Moving directories

I've had some problems over the last few months with speed issues and apparently random faults appearing, all of which suggests to me that some of my files have become corrupted.  So I have decided to reinstall the software cleanly in another directory on my site, 

Is there an easy way to move all my products from one install to another?

Thanks guys, so if I've understood you correctly, the issue is copying the product and category elements of the SQL database from the old install into the new one.

I'm not particularly au fait with SQL databases, so please excuse me if this sounds like a silly question, but would it be possible to redirect my new prestashop install to look at the old prestashop tables?  And if it is how would I go about it?

well, it is possible but you must meet one condition: your new version must be the same as the previous

in addition, you will have to change also ps_employee and ps_customers tables, mainly because old passwords will not work in new installation (you can try to change cookie keys from old version in new one in file: config/settings.inc.php)

Also, notice that usually problems come from the database, there is no guarantee old issues will not popout using the same db. Furthermore, you can experience a couple of issues if you had module which are not in the modules folder anymore ( so it looks like they are installed, but they're not actually there)

Okay, so can I make sure that I have fully understood this before I start.

I currently have a prestashop installation at mysite/shop and I have created a new installation at mysite/newshop.  From the answers above I need to copy the p and c directories from mysite/shop/img to mysite/newshop/img

And then export categories and products from the back office of the original shop and import them into the new shop.

I'm not too worried about getting customers to register again and there's only two people with employee rights, so I can create those manually.

Is this correct?