only the id. I try to fiddle with your code here but no luck.

_______

class AdminCustomersController extends AdminCustomersControllerCore

{

public function __construct()

{

parent::__construct();

$this->_select .= ', ca.id_group as group_id';

$this->_join .= ' LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'customer_group` ca ON (ca.`id_customer` = a.`id_customer`)';

$this->fields_list['group_id'] = array(

'title' => $this->l('Groupe'),

'width' => 200,

'callback' => 'groupe'

);

}

public function groupe($id_group)

{

return $id_group;

}

}

_________

If someone knows how to display in a separate column the name of the group on the BO customers list.

Best regards,

Quentin

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So we did those changes in code and we see customers group and this is pretty cool but if we could sort customers by group like we sorting them by status it will be super helpful to manage orders. Is there any solutions or thoughts ?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

On 10/15/2013 at 8:00 PM, vekia said:

you've got there code:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '

change it to:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '

effect:

8X71zHi.png

Edited by antonio_fiorella (see edit history)

Ciao

facendo la modifica su prestashop 1.7

il sistema mi da questo errore

Query SQL non valida
Unknown column 'country.id_country' in 'field list'

On 10/15/2013 at 8:00 PM, vekia said:

you've got there code:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '

change it to:

$this->_select = '
		a.id_currency,
		a.id_order AS id_pdf,
		osl.`name` AS `osname`,
		os.`color`,

$this->_join = '

effect:

8X71zHi.png

Edited by tattichemarketing (see edit history)