[Solved]Product reference not changing in front office after import.

J.Sahu

Hello,

I'm using prestashop 1.5.6. I tried to import a product with more data keeping the id same so to overwrite the same data of that product. The import was successful and everything went right as I got new description etc. But the problem here is that when I viewed the product in the front office the reference number has not changed though the reference number is new in the products(BO). I've checked the database, in ps_product the reference value is the new reference number but why it is showing the old reference number in the frontoffice ? anyone could suggest me something ?

Edited by J.Sahu (see edit history)

:D This reply was expected. I've already cleared that. It's very common thing to do.

After posting this topic I uploaded another product and found that the reference number of that products has been updated, but the sad thing is that the previous product have the old reference number. I may conclude that there might be some problem in the previous imports (3-4 times). Now its working well but why did it happen. This topic may look like fuzzy but yes it's something like that.

Now my question is how to change the reference number on the front office ? I can see that the product has something as it's reference in the back office and showing something else in the front office. Can anyone help me get out of this ?

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. Using PS 1.5.4.1. After updating the product reference in the product information tab, the front office didn't reflect the change. Turns out that for every combination the old product reference was still active. Clearing those solved the problem.

• Like 2

I had the same problem. Using PS 1.5.4.1. After updating the product reference in the product information tab, the front office didn't reflect the change. Turns out that for every combination the old product reference was still active. Clearing those solved the problem.

Thanks, lot of work but this works. 

• 2 months later...

Dear all,

After import, this may be related to this commit https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/68846bb5cf2c484bb6219a39dff3d56310e43114 , cache for deafault attribute was not cleared afetr attributes import.

@jnceweb, you probably have references for combinations that overrides the main product reference. I do not reproduce you issue on 1.5.6.2, I can change the main product reference and it reflects on Front office.

Best regards

• 1 year later...

These answer can help someone.

If you have generated combinations for the product and then updated the new reference number then you have to remove/update  the combination's reference number else it'll show the reference number assigned to them.

ANS: Simply regenerate the combinations.

• 5 years later...
On 11/18/2013 at 4:14 PM, sannie said:

Thanks, missed out about the combinations