en Jump to content
JPresta.com

[Module] Page Cache - speed up your shop

I cannot be happier with this module, my test site flyes now, pls check it out ...... https://www.njoytrends.com/

But besides module being a must , to more surprising to me was the excellent support and implication with custom integration i needed form developer, i have no words to acknowledge this guy, who is gonna makes me rich :-)

My experience with other module developers support in prestashop addons is not any good, so take care mr speedy and keep developing other modules.

1 hour ago, porrasus1 said:

I cannot be happier with this module, my test site flyes now, pls check it out ...... https://www.njoytrends.com/

But besides module being a must , to more surprising to me was the excellent support and implication with custom integration i needed form developer, i have no words to acknowledge this guy, who is gonna makes me rich :-)

My experience with other module developers support in prestashop addons is not any good, so take care mr speedy and keep developing other modules.

You might want to check your htaccess file as your site is not resolving to njoytrends.com or http://njoytrends.comhttps://njoytrends.com,

If you wish to speed up your loading times further you might want to set your SSL Domain and Shop Domain without the www. before of your hostname,

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/03/prestashop3.png

Edited by nicoX

5 hours ago, nicoX said:

You might want to check your htaccess file as your site is not resolving to njoytrends.com or http://njoytrends.comhttps://njoytrends.com,

If you wish to speed up your loading times further you might want to set your SSL Domain and Shop Domain without the www. before of your hostname,

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/03/prestashop3.png

Thanks nicox i did but dont really understand why i shoould speed up things this way.

I just upgraded the module to the new version 4.28 and now i have the problem that it mixes up cache from the normal site and the mobile site.

I am using prestashop 1.6.1.17 with default theme.

If have disabled many modules on the mobile site, dias, background changer and text boxes e.t.c but now the mobile index page shows these modules even if they are disabled for mobile. Also on the normal site text boxes from the mobile site is displayed on some of the pages.

So it does not seem to be a good idea to use the same cache for normal and mobile site as in this new version ?

What can i do to make my site look normal again ?

Best Regards  John

Hi Bonjovi67 !

If you go to the bottom left of the version number 4.28 inside you're module, you'll find Advanced Mode. Click here and go to the Options tab. Here you will find, Create separate desktop and mobile device cache, check if enabled or not.

Best regards

MacRoy

1 hour ago, MacRoy said:

Hi Bonjovi67 !

If you go to the bottom left of the version number 4.28 inside you're module, you'll find Advanced Mode. Click here and go to the Options tab. Here you will find, Create separate desktop and mobile device cache, check if enabled or not.

Best regards

MacRoy

That is great, thank you for the answer.

Best regards

John

Hi Bonjovi67 !

I'm glad I could help you! You are welcome.

Best regards

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy

Hello,

I have a problem with pagecache, when the module is enabled my header is deformed (see images below).

Any idea to fix it ? I use pagecache v3.17 and presta v1.6.13

Thanks

without pagecache.png

with pagecache.png

J'ai installer prestashop 1.7.4 pour test et il y'a une alerte avec le module page cache 4.30 quand je lance l'analyse : Une erreur s'est produite: 

Si HTTPS est configuré pour votre boutique merci de naviguer dans l'administration en utilisant HTTPS.

Pas d'inquiétude, cela n'impacte en rien la mise en cache des pages.

Le https fonctionne bien dans le back office, mais il y'a des pages blanche dans le frontoffice

J'ai installer avec prestashop 1.7.3 et j'ai pas d'erreur https et les pages web fonctionne bien avec page cache.

Edited by ritopina

On 05/07/2018 at 10:15 AM, ritopina said:

J'ai installer prestashop 1.7.4 pour test et il y'a une alerte avec le module page cache 4.30 quand je lance l'analyse : Une erreur s'est produite: 

Si HTTPS est configuré pour votre boutique merci de naviguer dans l'administration en utilisant HTTPS.

Pas d'inquiétude, cela n'impacte en rien la mise en cache des pages.

Le https fonctionne bien dans le back office, mais il y'a des pages blanche dans le frontoffice

J'ai installer avec prestashop 1.7.3 et j'ai pas d'erreur https et les pages web fonctionne bien avec page cache.

Si les erreurs persistent je vous invite à me contacter via le support. Merci.

Great module, thank you.

I am having an issue with deleting products though. The MySQL queries are taking a very long time, with the same query from PageCacheDAO.php executing 5 times, at 100+ seconds per execution. Logging the MySQL slow queries shows that one product deletion creates ~3MB in the log file.

Here is the query at question. The $url_query string ends up over 600,000 characters, which executed not once, but 5 times, takes a long time, as you can imagine. My shop has ~17k products at the moment, just to give a little context.

$query = 'SELECT DISTINCT pc.id, pc.file FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.self::TABLE.'` AS pc
  LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.self::TABLE_BACKLINK.'` AS bl ON (bl.id = pc.id)
  WHERE `backlink_crc32` IN ' . $url_query . ')';

My TABLE_BACKLINK is quite large too, currently at +14M lines. The TABLE table is 74k lines.

PS 1.6.1.17

Can you help?

Some info from the slow_query_log_file covering one product deletion:

# Query_time: 91.175904  Lock_time: 0.045711 Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 14305383

# Query_time: 100.045969  Lock_time: 0.043841 Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 14305383

# Query_time: 110.333737  Lock_time: 0.044119 Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 14305383

# Query_time: 109.052453  Lock_time: 0.157412 Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 14305383

# Query_time: 109.088081  Lock_time: 0.095610 Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 14305383

Edited by asapho
give a little more detail

2 hours ago, asapho said:

The $url_query string ends up over 600,000 characters, which executed not once, but 5 times, takes a long time, as you can imagine.

Thank you for this analysis! Which version of PageCache do you have?

Do you know if it is exactly the same request that is executed 5 times? What change do you do to trigger this reffreshment (price change, photo, description, etc.)?

I guess your shop has a lot of links usually due to a lot of categories in a big menu, doesn't it? If so there is an advanced configuration we can setup for this kind of case.

9 hours ago, JPresta.com said:

Thank you for this analysis! Which version of PageCache do you have?

Do you know if it is exactly the same request that is executed 5 times? What change do you do to trigger this reffreshment (price change, photo, description, etc.)?

I guess your shop has a lot of links usually due to a lot of categories in a big menu, doesn't it? If so there is an advanced configuration we can setup for this kind of case.

I currently have PageCache version v4.22.

The same exact request is firing 5 times; I compared the query strings in NetBeans and they're exactly the same.

There's only one event that I commonly do that takes an exceedingly long time, and that's deleting products; either one at a time or bulk. I.e. PS backoffice/catalog/products/select a product and delete.

My shop's essential an auto parts shop and my category size is large, with typical categories and vehicle make and model categories. Category count is currently ~2500. I also have 108k product_attributes, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a problem when the ajax desactivated in module cart, prestashop 1.6.1.18

quantities are not updated on pages, and cart remains empty,

but when I click and go in the cart is updated...

someone knows this problem?

On 10/07/2018 at 8:24 PM, asapho said:

The same exact request is firing 5 times; I compared the query strings in NetBeans and they're exactly the same.

This is weird, this should not happen or only in 5 differents HTML requests... Can you contact me (via addons or jpresta.com) so I can analyse it deeper? Thank you.

15 hours ago, tsoful said:

I have a problem when the ajax desactivated in module cart, prestashop 1.6.1.18

quantities are not updated on pages, and cart remains empty,

but when I click and go in the cart is updated...

someone knows this problem?

Hello, contact me throught the support link (depends if you bought on addons or jpresta.com) and I will have a look.

Hello,

I installed the module on version 1.6.1.19 and it seems to not work on my homepage. I can't enable it in "page cache - infos". When I click the red switch on/off button, it remains still red. After the very first instalation stats on gtmetrix were A98 (not changed) A88 (raised from 84) and now it does A94 B83 but i am not sure due to its red unchangeable button if the module is working on the homepage.

Also the "page cache - infos" shows just sometimes, even when the showing is enabled in back office and when I enable the cache on other parts on my site it just automatically switch off.

Edited by vajdal

4 hours ago, vajdal said:

I installed the module on version 1.6.1.19 and it seems to not work on my homepage. I can't enable it in "page cache - infos". When I click the red switch on/off button, it remains still red. After the very first instalation stats on gtmetrix were A98 (not changed) A88 (raised from 84) and now it does A94 B83 but i am not sure due to its red unchangeable button if the module is working on the homepage.

Also the "page cache - infos" shows just sometimes, even when the showing is enabled in back office and when I enable the cache on other parts on my site it just automatically switch off.

Try to clear the cache in Advanced parameters > Performances. Check URL parameters 'dbgpagecache', it must be equal to 1 to enable the cache.

Page Cache decreases PageSpeed / GTMetrix score in test mode because of the infos box.

For your information: The score indicated by tools like PageSpeed or GTMetrix essentially reflects the design quality of your theme. This helps to know if your site is designed to display quickly, it does not mean that your site is fast. A fast site can have a bad score and a slow site a good score because the TTFB (Time To First Byte) is not taken into account. In other words, the response time of the server does not appear in this score. You have to look at the loading time of the site; PageCache reduces the TTFB, ie the response time of the server of the first request (HTML).