JPresta.com

[Module] Page Cache - speed up your shop

Hello

I just purchased but I am having trouble understanding what should be set as dynamic.

shopping cart should be right ? how about paypal module?

Hello

I just purchased but I am having trouble understanding what should be set as dynamic.

shopping cart should be right ? how about paypal module?

Hello. First you should try with default configuration. Test your store and see if it's working good being connected or not. If you see some block/module that should display content depending on you (the customer) you should set it as dynamic.

Paypal should not be dynamic (order and payment pages are not cached).

Hi! Version 2.39 is released! Many improvments:

• Reduce database size
  • Forward dbgpagecache parameter so testing is easier, no need to add it on every page
  • Controls known compatibility issues
  • Improve infos block: real cache type is displayed (no cache, server cache or browser cache)
  • Move CSS and JS into pagecache.css and pagecache.js
PageCache is running on a shop that has more than 280000 products! Yes, 280K products  B)
  • Like 2

Very nice. 

Joe, is there a way to turn off cache for a user that has logged in?

Hi, why do you want to do that? PageCache is working even with logged in users. It handles user groups, specific prices, restricted accesses, flash sales, etc.

Unfortunately PageCache doesn't play nice with my login. I have tried everything. You yourself had a look.

If someone logs in the cached page shows "the login" in the not logged on state. In other words it doesn't show the user logged in. That just cause the customer to attempt to log in repeatedly.

If I could turn the cache off when a user logs in it would solve my problem.

So ... that's my question. Joe, is there a way to turn off cache for a user that has logged in?

Unfortunately PageCache doesn't play nice with my login. I have tried everything. You yourself had a look.

If someone logs in the cached page shows "the login" in the not logged on state. In other words it doesn't show the user logged in. That just cause the customer to attempt to log in repeatedly.

If I could turn the cache off when a user logs in it would solve my problem.

So ... that's my question. Joe, is there a way to turn off cache for a user that has logged in?

Oh yes, I remember, let me look at it again, I don't like to give up! I ask you some details in private.

There seems to be a bug with the new version (2.39) at least on Prestashop 1.6.0.9.  It looks like the first time a page is cached (the error goes away once you re-visit a page) I'm seeing this exception:

Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'url_crc32'

INSERT INTO `wvn_jm_pagecache` (`url_crc32`, `url`, `file`, `controller`, `id_shop`, `id_object`, `count_missed`, `count_hit`)				VALUES (				4122709878,				'http://www.canadacardworld.com/booster-boxes/1055-yu-gi-oh-the-new-challengers-booster-box.html?pc_cur=2&pc_dev=1&pc_groups=1',				'1/product/9/8/98ef0568e1507791cd4dda8e3b3f1dc9.htm',				'product',				1,				1055,				1, 0);

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);630. 		}631. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))632. 		{633. 			if ($sql)634. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');635. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());636. 		}637. 	}638. 639. 	/**

Another example:

INSERT INTO `wvn_jm_pagecache` (`url_crc32`, `url`, `file`, `controller`, `id_shop`, `id_object`, `count_missed`, `count_hit`)				VALUES (				3985267762,				'http://www.canadacardworld.com/2014-baseball-hobby-boxes/1097-2014-panini-national-treasures-baseball-hobby-box.html?pc_cur=2&pc_dev=1&pc_groups=1',				'1/product/b/3/b3c50fa9842d5f30899ef6d2f3636f48.htm',				'product',				1,				1097,				1, 0);

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);630. 		}631. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))632. 		{633. 			if ($sql)634. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');635. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());636. 		}637. 	}638. 639. 	/**

There seems to be a bug with the new version (2.39) at least on Prestashop 1.6.0.9.  It looks like the first time a page is cached (the error goes away once you re-visit a page) I'm seeing this exception:

I think this bug happens when 2 peoples open the same URL at the same time and no cache is available. But is this error shown if not in DEV mode?

No, it's just me opening these pages.  I have debug enabled for my version of prestashop.  The cache module is not in debug mode

No, it's just me opening these pages.  I have debug enabled for my version of prestashop.  The cache module is not in debug mode

OK, so visitors will not see this in production. Anyway I will analyse this and try to reproduce. I keep you posted.

Yes... visitors will see this in production!  I am a visitor to my own site opening these pages.  It needs to be fixed.

This is because you enabled DEV mode, didn't you?

Ok... I turned debug mode off for Prestashop... are you saying that there should be no errors now?  What difference does it make?

Ok... I turned debug mode off for Prestashop... are you saying that there should be no errors now?  What difference does it make?

It's just that your customers won't see this. But don't worry, I'm working on it; should be fixed fast.

OK, I have a fix! It's a matter of CRC32 value format. Version is in validation process on addons but I can send it to you as soon as you ask here (log in addons website before).

Thank you joecoolio66 for your feedback!

Edited by joemartin (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Joe, thank you for adding the customer login feature for my version. I love the way your module makes use of the browser cache. Nothing is faster than that! :)

• Like 2

Joe, thank you for adding the customer login feature for my version. I love the way your module makes use of the browser cache. Nothing is faster than that! :)

That's right! Thank you! Version is available on addons now.

That's right! Thank you! Version is available on addons now.

This made everything worse for me.

Add a product to the cart -> search another product -> product is gone from the cart. 

Customer logs in -> add -> search another product -> "logged out" & nothing in cart.

Had to turn off module.

Customer logs in -> add -> search another product -> "logged out" & nothing in cart.

I think this is how Prestashop work. Did you try without pagecache?

Add a product to the cart -> search another product -> product is gone from the cart. 

Probably a configuration to tune. Just ask for help here.

Hi, joemartin :). In Prestashop 1.6.0.11 I found that there are 2 types of cache listed:

- File system

- MySQL

Which would you recommend to go along with your module? Or it just doesn't matter which type we select?

Thanks in advance :).

Hi, joemartin :). In Prestashop 1.6.0.11 I found that there are 2 types of cache listed:

- File system

- MySQL

Which would you recommend to go along with your module? Or it just doesn't matter which type we select?

Thanks in advance :).

Just choose the fastest one (disable pagecache and do some tests). It matters for the first access which creates the cache.

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm using PHP 5.5 and prestashop 1.6.0.9 do you think that my site will improve performance with this module? Is there any way to check it in my site before buying it?

Thanks

Hi!

I'm using PHP 5.5 and prestashop 1.6.0.9 do you think that my site will improve performance with this module? Is there any way to check it in my site before buying it?

Thanks

Yes it will because cache is always faster than to generate the page again and again...

Module is satisfied or refunded, you have 30 days to test.

• Like 1

OMG, this module is the best buy ever - everything is soo fast now! :)

Only issue I have is customers getting a cache miss on less popular products - or the first customer hitting a popular product after cache expire.

My plan is to manually clear cache at night with the cronjob and the load all pages based on the sitemap (won't load multiple pages on categories but that's acceptable).

Does anyone know a module or service that will load a sitemap and load all URL's in it? Or will I have to do it myself? Prefer not to ;)

Edited by Morten Borg (see edit history)

Does anyone know a module or service that will load a sitemap and load all URL's in it? Or will I have to do it myself? Prefer not to ;)

You can read this post that explains how to use wget to do this, or you can also use Xenu if you run under windows. By the way, there is also a wget release for windows if you prefer command line.

Thanks, ended up writing a little cronjob to clear all cache at night and load all URL's in the sitemap.xml. Works perfect (does not load subpages in categories but that's acceptable) :)

Thanks, ended up writing a little cronjob to clear all cache at night and load all URL's in the sitemap.xml. Works perfect (does not load subpages in categories but that's acceptable) :)

Hi, Please could you share your cronjob syntax.

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)

Hi, Please could you share your cronjob syntax.

I wrote a script that runs on a separate Windows webserver that I use for those kind of things, not something I can share unfortunately :)

Hello, about the chache preloading at night

a unix script that should do the job is

#!/bin/sh 
# spider.sh: use awk to get URLs from an XML sitemap 
# and use wget to spider every one of them
ff()
{       
  while read line1; do
    wget --spider $line1
  done
}
awk '{if(match($0,"<loc>")) {sub(/<\/loc>.*$/,"",$0); sub(/<loc>/,"",$0); print $0[spam-filter]' sitemap.xml | ff

(Script from http://www.oneminuteinfo.com/2011/05/unix-script-to-crawl-xml-sitemap.html)

But , in my case i am getting error, No such a file or directory ,at ssh window

Maybe the module author could help?

Maybe the module author could help?

Why don't you just do

wget -r -D www.yourdomain.com -l3 -P temp -x -R "*.jpg","*.css","*.js","*.gif","*.png" --no-verbose http://www.yourdomain.com/

If you improve this command you can share it here (I don't know how to exclude aythentification and order URLs), -R does not work :-(

Edited by pagecache (see edit history)

Can you explain why do you need to add a script task when using this module?

Very first access to a page, when cache is not generated or is obsolete, is not faster. To avoid a visitor to have this first access, webmasters schedule a script to browse all the store and then generate all caches.

Thanks for your explanation. So I understand that it is only to guarantee the customer experience for the first visitor of that page, but it is not essential to apply the script, is that correct?

Any way if you don't apply the script, then the IS first visit as slow as if you don't use the module? or is it even more slow?

Edited by Antakarana (see edit history)

Thanks for your explanation. So I understand that it is only to guarantee the customer experience for the first visitor of that page, but it is not essential to apply the script, is that correct?

Any way if you don't apply the script, then the first visit is as slow was if you don't use the module? or is it even more slow?

That's right, the script is not essential. First access is as slow as if you don't use the module.

• Like 2

The goal is to load and cache all products and categories , some time at night.

So, the next morning,every time a user  visits a product , the cache was already generated.

( At WordPress , they call it "cache warming")

My script is finally working .
I had to convert it to unix format
From windows , using  notepad++ , Got to menu Edit > EOL Conversion  > UNIX  EOSX Format . 
Then save , upload , execute the script
It is getting form sitemap.xml all links , and "visits" them 

#!/bin/sh 
# use awk to get URLs from an XML sitemap 
# and use wget to spider every one of them
ff()
{       
  while read line1; do
    wget --spider $line1
  done
}
awk '{if(match($0,"<loc>")) {sub(/<\/loc>.*$/,"",$0); sub(/<loc>/,"",$0); print $0[spam-filter]' sitemap.xml | ff

The problem is now the the cache is not generated , the way is generated when a user is visiting the product page

Any ideas?

(Edit, the script is not essential , the module is working excellent without the script. I just searching a way to enhance the usage)
Edited by siomosp (see edit history)

The problem is now the the cache is not generated , the way is generated when a user is visiting the product page

Any ideas?

You should compare page downloaded by wget and compare it with same page openned in a browser. Maybe you activated geolocalisation? Or visitor's language is not detected the same? Or visitor's group?

Hmm, you are right , i will check  :)

I  would like to propose , at feature version , if possible , add an option to delete cache of a specific product or category only

Edited by siomosp (see edit history)

I  would like to propose , at feature version , if possible , add an option to delete cache of a specific product or category only

I'm working on it.

• Like 1

Dear Joe

Ater updating module it is hooking any more

I forget what should be done after upgrating?

Normally nothing. Give me a temporary access to your admin with this form and I will have a look.

Another great feature is the possibility of a cron job that automatically clear the cache and open all the website pages allocated in the sitemap of the store.

Another great feature is the possibility of a cron job that automatically clear the cache and open all the website pages allocated in the sitemap of the store.

You should read this post, some tools exists to browse your site and so warm the cache.

I'm experiencing a strange situation related with Pagecache module.

Some times some random products have the correct price in the category page (with VAT), but when you enter in the product page the price that you see don't have the VAT included.

After clear the cache of this module and refresh the product page the price is Ok again (with VAT).

It happens from time to time in some random products only.

Kind regards

• Like 1

Why don't you just do

wget -r -D www.yourdomain.com -l3 -P temp -x -R "*.jpg","*.css","*.js","*.gif","*.png" --no-verbose http://www.yourdomain.com/

If you improve this command you can share it here (I don't know how to exclude aythentification and order URLs), -R does not work :-(

Probably a dumb question but where exactly do you run this command from (within cpanel), and is it possible to schedule it with a cron job?

Probably a dumb question but where exactly do you run this command from (within cpanel), and is it possible to schedule it with a cron job?

This is a shell script that can be run in a console. I don't know CPanel, maybe you can ask on CPanel forum (if any)?

You can see this situation happen:

http://www.mundilar.net/pt/carabinas-norica/687-norica-ponteira-fibra-optica-tunel.html

This article don't have the 23% of VAT included in the price.

But If you change the Language it have the price of 9,95€

Feedback on this case: a customer (logged in with a known address) which is living in a country where tax rule do not apply was causing this problem.

PageCache v2.48 now handles this case.

• Like 1

With PageCache v2.48 you are now able to refresh specific product, category, etc. with CRON URL.

Examples:

• <CRON URL>&product=1
  • <CRON URL>&product=1,2,3
  • <CRON URL>&product=1,2&category=1,3
  • <CRON URL>&index
  • <CRON URL>&newproducts&contact
  • etc.
  • Like 1

With PageCache v2.48 you are now able to refresh specific product, category, etc. with CRON URL.

Examples:

• <CRON URL>&product=1
  • <CRON URL>&product=1,2,3
  • <CRON URL>&product=1,2&category=1,3
  • <CRON URL>&index
  • <CRON URL>&newproducts&contact
  • etc.

Excellent , the module was already excellent , now it is awesome

( If it is possible at future release , add an option at BO , eg Enter products id ( or categories id ) for cleaning )

Anyway , thanks a lot!

Excellent , the module was already excellent , now it is awesome

( If it is possible at future release , add an option at BO , eg Enter products id ( or categories id ) for cleaning )

Anyway , thanks a lot!

Don't worry, there will be much better in few weeks, but shhhhut  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Awesome, Joe :D. I'm wating for the next release to install it in my future e-shhop based on PS 1.6 :D

Hi Joe,

One question: in this thread you mention the pretty url module being not compatible.

Now there are a few other modules in the add-on market, which do the same. Do you have information, if they are compatible with your caching module?

Hi Joe,

One question: in this thread you mention the pretty url module being not compatible.

Now there are a few other modules in the add-on market, which do the same. Do you have information, if they are compatible with your caching module?

I did not test them but nobody complains about that. The pretty URL module was very uggly in terms of PHP, that's why is was not compatible and why is not on addons anymore.

• Like 1

Hi,

it seem page cache module cached store locator page as well, thus no longer able to locate any store.

is it possible to not enable cache for store locator page?

thank you.

Don't worry, there will be much better in few weeks, but shhhhut  :ph34r:

Hello Joe ,

any clue when 2.48 will be available at addons?

Hi,

it seem page cache module cached store locator page as well, thus no longer able to locate any store.

is it possible to not enable cache for store locator page?

thank you.

Yes this is a bug fixed in latest version. To fix it just remove the function displayAjax() in file /override/controllers/front/StoresController.php

Or ask for version 2.48 here.

Problem is fixed in Page Cache 2.49. Thank you for your feedback!

Hello , 

V 2.49 is working fine , but i get a blank page at module list  at PS BO .

Reverting to V 2.43 , no errors at BO, can you check?

PS Versios 1.5.4.1

Hello , 

V 2.49 is working fine , but i get a blank page at module list  at PS BO .

Reverting to V 2.43 , no errors at BO, can you check?

PS Versios 1.5.4.1

I'm unable to reproduce on 1.5.4.1. Can you enable _PS_MODE_DEV_ in /config/defines.inc.php to display error message?

Hello

I am really interested in this module! The page speed looks brilliant. I couldn't read the whole thread, but I have questions:

1) Does this module only cache frontend? I had problems that another caching module cached my backend and this was completly rubbish.

2) "Cache is automatically updated: when you modify a product, a category, a price, your stock, etc. cache of concerned pages is deleted." This sounds good, but you also write about browser cache of the user. Let's say when I change the price. Will ALL User see immediately the new price?

3) What about Updates? Are they free?

Edited by wakabayashi (see edit history)

1) Does this module only cache frontend? I had problems that another caching module cached my backend and this was completly rubbish.

Yes, only frontend but not all pages (order process is not cached for example)

2) "Cache is automatically updated: when you modify a product, a category, a price, your stock, etc. cache of concerned pages is deleted." This sounds good, but you also write about browser cache of the user. Let's say when I change the price. Will ALL User see immediately the new price?

No, that's why browser cache is limited to 1 hour because it cannot be aware of server changes. But once in order process or even in the cart the visitor will see the current/real price.

3) What about Updates? Are they free?

Yes completly free forever

• Like 1

Hello I just bought your module.

Speed would be good, but my site doesn't work anymore correctly. Couldn't add anything to blockcart and other features didn't work correctly. Can you help me with that?

Hello I just bought your module.

Speed would be good, but my site doesn't work anymore correctly. Couldn't add anything to blockcart and other features didn't work correctly. Can you help me with that?

Try to delete smarty cache

(I am not the developer , but i have the module ,and it is working fine.)

• Like 1

There are some modules that need to be loaded dinamically. Select them at the bottom of the module's confuration page :).

Thanks for the help here. I tested now a lot and I will check if I can make it completly work. I have my own template and need to change it a bit. 

What I noticed is that blockcart needs about 3 seconds to load. I understand that its slower load than the cached stuff, but is there no possibility to reduce this load time?

Is this module compatible with product compare? For me the compare function doesn't work same as before. I can add products and make the compare. But when I add products and load another site, the products aren't anymore on the comparing list.

Is this module compatible with product compare? For me the compare function doesn't work same as before. I can add products and make the compare. But when I add products and load another site, the products aren't anymore on the comparing list.

Ask for support here, I will take a look.

Hi, Would like to buy this module, but how do i find out which blocks/modules are dynamically loaded?

@Smiles:

Regarding the modules that need to be loaded dinamically, well, you can think of these as the modules that somehow need to interact with the customer (I.e. not to be cached) such as a module for product questions, product reviews, etc.

You can even go trial & error for each page/module until you've a working page :).

My website frontpage is currently loading in 2.34s according to GTMetrix FYI.

• Like 1

Hi Joe,

we are first moment users of your module, looks like 100 years  ago.... :) 

We are on 1.6.11 (default theme) and using module version 2.49 (default settings) .

Testing pages with GXMetrix, we can't get the speed boost.

Example page loads  in 6,35 seconds without Pagecache and  5,2  seconds with Pagecache activated. 

We can't figure out the way to get pages with rocket loading speed.  In debug mode, no error warning.

All tips are welcome,

Peter

https://www.derks-wielersport.nl

• Like 1

Hi Joe,

we are first moment users of your module, looks like 100 years  ago.... :)

We are on 1.6.11 (default theme) and using module version 2.49 (default settings) .

Testing pages with GXMetrix, we can't get the speed boost.

Example page loads  in 6,35 seconds without Pagecache and  5,2  seconds with Pagecache activated. 

We can't figure out the way to get pages with rocket loading speed.  In debug mode, no error warning.

All tips are welcome,

Peter

https://www.derks-wielersport.nl

Images are not scaled and seems to be slow to download. You could save about 35% in image weight.

Also, maybe you could optimize your images, you could save 9% in image weight with kraken or smush.it.

Edited by pagecache (see edit history)

Hi, pagecache. I'm testing prestashop 1.6.0.13 and tried to install your module, but it gave me the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/pcxcommx/public_html/mypcgaming/override/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 29

Just FYI.

Best regards,

moy2010

Hi, pagecache. I'm testing prestashop 1.6.0.13 and tried to install your module, but it gave me the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/pcxcommx/public_html/mypcgaming/override/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 29

Just FYI.

Best regards,

moy2010

I know, there is probably a regression into 1.6.0.13 that I need to investigate. Thank you for the feedback, I keep you all posted.

There are 2 bugs concerning this problem in 1.6.0.13: PSCSX-4794 and PSCSX-4773

They are fixed but 1.6.0.14 is not released yet. I advise you not to upgrade. I will try to insert workarounds in PageCache in next release.

• Like 1

I'm just testing PS 1.6.X, joe. Don't worry about it, my live store is still in PS 1.5 and working great with your module :D.

For other users should be cool to have this support, but IMHO no one is using PS 1.6.0.13 for their live site... So you should wait for the next release too.

Hi, Joe :).

Once upgrading your cache module to the version 2.51 it worked awesome with Prestashop 1.6.0.14. I even managed to hit the sub 2sec. mark measuring the pageload time with pingdom tools :D.

I just have a question for you, hoping that you could help me with it or clarify if it work or not:

I'm using a Lazyload module to load images. One of the modules that I have installed in my e-shop places a block on the homepage (Kind of "featured products" module), and I'm using lazyload for the block images.

Since this module recommends products based on the customer behavior, I don't need it to be cached. I set it as a dynamic loading module on pagecache's configuration section, and it works great, besides an image loading issue.

Most of the time the images won't load, so I thought that maybe I had to set the lazyload module as dynamic too. I did so, but that didn't fix the image issues.

Do you think that this problem may be javascript related? Or it has more to do with the way lazyload actually works?

I don't know how does the flow work, but I think that maybe the way pagecache works is disrupting it, preventing the lazyload to actually work :(.

Edited by moy2010 (see edit history)